Success Stories: Moms Edition!

Replies

• Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    I have had four babies. Two single births and a twin birth. The first two were vaginal and the last a c-section

23641_110603812306497_5921077_n.jpg
    4 months after my twins... I was 182lbs

iphonepics022.jpg
    taken in July...142lbs

iphonepics023.jpg

I'm wanting to get to 130-135 if I can but I have been trying and failing for nearly two years now! My body is fighting against me!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    I have had four babies. Two single births and a twin birth. The first two were vaginal and the last a c-section

I'm wanting to get to 130-135 if I can but I have been trying and failing for nearly two years now! My body is fighting against me!

May I ask how tall you are?
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    I'm 5'4".
  • ThisCanadian
    Maybe you're losing body fat and gaining muscles which is why your weight is stable. Have you been tracking your measurements? I think you have a lovely shape right now regardless.
  • I haven't taken a picture yet. But I can tell #1 at age 18 almost 19 I wasn't ready to go to College so I got married and had a child right away

Baby #2 almost 21

At age 38 5 foot 7 128 pounds got pregnant #3 up to 158 after a year down to 142

at 40 #4 gained 18 pounds close to 160 after about 6 months the weight came down to about 130ish

at 47 my Aunt died and I was shocked and had to handle the estate so I would be on the go all the time and was so sad went down to 114 to 125ish

at 49 stopped smoking took off some time from work up to 135 145 then 150 and 164 in less than 2 years it seemed like every 6 months I was gaining 10 pounds

at 51 sick of being so heavy 164-167 started my MFP been on 20 days down to 157 feels great
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    I started in January of this year. I've had my ups and downs but I'm currenty doing Insanity and just started ChaLean Extreme on top of that.

I am a mother of twins and 2 singletons all delivered by C-Section

BEFORE: JANUARY 2, 2012
    front-1.jpg

AFTER: JULY 9, 2012
    fjs.jpg

SECOND ROUND OF INSANITY (MONTH ONE)
    IMG_20120730_171835-1.jpg

HOPING FOR AN AMAZING PICTURE BY THE END OF THIS MONTH!!

First, let me say WOW!!! Wow, wow, wow!!!!
    I had two c-sections -- last one was 16 years ago-- and as I was sure I'd be stuck w/ this belly pooch above my scar (scar doesn't bother me at all -- I think of it as a war wound), I never truly tried to get rid of it.
    Thank you so much for posting your pics. So inspiring, and totally killed any idea of being a hopeless situation.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Thank you, ladies, for posting pics, showing that hard work DOES indeed pay off.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    I started in January of this year. I've had my ups and downs but I'm currenty doing Insanity and just started ChaLean Extreme on top of that.

front-1.jpg

fjs.jpg

WOW!! that's amazing! you go Momma!!

• tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    wow amazing transformations!! way to go ladies.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Well you know my story :happy:

Yes, but others don't, so you should post pics and share :)

Agreed. I can use some (non-surgical) inspiration.

Edited to add: OP I absolutely love your user name. :laugh:

^ I agree about the user name. Creative and unique. :drinker:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member

front-1.jpg

fjs.jpg

Congratulations! What you have accomplished is out of this world! Thank you so much for sharing. I truly do appreciate it. :flowerforyou:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Well you know my story :happy:

Yes, but others don't, so you should post pics and share :)

Agreed. I can use some (non-surgical) inspiration.

Edited to add: OP I absolutely love your user name. :laugh:

^ I agree about the user name. Creative and unique. :drinker:

*hugs*

P.S. This thread is awesome already ladies! Thank you all for sharing your stories. :smile:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    I haven't taken a picture yet. But I can tell #1 at age 18 almost 19 I wasn't ready to go to College so I got married and had a child right away

Baby #2 almost 21

At age 38 5 foot 7 128 pounds got pregnant #3 up to 158 after a year down to 142

at 40 #4 gained 18 pounds close to 160 after about 6 months the weight came down to about 130ish

at 47 my Aunt died and I was shocked and had to handle the estate so I would be on the go all the time and was so sad went down to 114 to 125ish

at 49 stopped smoking took off some time from work up to 135 145 then 150 and 164 in less than 2 years it seemed like every 6 months I was gaining 10 pounds

at 51 sick of being so heavy 164-167 started my MFP been on 20 days down to 157 feels great

Congratulations! :smile: Progress is progress. Keep it up!
  • Everyone looks so amazing! Hopefully, I will have my own pictures to post next year :happy:
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    I'm a mom of 2, my little girl is 4 now and my youngest, a boy, just turned 1. My first was delivered by c-section. I'm working on getting back in shape since July, hope to be able to post some succes pictures in a few months! Your posts are awesome inspiration that it can actually be done :flowerforyou:
  • Tazzymk
    Tazzymk Posts: 45 Member
    great thread, so what I needed to see right now. To all that have shared their stories thank you for showing that it is possible to lose that last bit of jelly belly. :heart:
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Awesome, awesome stories ladies. I have also been in need of inspiration and after going on the IUD I have gained some but starting to lose again. I guess not having gained all of it back is a little success :)
    Thank you for the pictures, you all look FANTASTIC!!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    @OnMyWay4: You look fantastic! Congratulations!

Thank you! I've worked super hard and I'm coming up on that year mark! I have set a new goal that I should have in reach before January 2013!!

You look absolutely amazing, you are such an inspiration!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    2 kids age 5 and 3, both c section..

Before: 102kg (16stone)
    Lydiabefore.jpg

this was Christmas, and I'm holding pretty steady at 50lb lost..
    Lydiaafter111216.jpg

Race for Life in July
    IMG_5485.jpg

it's all hard work, good choices, and more exercise. I can't recommend getting a personal trainer enough - even if it's just half an hour here and there to push you harder.

edited to say eek sorry they are so huge no idea how to make them smaller!
  • ThisCanadian
    2 kids age 5 and 3, both c section..

it's all hard work, good choices, and more exercise. I can't recommend getting a personal trainer enough - even if it's just half an hour here and there to push you harder.

edited to say eek sorry they are so huge no idea how to make them smaller!

Wow, that's amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!