This will take more than a week...

Options
13»

Replies

• saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Your story falls right in with my 7 year plan (includes more than weight loss, but that's paramount right now. I have lost my 1st ten percent of weight, and am pushing to lose the second 10% by NY. But that's because I have diabetes, and if I can what I have already lost has reduced my meds. The idea is to get rid of them if possible.

I expect to slow down after NY, but I am hoping to keep up my 2-3 lb/wk until then to reach my goal.
  • midnight333
    Options
    I'm saving to read for inspiration, I'm about 6 months also with 21 lbs down. Thank you so much for sharing you're doing great! Edit - I also started at 209 lbs too, but that was my all time high about 2 years ago.
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. So far I've been a slow loser and I know I shouldn't compare, but I have a hard time staying motivated when other people are losing lots and my scale is barely moving. You are so right though. I just need to hang in there and be proud of every pound I get rid of. :)
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you so much to everyone who has read and commented on this. Seriously, you guys almost made me cry!

Keep at it. Just keep at it.

:flowerforyou:
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic thread. When I decided to change my lifestyle (because this is not a diet for me, this is a way of life), I told myself that I didn't care how long it took. I have the rest of my life to be healthy and that is all I care about.

For me, looking cute in a pair of jeans is not my goal... it's just a happy side effect. :laugh:
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    So True.... I have been on this Journey for 39 months now and have lost some weight but I am far from done... That is why this is my Lifestyle and I will continue on my journey.... Best of Luck to you all....

You've lost some weight. And Bill Gates has some money. You sir, are da boss, and you know how to do it right!
  • 192orbust
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Gives everyone hope that all the hard work is paying off as long as we don't give up.
  • linnyc1981
    linnyc1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thankyou, just what i needed today!
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    One of the better posts I've read here for a while.

Of course we'd all like to be at our ideal weight/figure sooner rather than later but doesn't mean it's going to happen that way. I think a longer journey often helps anyway as it helps reprogram your relationship with food. The longer the process, the less likely you'll go back to old habits.

I hate seeing the old "I need to lose 15lbs in 2 months" lines. The only situation I think that warrants setting those kind of goals is if the weight loss is needed to have surgery.
  • thistledome86
    Options
    Thanks for this. Only just started on good diet and exercise a week ago, and have put a pound on instead of losing, so I need the inspiration. Think I'm going to blame increased muscle weight, because I've managed to lose an inch off my waist. Something must be right :)
  • thejeweller
    thejeweller Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :heart:this, and I love you:heart:
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love: :smokin: