Success Stories: Moms Edition!

Options

Replies

• no1belongs
    Options
    wow you guys are a huge inspiration to me i love seeing this thread and others like this because it shows me there is hope for moms to get down from 200+ to a healthy weight ^_^ keep up the great work ladies
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    This thread really needs a bump. Thank you everyone for contributing. You all look great!
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i have two under two! my daughter just turned 2 last week and my son will be 5 months on the 27th. in 2009, i reached my highest weight of 239. just last week i hit my goal weight of 155! unreal to me still.

i want to lose 10 more lbs but mostly, i want to tone. all of you moms are an inspiration to me!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i don't know how i didn't see this thread! THanks for posting it in the other thread I started...

I am a mama of an 11 year old boy. I actually lost a lot of weight after he was born, but when I stopped nursing I put on a lot and this is me at my highest:

25536715_5303.jpg

25536715_2591.jpg

This is me now:

25536715_7740.jpg

25536715_3213.jpg

25536715_6150.jpg

I am currently 19-20% bf. My goal is to be 16% bf and be strong...
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Mom to 5 (ages 13 down to 6), 37 years old, 5'6" tall.

WeightProgress-GoalReached400w.jpg

Lost the weight since Easter by logging on to MFP, cutting out sugar and lots of processed food, and exercising (biking and c25k). I continue to run 3x's/wk on the track of a nearby high school. I've quit biking for now because I exercise when I get up in the morning, and it's too dark out at 5:30 to be biking on the road, even with lights on my bike, so I've been doing 2 rounds of the 30 Day Shred on the days I don't run. I take Sundays off from exercising. Still logging what I eat, but I'm slowly working on upping my calories.

You got younger and younger with each progress picture!!

i thought the same thing!!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    i don't know how i didn't see this thread! THanks for posting it in the other thread I started...

I am a mama of an 11 year old boy. I actually lost a lot of weight after he was born, but when I stopped nursing I put on a lot and this is me at my highest:

25536715_5303.jpg

25536715_2591.jpg

This is me now:

25536715_7740.jpg

25536715_3213.jpg

25536715_6150.jpg

I am currently 19-20% bf. My goal is to be 16% bf and be strong...

You look fantastic! Thanks for hopping over and contributing! :)
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thank you Hot Mamas for all of your pictures and inspiration! I'm still a work in progress but hope that it is only a matter of time before I can post my own success story and pictures!

Same goes for me!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just had my 2nd baby 6 months ago and my profile picture is the most recent one I have (2 weeks ago)
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all look great! Way to go!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Just now: IMG_4255_zps95e28635.jpg
    February or March: IMG_1597.jpg

I am 5"5 130lbs with kids 8, 3, and 11 months old.
  • txmom3boys1hub
    Options
    You all did an amazing job! I just started eating healthy and exercising. I have had 3 c sections in the past 4 years. You all give this mama hope. :)
  • ksturky
    Options
    Well done to all the mums that hav reached their goals and gud luck to the ones who are on their way ????I can't wait to post my success story next summer.
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Just now: IMG_4255_zps95e28635.jpg
    February or March: IMG_1597.jpg

I am 5"5 130lbs with kids 8, 3, and 11 months old.

I don't know how I missed this, but WOW! You look fantastic!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to define yourself as a MOM?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

The OP is pregnant and hoping to see pictures of women who have achieved their fitness/health goals after having babies, as being pregnant and giving birth can do certain negative things to a woman's body.

How is this offensive? And yes, if you are a mother, it is part of your definition.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Why does it bother you if someone does?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Why does how others choose to define themselves affect you?
  • VelociMama
    Options

The OP is pregnant and hoping to see pictures of women who have achieved their fitness/health goals after having babies, as being pregnant and giving birth can do certain negative things to a woman's body.

How is this offensive? And yes, if you are a mother, it is part of your definition.

This.

Now, if you have nothing to contribute to the thread, let's move on to the moms that do. (not directed at BusyLady)
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    prego... you know my story. i went through hell and back to carry those babes as long as i could. 1st one was almost 3 weeks early and weighed 9 lbs 8 oz. the second was almost 2 weeks early and she was 9 lbs 14 oz..... i gained 110 with the first and 124 with the second. being on bedrest for 3 months of the end of each pregnancy.. i weighed in at 316 the day i delivered that second one. the nurse barely survived when i took her by the scruff of her scrubs and told her that her f n scale was wrong!!! looking back on it all... there is not a single thing that i could have or would have done differently. i wear my stretchmarks with pride and if someone has a problem with looking at them... then dont look. you my friend keep cooking that lil bugger!!! you look fab!!!
  • andshley
    Options
    These are all great stories and photos! I am looking forward to contributing my story in the next three months. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!