Beautiful Blues week of 1/11/10

Options
1235»

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Dr is sending me home the meds she is putting me on is going to make me sleepy hope to be back tomorrow.
    Now I need to get a medic alerrt braclet
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My son is Penicyllin allergic but it's not life threatening allergy just rash so he doesn't wear a bracelet. Did the doc recommend it? if not check with him.

Get rest - feel better!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Dr is sending me home the meds she is putting me on is going to make me sleepy hope to be back tomorrow.
    Now I need to get a medic alerrt braclet

WOW that was a triple post - you really are sleepy! :laugh:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi beatiful blues,

smadag1- Hope you feel better and for a speedy recovery.

Today was a slower day for me than usual, but I got in 20 minutes of yoga from exercise tv with Meaghan Townsend .

Have a good day!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    smadag1- feel better soon

So I just weighed myself and I haven't loss any weight and I'm pissed/sad/depressed/angry/and everything inbetween. I have been very good at watching everything I eat. Bumped up my exercise to 45 mins 5x a week. It feels great to be doing that and I have been eating 1/2 my exercise calories and still nothing. I can't even express How hard I am trying and still nothing. My only idea is to get my thyroid checked and go talk to my doctor at this point. I have been at this weight for a long time now and there is still nothing. I have been so proud of myself for choicing an apple over chocolate lastnight. I really am at a loss as to what I'm going to do. I don't want to give up but in my head that is what it keeps on telling me.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    j_g4ever- You're probably at a plateau, and I think lots of people here in MFP have gone through that. Hang in there! You have lost quite a lot of weight and should be proud. Are you drinking enough water?
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I have been drinking between 2-3 quarts of water a day.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Alright so I couldn't stop not counting calories today and I did exercise for 40 mins. I got an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. I was actually surprised to get in that soon. We will see what she has to say.

Do you guys have any tips on what I should bring besides myself?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm in a better mood now. I'm sure the first thing she will check will be my thyroid.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I just made this Spinach Tuna Casserole recipe for about the 4th time, and it continues to be one of my favorites. I only make half a recipe, and my husband and I have it for dinner with enough leftover for a lunch. Enjoy!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Makeover-Spinach-Tuna-Casserole
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I just made this Spinach Tuna Casserole recipe for about the 4th time, and it continues to be one of my favorites. I only make half a recipe, and my husband and I have it for dinner with enough leftover for a lunch. Enjoy!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Makeover-Spinach-Tuna-Casserole

That looks realy good going to have to make it
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hey Blues! I am back from an extended weekend away. I enjoyed the food while I was away but I am back with all the motivation of before. I've already scheduled workouts for every week day this week. I have my food planned out for today. I will work this one day at a time.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My son is Penicyllin allergic but it's not life threatening allergy just rash so he doesn't wear a bracelet. Did the doc recommend it? if not check with him.

Get rest - feel better!

The Dr did recommend one because of how sever my rash is and she said that my reaction to other forms of penicillin could be worse than it was to this type.

I am on the sidelines for a while because if I get hot I start to itch real bad so I have to stay cool until it is gone, but I am going to try to think of something to do so I don't gain while I am on the sidelines.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thought I would check in so you know I am still alive. I have been to the realms of bad food eating and I think I am coming back again. I realized that I feel sooo much better when I don't eat so much sugar. I start the BL competition tonight and it is good because I am ready to get this weight off and not eat junk anymore!

smadag--I am so sorry, I hope you start feeling better! Try putting cool compresses, like a wet washcloth on your rash and see if it helps with the burning. You have sure been through the ringer lately! :frown: Good luck! I wish I could help you more. :flowerforyou:

I am just waiting on a few more weights and then I will get the next chart up.

Tomorrow is the day. I am going to take my kids out for a shake today--that is something I have not done in ages, and then I am going to be the biggest loser! I think my thinking is really faulty, I have convinced myself that I have had to eat horribly to weigh more for the weigh in so that I can lose more faster--I think I may be crazy! :laugh:
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    debnu1 - I can't blame you for the food binge before the start of a BL challenge. I'd probably do the same. But we both know that it doesn't help in the long run. Plus, like you mentioned, you feel better when you eat healthier. Regardless, I hope the weigh in goes smoothly and I will be glad to have you back on the health bandwagon.

smadag1 - wow, that rash sure doesn't sound good. Glad you've been to the doctors to have it checked out. Take care of yourself.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    debnu-sounds like you are playing the game like a pro-I would do the same thing...just don't overdo and then get discouraged.

smadag-get better my itchy friend!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Playing the game this early on, isn't that what gets you kicked off??:tongue: I can't believe how much I want healthy food right now, I think I really need to stock up on it and no more sweets. Well a little dark chocolate on occasion...:bigsmile:

I have been trying to get back into the exercising. I may have to do the C25k again--I walked at 4 mph for 5 min today and felt as though I ran a marathon! I didn't think my body would decompensate so quickly. Time to work my cardiovascular fitness back up again.

I am going to work really hard on not getting discouraged. My mental hangups are what I am going to really work on too!