Are you excited or dreading Thanksgiving Holiday?

Options
NiSan12
NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
Just wanted to know what others opinions were concerning the Thanksgiving Holiday. I have decided to bump up my workouts a little bit and be more watchful around the Holidays so that I won't gain. What are your plans?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's exciting. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Holidays are a part of life. If you can't deal with holidays then you're not on a plan you can live with.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm excited because this year the bf and I will be able to be with his mom and bros and other family. Last year we were in a different state and couldn't afford the trip. The food I'm always meh about - I don't like to sit all day, and I sure as heck won't eat all day. But cutting up and having fun with his family - wouldn't miss it for the world, they are sweet and silly and a pleasure to be around. :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    corn63, I think I like you... :happy:

Anyway... I plan on logging everything so I don't over eat... and when I do, I'm getting my butt out and walking around my in laws subdivision a million and one times.
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! I never diet on holidays. this year I will exercise a lot more to try and make up for some of the eating though.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    both..im excited because my husband cooks a killer turkey! dreading because all of the YUMMY food i may have to not eat all day in order not to go over my calories!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have a small family and we all just kind of decided to only have our favorite things and not a ton of food like usual. I asked my mom to make a small pan of cornbread dressing this year instead of a lot because that's my BIGGEST Thanksgiving weakness, haha. I could probably sit down with the whole pan and a spoon. I wish I was joking. >.>
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    we don't have it lol so nope, makes no difference to us in the rest of the world, but have fun x
  • zgochenour
    zgochenour Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Pretty psyched. I am going to punish some turkey and mashed potatoes. Believe that.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My plan is to plan on getting less time to work out, so being more mindful of calories Im eating, try to be more active around the house since I won't be at the gym as frequently, and come food consumption time - eat sensibly, watch portions and pass on seconds unless its a really good wine! :drinker:

Same itinerary for Christmas!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    corn63, I think I like you... :happy:

Anyway... I plan on logging everything so I don't over eat... and when I do, I'm getting my butt out and walking around my in laws subdivision a million and one times.

Aww, I like me too:))
  • tiffany5839
    Options
    One day won't kill you! I'm not logging *kitten* that day! lol
  • yuanmori
    Options
    I'm pretty excited, but holidays are 'break' days for me. I just try to not go overboard with the portions and remember to enjoy myself :)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am leaving town to avoid overeating with my parents :P Mom's cooking is to-die-for and I can't resist. All my willpower evaporates when I walk into her home. BUT I am thankful for my family and I will take the time to show them!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    I cannot wait!!! MY extreme cheat day!!!
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do more cardio if i' m going to have some junk food that day
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Dreading. I'm very streaky. When I'm on my game, I can't be stopped. But let me at one treat and I end up waking up two days later from a sugar-induced coma :)
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    One day doth not a diet make or break. Therefore I throw it out as a free day and enjoy it and just get right back on track the next day. I don't weight myself for a couple days after either and work out hard.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    thanksgiving night... I'm gonna stuff myself silly, then keep doing that until the leftovers are gone. Then go back to my normal eating habits.
  • tiffany5839
    Options
    thanksgiving night... I'm gonna stuff myself silly, then keep doing that until the leftovers are gone. Then go back to my normal eating habits.

THIS^
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    It's exciting. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Holidays are a part of life. If you can't deal with holidays then you're not on a plan you can live with.

Exactly.
    Can't wait!