People with a desk job

Options

Replies

• ferrahcn
    Options
    I have a 1 hour lunch break so i do a 30 min arm work out with 5 lbs weights. and then the rest of the break i eat my lunch :-)
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    All those who say they cant get away to take a lunch break - you know what they say - "You lose what you don't use". I say sod them and take your legal right to a break.

And while youre at it - take a 15 minute break in the morning and the afternoon as well.
  • RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    8-10 hours at a desk with two 5 min breaks and a 30 min lunch, not much working out happening for me while at work. I just bust my butt doing JIllian Michaels Body Revolution once I get home, just started this past Thurs. I typically dont get to exercise until 8, sometimes 9 at night depending one when the kids stop making a raucous while falling asleep. But regardless of how late, I still do it and push myself hard since Im sitting down for the majority of my day
  • RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I exercise constraint by not telling people to **** off!

^^LMAO.. yes! I work at an answering service this is a constant exercise. Makes you sweat to hold it in sometimes lol
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    The experts are saying that desk jobs are killer, as in they will most definitely shorten your life to a similar degree as smoking, and there is no way you can make up for that amount of sitting. You can work out before and after, which will help you to feel better and look better, but it makes no difference in the end.

Depressing. I have a desk job.

oh my goodness-do not believe that for a minute---all civil servants and writers would be dead before 40
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cheer up----you likely will out live those dire predictions:smile:
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I get my drinks and use the loo on the second floor. Other than that I just keep work outs until before or after work. I do at times eat at my desk but if I eat out I walk to the shops. Also when i file and serve court documents I carry and walk them down. It is an extra kilometer
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    I make an effort to get up and go for a 15 minute walk a couple of times a day. I also go to the gym every morning (5:30am) for an hour, since I don't have time in the evenings.
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    948c6_exercise-ball-in-office.jpg
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise at my desk... But I do have a standing desk that I use sometimes if my back is bugging me. I don't really enjoy working at it because the surface area is small.

I just try to get up and move around often.
  • dash108
    dash108 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

lol...me too!
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Chair squats :-)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I don't get a lunch or break either, and work 9/5-10 hours every day Monday through Friday. I get up once an hour, go downstairs and walk around the building for about 5 minutes, and then go back upstairs.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    At my desk, not much. But I'm here (at the office) from 7am-5pm (on a good day :huh: ) but I do the gym before work and if the weather is nice, I go for a run after as well. I'm able to get up from my desk though and when I have to use the bathroom, I'll go downstairs and use that one so I get not only more walking in but stairs. If I have to bring something to someone, I'll take the long way. If I'm waiting for something to print or coffee to finish in the morning, I'll walk laps around the kitchen counter (it's fairly large, we have 50+ people in my office)
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I work on the 3rd floor in my building and will occasionally hike down to the first floor to use the bathroom. I can usually get in about 3 trips up and down the stairs a day. I also use my lunch hour to walk. We have a walking path and a gym at work so that makes it extremely convenient.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Get a part time job after your full time job that is physically demanding. :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I type. Does that count?
  • Danardeener
    Options
    [/quote

You and me both girl!
  • frj85
    frj85 Posts: 62
    Options
    I too work at a desk....its a killer...I got so fed up with my weight and how I felt, I quit, went to a factory for 6 months...in that 6 months, I lost 75lbs, doing nothing different other than working in a factory. Im not back at my desk job, and so trying to find away to lose more and keep it off
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job too. I do squats/lunges in the bathroom after I go pee of course, ha ha and walk around at least once an hour. I also get to go home for lunch so I do some quick exercises there too just keep the blood flowing, ha ha.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I work at my desk, and exercise after work.