What is the MEANEST email you ever sent....

Options

Replies

• TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My girlfriends and I were staying in a hotel with a computer in the lobby, a guy forgot to log out of his work email. We responded to a work related email, coming out of the closet and confessing our love to their (i think) boss. hehe

that is the stupidest thing I have heard in ages. what is wrong with you
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My girlfriends and I were staying in a hotel with a computer in the lobby, a guy forgot to log out of his work email. We responded to a work related email, coming out of the closet and confessing our love to their (i think) boss. hehe

WOW thats messed up! Its one thing tell off someone you know but to jeopardize someones career, marriage, reputation just for fun??? That is low and childish. I would be ashamed if you were my kid!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Telling my mom what a ****ty mom she is/has always been. That was about a year ago.

3 weeks ago she took my cousin (one of my best friends) on a houseboat trip that I had been planning and she kept it a secret from me.

People don't change.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Told a person that I would hurt him if he had any kind of contact with my daughter in the future.

He took it to the Police. He threatened to take it to the Police. I pointed out to him that if I ended up in jail for hurting him, he wouldn't mend any faster and when I got out I would be even more unhappy.

:flowerforyou:
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I'd share, but displaying emails to forum mods is forbidden.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've never sent mean emails, but I have said mean things in person. I did get an email from a girlfriend of the guy I was dating at the time...but the email came after I broke it off with him. Apparently he was dating both of us at once and I had no idea she existed. She sent me an email calling me all these names and saying how she hoped I would die alone and a painful death. A little dramatic if you ask me. She assumed I knew about her and continued to "seduce" her boyfriend even after I broke up with him. I was about to reply in anger, but I thought about it and sent her a very nice email back. No name calling or death threats. She immediately replied to me and said she was sorry and that she didn't really want me to die. Kind of amusing in the end. They later got married.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I once sent an email to a reporter and told her that her appearance was displeasing and that she was a horrible role model and that she should be ashamed of herself.

Oh wait...that wasn't me. Never mind!

LOL! That video was great :laugh:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I sent an email to someone who is now an ex-friend, about 2 years ago, when she dumped her boyfriend of 10 years and father of her 2 children for some low-life, unemployed, drug-addicted scumbag she met on Mafia Wars on FB. We got over the initial email, but less than a year later she ended up marrying the guy and royally screwing with her ex's head by moving into the apartment just below him so that he was forced to listen to her have sex with this scumbag. In addition to that, she faked a suicide attempt and mugging in order to get admitted to the hospital and prescribed anti-anxiety meds for her druggie husband. That's when I had enough and cut her off for good.
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I haven't sent a really mean email, but I have written one heck of a mean letter before.

We had booked a bus tour on vacation and it turned into a nightmare. We'd booked it through the hotel because it was so highly recommended by the concierge.

The bus driver backed into another bus and it all went downhill from there. He had a suspended license, no insurance, the works. We had to wait, stranded, for 6 hours for the company to send us a new driver to pick us up. Meanwhile, many of us had tickets to shows that night which were nonrefundable (think Vegas tickets to big name acts), so this idiot bus driver was about to cost everyone not only time but also hundreds of dollars in unusable tickets.

Well, the bus company said they would only refund our bus tickets, and not compensate us for making us lose our other show tickets.

That didn't sit well with me, but the bus company and our hotel's concierge refused to do anything more unless they had our complaint in writing. I assume this is because they figure no one will bother to write a complaint letter while on vacation. My SO and I got a very clear vibe that if we left that desk easily we were not going to be taken seriously.

I wasn't so easily thwarted. I asked for a paper and pen and sat on the floor right next to the concierge desk to write it. I don't think the hotel enjoyed that, as many of the other guests ended up in enlightening conversations with my SO while I was working on the letter.

It was a wickedly nasty, but polite, letter.

I don't remember exactly what I said, but I'm sure it involved something about public relations, news channel whistle blower hotlines, and health/safety violations and what not, basically anything I could think of as ammunition. My SO was very impressed by my inner attack dog when he reviewed it before handing it over to the concierge, and asked for them to xerox a copy for our own records.

End result: A full refund and then some within 24 hours, covering both the bus tour tickets, our show tickets, and a gift card for a nice dinner. :)
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but how is ruining a total stranger's career funny?

Or maybe I helped them find love in each other? One will never know!

I would be careful about posting such things on a public forum, because what you did is a violation of federal wiretap law and a felony.

It also makes her sound like a sociopath (not saying she is).

Really?? A Sociopath?? Are you ill?? :huh:

She asked for mean emails and I gave her one.

If someone keeps their Facebook logged on in the Apple store and some kid updates their status to "I'm gay" or sends a few random messages, are they sociopaths? (maybe their boss is on their FL)

Honestly, I'm surprised by all the reactions to this as I thought it was hilarious, and if I sound like a sociopath to you, I also find you hilarious.

I guess I win the meanest email game! Annd.. I'm done talking about this. :wink:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

-Finds humor in potentially ruining someone's livelihood, yet you posted in another thread that bullying is a serious problem that needs resolved.
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    the nastiest email was one i never even typed.

when my husband was in hospice and on a morphine drip he was totally unconscious. my 2 step daughters called his mistress so she could boo hoo her good-byes to him. i had been up all night sitting next to him and i had gone to his sister's to get a couple hours sleep.

he died that night.

i found out about it the next day. i confronted one of them about it after i had picked up his ashes and she tried to justify it by saying a "friend" wanted to say good-by. i told her she didn't bother to call any of his other friends so they could do the same.

several months later i received an email that she wanted her father's ashes.

i never responded to the email.

screw her. i spread his ashes like he wanted.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

I'm sorry, but how is ruining a total stranger's career funny?

Or maybe I helped them find love in each other? One will never know!

I would be careful about posting such things on a public forum, because what you did is a violation of federal wiretap law and a felony.

Yes, but Section 12, B, ii, of the internet freedom act states that anyone who leaves their email open on a public computer has authorized any person to send emails on their behalf
    Um... yeah, no. It doesn't.

Go ahead, ask me "how I would know," then argue with me. ;)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I've sent some pret-ty mean shiz to my son's dad. Not super proud of some of the things I've said to him, but I will say I've never gone off on him unprovoked. But it was probably pretty unnecessary for me to say some of the extra nasty low-blow type things I've sent to him. Def not my most mature moments in life, but nobody's perfect!
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Yes, but Section 12, B, ii, of the internet freedom act states that anyone who leaves their email open on a public computer has authorized any person to send emails on their behalf

Well I guess you only have one joke, since this is identical to your post in the thread asking for advice on interview questions. That aside, what you did was incredibly stupid and potentially seriously damaging to that persons' professional relationship. And admitting to it as a amusing anecdote about yourself and your friends is equally appalling. Gay jokes are just SOOOO funny, aren't they? :noway:

Seriously? I doubt a bunch of 18 year old girls sending an email from someones account damaged their professional relationship. A simple "I didn't send that email, I left my account open at the hotel" would fix that problem. So lighten up. Yes, it's funny, and I wish I could have seen the end result.
    The point of this thread besides being "funny" is that you recognize that you did something pretty awful, you dont seem to regret it at all, you dont really seem to care what could have happen to that person, that makes you a very bad person.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sent to my crazy, stalker ex this morning.. She's moving three states from away to 'fight for me'.

[Name], maybe you are missing the point. I do not want you in my life period. You are a liar, and a piece of garbage, that has no place in my heart or my life, so GET THE ---- OUT OF IT. [Current girlfriend] owns my heart and soul, and that is all that matters to me. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Edit: LOL; I had said she was moving three states away; no, she is moving from three states away, LOL.
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My ex kept sending emails to my mother trying to make me look " not-so innocent angel-like" and after asking her several times to cease with the emails to no avail I sent a sex VIDEO of us to HER mother on Mothers Day of her apparently " not-so-innocent" daughter. I kind of felt bad after, but she stopped emailing my mom sooooo I WIN !!
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sent one to my birth mother, saying that she was never fit to be a mother. She responded with she never wanted me since the day I was born. I think hers was meaner =b
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Well I guess you only have one joke, since this is identical to your post in the thread asking for advice on interview questions. That aside, what you did was incredibly stupid and potentially seriously damaging to that persons' professional relationship. And admitting to it as a amusing anecdote about yourself and your friends is equally appalling. Gay jokes are just SOOOO funny, aren't they? :noway:

Yes, this sounds hilarious LOL. I bet he learned a really good lesson after that.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    Really?? A Sociopath?? Are you ill?? :huh:

She asked for mean emails and I gave her one.

If someone keeps their Facebook logged on in the Apple store and some kid updates their status to "I'm gay" or sends a few random messages, are they sociopaths? (maybe their boss is on their FL)

Honestly, I'm surprised by all the reactions to this as I thought it was hilarious, and if I sound like a sociopath to you, I also find you hilarious.

I guess I win the meanest email game! Annd.. I'm done talking about this. :wink:
    I question the viability of your original post, et al. My guess is, you made it up.

However, I think the bigger issue here is all of the things that could have gone wrong with such a prank, and the idea that you consider the notion thereof, "funny." I'm all for a good joke on a friend, in which absolutely no damage occurs. However, the fable you outlined above simply establishes an act of random cruelty on a complete stranger. And, regardless of whether or not you actually did it... it makes you "giggle" for some reason.

Your notion falls into the same category of putting nails under a stranger's tire. It's simply not that funny, yet carries tremendous risk of something going severely wrong and putting an innocent person in serious peril.

As for your legal justification, you clearly made that up. You might want to go with the whole "I made it up to be funny on a forum" schtick as well, because it was technically a crime. Actually, multiple crimes on both a federal and state level.

But hey, it's not like any prosecutors that specialize in Internet crime frequent this site... right?

Happy Wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.