Are you excited or dreading Thanksgiving Holiday?

Options

Replies

• GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing family....dreading the food.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited, I love the holidays. I am gonna enjoy myself and I am not going log my calories...however I will be mindful to not eat till I am stuffed and feel sick, which is what I always do cause the food is so good.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy it. I'm not into self denial. However, in the up coming weeks I'm going to work hard to earn it.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Neither really. Too far away for me to start thinking about it.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm psyched! I was born on Thanksgiving so I get a feast, presents and birthday cake! I'm going to eat what I want that day. Even if I gain weight, I know I can lose it again. I have my whole life to eat healthy, but Thanksgiving is only once a year. I gotta enjoy it to the fullest.
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stuff myself until I'm sick......It will be 365 days until I get all that kinda food again! LOL
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm bummed because it'll be my first Thankdgiving without my daughter.... So it'll be just me and my poodle... But stoked because I'm doing my first 1/2 marathon that morning..... This will entitle me to eat whatever the heck I want that day... Which will probably be pizza and beer(I have this after every race I do)....

Everyone enjoy spending the day with your family and friends.....
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm excited...I'm planning to take a week off of logging because we travel down south each year for Thanksgiving and there are many great cooks under one roof. We also usually hit up fast food on the way down even though we rarely/never do when home. For some reason I just think they have better fast food chains.

I'll enjoy it while I'm there and get back on track when I get home. It's taken me a year and a half to get where I am (lost about 10lbs before MFP plus the 16 on MFP) so I don't think 1 week is going to kill me. I'd rather just enjoy it and enjoy my time with the family than stress about doing extra workouts to make up for it or agonizing over figuring out portion sizes and calorie counts of everything.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Pretty excited I get to see family I don't often see. I plan on treating it like any other day. Eat in moderation. If I go ove a little I'll work it off. I'm in this for the long haul! It is definately a life style change that I'm willing to make!
  • TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    I am neither worried or excited. To me its just another holiday that happens every year when i see people binge eat. . .All i need to do is keep in mind my portion size and be smart about what i eat. I can still indulge in my favorite foods but wont go over board. . . im ready for it to come and go just like all the holidays seem to do. . . now christmas (cookies!!) is a different story. . lol
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited, especially because I'll be doing the cooking.... As much as I hate cooking, I really enjoy making delicious healthy food for my family.... and showing them that eating healthy doesn't mean its gross. That makes it all worth it.

Sure, i'll probably eat a lot but I'll balance it out before and afterwards.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I will work out and eat all my favorites, in reasonable portions. Definitely excited for my favorite holiday. :happy:
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    lol at people pre-worrying about ONE day two months away...
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It's exciting. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Holidays are a part of life. If you can't deal with holidays then you're not on a plan you can live with.

Very well said!
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    lol at people pre-worrying about ONE day two months away...

It's this weekend/Monday for us Canadians :P.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about Thanksgiving! I don't plan on eating a ton because my hubby and I will be getting on a bus after dinner to go to NYC for the weekend with my Dad (who is flying up there from Florida). He even bought tickets for us all to see Wicked while we're in NYC! I figure all of the walking around the city plus the absence of leftovers will be a MUCH welcome change this year!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    To me, in my sappy, hormonal state of mind today, Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful for the all the many blessings we have. Not to be fearful of gaining a lb or 2 for a day of merriment and splurge.

Eat, Drink, Be Merry and be Thankful.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, enjoy today, leave tomorrow for tomorrow. (Or Black Friday for Black Friday).
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm excited. I'm gonna work my *kitten* off to earn the right to eat all that glorious food. I'm thinking a 5k hike with my pack first thing in the morning, followed by a long walk through the farmer's market to pick up some locally grown veggies for dinner, and I'm planning to help out in the kitchen. And I'm willing to bet that the kids are gonna want to play after dinner.

Certainly gonna earn it that way. Gonna sleep so well on Saturday night... then I get to do it all over again on Monday.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Both! I am thinking if I sneak a hundred calories off each day leading up to it (so a 600 cal deficit instead of my normal 500) I'll be good! I really cannot wait for pumpkin cheese cake! :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I plan to do a 5K on Thanksgiving..so it will give me about 300 extra calories...But I usually cook pretty healthy on the holidays..so I plan to eat what I want..and log everything..if I go over..oh well..