Are you excited or dreading Thanksgiving Holiday?

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    DREADING in a way-- not for food/body isues- but becausse I do NOT want to go to my InLaws. NOT, I tell you- especially on an election year.

BUT I might talk my husband out of it- then I will look forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving with my husband and 3 kids in our new home.
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Dreading. I'm very streaky. When I'm on my game, I can't be stopped. But let me at one treat and I end up waking up two days later from a sugar-induced coma :)

I'm the same way--very streaky. It could easily be a 4000-5000 calorie day for me, so in order not to derail progress, I am definitely going to go on line, plan and log my food and try to stay out of the kitchen!

That being said, I am always excited for Thanksgiving and time with the family. Also. Football. Hail to the Redskins!
  • SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt say im excited...or that im dreading it. LOL im actually really nervous for the holidays. I do look at this as a lifestyle change and I am going to try my hardest to stick to my calorie goals and not go overboard. HOWEVER...i know that is going to be extreemly difficult for me to achieve. I LOVE food. I will be working hard around that time that is for sure.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love it - off from work, so I can exercise more and I fix lots of vegetables with my Thanksgiving feast and eat a lot of those + turkey is healthy in moderation.:happy:
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    nope! i cannot wait for my grandmas dinner!! turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce and turnips....my mouth waters when i think about it! its my favorite part of dinner. i think we all bust *kitten* enought that having a few days of going over, even if its waaay over, wont throw u off for too long, lifes to short not to enjoy urself, your familys company, home cookin and comfort foods! my grandma would be insulted if i was counting that day and i cant let gma down! lol!! MMMMMMmmmmmMMmmmmm!!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I hate Thanksgiving for various reasons, but the food part of it isn't a very big deal in the long run. It is ONE holiday, and it's really the only one that is centered around food. Just take a small sample of whatever you want. A spoonful of this and that, and have a small slice of two of your favorite desserts.
  • embercakez
    Options
    I'm excited....I'm gonna eat all the food!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stuff myself until I'm sick......It will be 365 days until I get all that kinda food again! LOL
    i like your style!! :drinker:
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm excited. Ima go hard in the paint. Go hard on the stuffing. The ham. The rolls. The bird. Whatever. But I know Ima pay the cost to eat like a boss, so it's all good!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Completely looking forward to it, just like every year. I'm the dessert maker at family functions, always providing good for you dessert options. And I eat without being a piggie. It's all about enjoying the holiday, not how much I can stuff my piehole at one sitting, lol!
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Im always excited for Thanksgiving. I love the weather, the ppl, the food! I joined MFP last year right before Thanksgiving and I ended up doing well with watching what I ate w/o even trying. I worked out the same and ate what I wanted. I just happened to subconciously know not to go overboard and then felt great about it. I didnt have that nasty stuffed like a turkey feeling. Looking forward to it as usual =)
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    neither, but I get up early and try to burn at least 1200 plus cals that day and try not to go crazy at the dinner table..
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It's exciting. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Holidays are a part of life. If you can't deal with holidays then you're not on a plan you can live with.

this is the correct answer
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    The Family wants us to come home and if I do, it will be the death of my diet. I think we will just stay home and fix a small meal (it's only 3 of us) and go to the movies afterwards. Since we live away from relatives, this has become our tradition and we love it.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Life is hectic right now so I am not sure if I will even be able to take time to celebrate. But if I do, I will just log it and know what I did. If I go over some, I'm sure it won't be horrible.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am actually excited about it! Reason is because we are celebrating Thanksgiving at home (like we have for the past four years, even when my mom was alive David was with us), and this year with Keith (this will be his first) it will be nice to have a our own family Turkey Day and I know that I won't be stuffing my mouth!!! Also, all of our food is homemade so I don't have too much of the processed to worry about. :drinker: :bigsmile:

Now Christmas time though.....that will be a little harder to deal with, because its three families :grumble: (my father in laws side, my moms side, and my mother in law's side of the family, three different days in december, and not sure how our son will act though he did really well recently when we took him to his first restaurant on our anniversary). The worst part of that: not looking forward to my mother in laws side of the family making fun of me for eating so little :explode: , but i have put up with it for this long so i can block it out or tell them "I have never been hungry much everytime i come over." :bigsmile:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    corn63, I think I like you... :happy:

Anyway... I plan on logging everything so I don't over eat... and when I do, I'm getting my butt out and walking around my in laws subdivision a million and one times.

Aww, I like me too:))

Buahaha!! I would expect nothing less. :flowerforyou:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Excited! Running a race in my hometown, hanging out with all my friends, cuddling with my 4 month old niece, playing with my dog and helping my dad put in a new electrified fence (his Christmas gift from me) for his goats... HOW CAN I NOT BE EXCITED?

Oh, and good food and wine and beer too. Wooooooooooooooo!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    It's exciting. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Holidays are a part of life. If you can't deal with holidays then you're not on a plan you can live with.

every time i see you post, i go "yeah that...totally"

im excited about the thanksgiving. im going to eat and drink a TON!