10 questions about your WEDDING...

Options

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1. 12 months

2. 13K

3. Invited about 100 45 came (we knew we'd have a low response b/c of the location / distance issue)

4. We did CD's in nice cardstock that matched our invitations.

5. Spring

6. 4 saturday yay

7. I would have not been late so I wouldn't have been rained on and have to move inside. Also the limo company was a bit sketchy it was the last thing I took care of and I should have researched that more.

8. The location and it's required catering co. Cleveland Botanical Gardens so worth it.

9. Gold/Ivory, Bright Pink, Bright Orange

10. We made the CD's but not the casing (those were ordered with the invites). I made the box for cards to be put into. We made the save the date cards.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? About a year.

2. How much did you spend? None. Mom in law paid for most of it, my folks the rest.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? About 150, most of them showed up.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Don't remember.

5. What season was your wedding in? Summer.

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? 7PM on Friday. That was when the church was available.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? That I was straight.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Refer to questions #2.

9. What were your colors? Hunter green and white.

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Mom in law did quite a few. Bows for pews (not archery bows), center pieces. decorated champagne flutes for toast, decorated cake server and knife. Probably more that I don't recall.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 18 months (but that's only b/c it was the only time around the date we wanted...FYI there's a ****load to do right at the beginning of the planning and then a bunch at the end...not really much to do in the middle.)

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? about $20,000 which was about what we had planned for. I wished we'd spent less on food.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? About 75 people which was at least 10 fewer than had said were coming (rude!)

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Can't remember

5. What season was your wedding in? Fall

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? 5pm Sat with the reception following within the hour all at the same place

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out?

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Flowers and YES...the pictures are forever and they're my favourite thing about the pics!!! We didn't use any on the tables though...it's specifically the bouquets that I'm referring to. In addition, not that it was a splurge b/c it wasn't that expensive but getting professional make-up is a really good idea (but try a few places to compare how good of a job they do!)...I've seen so many DIY that look good for the ceremony but it melts off their face and looks awful in pics.

9. What were your colors? Reds, oranges, yellows

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Well, sort of...instead of a traditional (expensive) wedding cake we bought three huge blueberry cheesecakes that we had our florists set up on the table with beautiful greenery around them...everyone RAVED about the cake! And I know what you're thinking...don't do it!!!....you're soooo busy the last few days you will NOT have time to bake!!
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Oops I missed #7....I wish I'd taken really really comfy shoes to change into!!! I thought I had comfortable sandals but once my feet started to sweat (it was a really hot day) I got horrible blisters (I had to wear flip flops my ENTIRE honeymoon b/c I couldn't get shoes on my feet the blisters were so bad)...I wish I'd at least brought flip flops or something just in case.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    , How long did you plan? We're taking about 14 months(Sept of next year)
    2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? $8,000k is a guess
    3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? We're inviting 100, think 25 show (it's in the Dominican Republic)
    4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? No idea yet.

5. What season was your wedding in? Late Summer
    6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Friday at Dusk
    7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? I would make it be tomorrow. :)
    8.Biggest splurge (financially)? I imagine we'll splurge on music.
    9. What were your colors? Not sure yet depends on resort.
    10. No DIY planned. Destination wedding makes things interesting.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? One year

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? We spent about 7 thousand

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? We invited 100; about 75 were able to make it. We got married in Nags Head, so guest had to drive three hours and pay for a hotel room.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? We gave out Hershey kisses and hugs. This was our DIY project.

5. What season was your wedding in? Fall - Late November

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday evening at 5 pm.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Hum, perhaps had the church and reception site a little bit closer.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? We splurged on a few things, we essentially took two honeymoons. We paid for our wedding parties hotel rooms.

9. What were your colors? White and black.

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Our wedding favors.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 1 year, 2 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? I am not sure what the exact total was, our parents paid for quite a bit so not sure

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 250 invited, probably 175 showed up

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? shot glasses with our names on them

5. What season was your wedding in? Summer--August

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday afternoon, 4 oclock

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? wouldnt have had open bar.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? open bar. dont do it.

9. What were your colors? malibu and silver

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? centerpieces, all decor, arch, center table back drop, etc
    pretty much everything except the flowers were DIY.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? About 6 months, though there wasn't much to do, it was a small affair in Gretna Green (though it did make the 10 o'clock news!)

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Less than £1,000

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? Just the 2 witnesses. We were going to have an after-wedding party later, but circumstances meant that it's been postponed

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Gave matching necklaces to our 2 witnesses/ best friends

5. What season was your wedding in? November, Autumn. We chose it for the date - 11.11.11

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? 1 o clock on a Friday. Just cos that was the date we wanted.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? I'd have loved the big party with friends that we'd planned for 2 weeks after the actual wedding. I'm still hoping it might happen for our first anniversary!

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? My bouquet, which was hand made by a local artist from old jewellry, some of which came from my mothers and grandmothers jewellry box, and which contained lots of little special symbols. It's a permanent and unique piece of art - I've even included it in my will to be passed to my daughter.

9. What were your colors? I wore green, my favourite colour, he wore a Titanic tartan kilt.

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? My dress came from eBay, and the Gretna Green staff took the photos (which turned out brilliantly!)
  • Damion72
    Damion72 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? year and a half

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Just under $7K when it was all said and done.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 250

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? don't remember. This was back in 97

5. What season was your wedding in? June

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday afternoon.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? DJ. He was a **** and bad.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? My Army Dress Blues. They looked cool

9. What were your colors? Blue and white

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? wife's aunt made the cake. And not really DIY but saved money having a buffet. Much more enjoyable and cheaper.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? - 1.5years

2. How much did you spend? 30K - it was way more than we planned
    Was this more/less than you planned?

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 150-about 1125 showed up

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Glass Coasters that has a spot in the middle for a picture (we inserted a thank you note in there )

5. What season was your wedding in? End of Summer (august)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? evening

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? we barely got to see our cake, had we known it was going to play out the way it did, we would have requested that the cake be cut AFTER dinner

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Open Bar - and for the guests I guess it was worth it, but for me no, I didn't even have time to drink!

9. What were your colors? Turquoise

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Not really
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan?
    18 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned?
    £18000 (my parents paid) MUCH more than I planned but I didnt really get much say!

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up?
    160/149

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)?
    Sugared almonds

5. What season was your wedding in?
    Summer

6. What time of day and day of the week was it?
    4.30pm on a Friday

NOT inviting half the family members I havent heard from since.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it?
    The catering. Well worth it

9. What were your colors?
    Ivory and emerald green

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which?
    Made the favours
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? less than a year

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Entire thing was around $16K

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? Around 100

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Wine bottle toppers

5. What season was your wedding in? Fall (late September)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Friday

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Nothing..I was 100% satisfied with it all

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Premium booze, and YES!

9. What were your colors? black & white (off the rack cocktail dresses that the girls could actually wear again)

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Not really
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 1 year

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? about $6,000

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 40/40

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? personalized photos of guest and groom/bride and candles

5. What season was your wedding in? Fall

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Tues during the day

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Everything went pretty well - can't complain.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? catering...yes, we have been voted best food at a wedding!

9. What were your colors? Red, black, and white (it was a rose themed wedding)

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? We did pretty much everything ourselves.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? Roughly 8 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? around 10-12k

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? I believe around 40-42 people invited, and showed up

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? hersheys kisses in cute bags

5. What season was your wedding in? summer (early August)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday at I think around 2?

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? I would change the groom.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? The cathedral tent, well worth it

9. What were your colors? teal, black & white

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? made letters that said I DO for the cake table, made bows for the chairs, made swag for the entire tent, etc.....mine was all DIY pretty much lol
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? - We had to change it several times but it took 11 months from engagement to wedding day.

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? - WITH my dress it was less than $3,000

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? - 100+/45-50

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? - We didn't.

5. What season was your wedding in? - Fall

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? - 11ish, I think? Saturday.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? - That my FIL would have actually shown up.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? - My wedding dress was the most expensive thing.

9. What were your colors? - Maroon, light pink.

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? - We pretty much did everything ourselves. All the decorations, food, set up, all of it.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 1 year

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? 3000

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 25/25 just very close family and our best friends

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? oil and vinegar dispenser

5. What season was your wedding in? summer june 4th

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? saturday/ 1 in the afternoon

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? nothing it was perfect

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? wedding rings and YES!

9. What were your colors? pink and black

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? I can not stress enough how online shopping saves money. My wedding dress cost me 150 bucks from china 3 sizes bigger than I needed and had it tailored to my body it was beautiful! and everyone thought it was super expensive
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan?

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned?

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up?

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)?

5. What season was your wedding in?

6. What time of day and day of the week was it?

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it?

9. What were your colors?

1. 3 days

2. $21

3. me, him, and the judge

4. na

5. Winter

6. Mid day, I don't remember

7. Everything

8. see # 2

9. Court room brown

10. na
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 10 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? More than we planned , around R60 000 (more or less $5000)

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? Invited 80, 60 showed

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Chocolates

5. What season was your wedding in? End of Spring
    6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday 9am

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? I would have invited fewer people.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it?string quartet and photographer get joint prize for biggest splurge. Splurge was worth it. In Hindsight the wedding wasn't . Should have rather gotten married in court and saved the money

9. What were your colors? White and beige

did my own invites, and thank you cards. MIL did wedding cupcakes
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 18 MONTHS

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? WE STUCK TO BUDGET, MY MUM, HUBBYS PARENTS AND WE EACH PAID 1/3RD OF THE TOTAL COST.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 40 TO THE DAY, ALL OF WHOM TURNED UP, AND AND ADDITIONAL 30ISH MOST OF WHOM TURNED UP FOR THE EVENING DO

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? NO, JUST CHOCOLATES ON THE TABLES AS PART OF THE DECORATIONS

5. What season was your wedding in? SUMMER UN THE UK

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? SATURDAY AFTERNOON

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? NOTHING, IT WAS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? MY DRESS, THOUGH MY MUM PAID FOR IT, I COULDNT HAVE AFFORDED IT OTHERWISE

9. What were your colors? NAVY BLUE & IVORY

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? NO
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? I got engaged in January and my wedding was in December, so I had a total of 11 months. The big decision like choosing vendors, were made within the first month. Everything else was here and there up until the last 3 weeks.

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? It ended being a little less than $30K (Our parents paid for the majority). I was right on budget, if not a little under.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? We invited almost 400 people, I would guess 250 showed

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? The photo booth strips were our favors.

5. What season was your wedding in? I got married on NYE 2011

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Ceremony was at 1:00pm, Dinner was at 5:30pm and the reception started at 8:00pm. It was on a Saturday

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Not a thing!

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Our biggest expense was our venue/reception. It was more than 1/2 my budget, but TOTALLY worth it. Having your wedding at a hotel is SO worth the money! They take care of everything for you. All I had to do the day of my wedding was show up. That to me, is priceless.

9. What were your colors? Silver, white, and light pink

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? My invitations required some assembly, that's really about it.