Mean Girls @ the Gym

Options

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    become friends with them, then infiltrate the leader and expose her weaknesses to other friends, and then become the leader of the Plastics afterwards....that would be SOOO FETCH!!! \m/
  • nursiepoo3
    nursiepoo3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I admire you so for getting in there and doing boot camp. Sometimes I have been surprised when I simply go up to the group and introduce myself and strike up a conversation. You smiling at them and talking to them changes the group dynamics and often the perceived conflict simply resolves itself. I find I often learn something interesting about the person, why they are there, etc.
    I hope you have a wonderful day.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    It's probably all in your head. They have never said anything mean to you, they have laughed and "kind" of ignored your questions. You can't even be sure they were laughing at you.

This is a the problem with women. I honestly doubt they are all over there, singling you out, and making fun of you. They are probably just laughing and having a good time together.

Or, she could be right and they could be cliquey, snotty-*kitten* overgrown cheerleader types. Maybe it's all in THEIR head...why do some people always say that the one being singled out is the one with the problem? :grumble:

How did they single her out? All they did is laugh, and she doesn't even know at what.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    become friends with them, then infiltrate the leader and expose her weaknesses to other friends, and then become the leader of the Plastics afterwards....that would be SOOO FETCH!!! \m/

or this.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    It's probably all in your head. They have never said anything mean to you, they have laughed and "kind" of ignored your questions. You can't even be sure they were laughing at you.

This is a the problem with women. I honestly doubt they are all over there, singling you out, and making fun of you. They are probably just laughing and having a good time together.

I don't know, women can be Bit-ches. Have you ever met a female? I'd say 8 out of 10 got catty bit-chy she devilness in them. Esp towards other women. There is always at least one type of girl that irritates you. Or some girls are mean to others for the simple fact, as previously mentioned, they never matured completely. Still stuck in HS.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    What she said!!! :sad: people can act this way as an adult.
    You do nothing but feel sorry for them because they're obviously not past a high school-level mentality.
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    There's girls like that at my gym too... and I guarantee you that you are not the only one who notices how immature they are!
    I always say, it's better you're at the gym no matter what size or age you are instead of sitting on the couch.
    It's unfortunate that they feel they need to make fun of others at the gym.

Keep going to the boot camps, just try to avoid them and focus on your own workout.... :)
  • gwenette
    Options
    Don't pay attention to them and ask the instructor. Become close with the instructor and bring some of your own friends to the bootcamp!

Thats what id do! Take some of your friends with you.. O what would be better !!!! take someone who could really outshine the mean girls and let her walk by and be like "well, youll get better in time' LOL thatd be too fun.....
  • Wende3
    Wende3 Posts: 41
    Options
    I would say use them as motivation! Get angry and work out even harder! People suck!
  • delta90017
    Options
    Take your pants down, turn away from them, bend over and TURN THE OTHER CHEEK.

If that doesn't work, kick their *kitten*.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    I don't know, women can be Bit-ches. Have you ever met a female? I'd say 8 out of 10 got catty bit-chy she devilness in them. Esp towards other women. There is always at least one type of girl that irritates you. Or some girls are mean to others for the simple fact, as previously mentioned, they never matured completely. Still stuck in HS.

What a great attitude to have.
    8 out of 10 are b!tches? Women like you are the reason why I said it's probably all in the OP's head. Rather than assume they were laughing at a joke (as I would assume), she assumed they were laughing at her. Just because SHE thinks they are better than her, doesn't mean they think it.
  • mich3ll30
    Options
    So i go by this saying, "First thought wrong". My first thought: Confront the girls and tell them ****. My second thought: use their looks and giggles as motivation. For me, the emotion that fuels my work out even more is going to be anger. The best way for me to release it is to take every single piece of anger that I feel and apply it to my workout. It makes me work harder, push through the pain, and get my mind off what I am angry about.

I know that just ignoring someone is a lot harder than it seems. If you are like me, outspoken, you are most definitely struggling to not say anything... which is why i said confront them, lol... but kill them with kindness when you do. I have learned from work that the easiest way for me to make someone shut up is to be nice. (:

I wish you the best of luck and I know that my reply may not be helpful, but I think ALL gyms need to be judgement free zones. I love going to my gym and not being bothered.

Just remember, you are there for you and for no one else. You do what you need to to make sure that you are comfortable. and please please please don't leave the gym and go anywhere else because who is to say that the next gym won't have a mean girl like that! (:
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    I don't usually say this sort of thing............................. I will smack those smiles off their faces if you like? ...no?...........Seriously tho i can't stand women that are like that its very immature and sounds to me that they lack self-esteem. Plus i guarantee when they are on their own they will be quiet as a mouse.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    You're not there to socialize, are you? Who gives a crap what they do? Why are you even trying to talk to them?

And yes, it's hard to ignore them. That doesn't mean you shouldn't. If you say something to them, they'll gang up on you, mock you even more, and make life worse for you. You won't feel better for it.

If I was being bullied like that at a gym I'd take my business elsewhere

Lobster, I'm sure she's not "there to socialize" , but she doesn't deserve to be treated like that a GYM. I believe she said she was trying NOT to say something to them. That they were one strike away from her saying something not so nice. I think she should put those "adults" in their place. If I was the owner of the gym, I would NOT stand for that. That would be grounds for termination in membership.

On a side note, we DO socialize at our gym. We work out together, and cheer each other on. Most of us aren't athletic triathletes who really have no desire to be in the gym except to train for their next event.

Bullying should not be tolerated by anyone at any age.
  • wrevhn
    Options

8 out of 10 are b!tches? Women like you are the reason why I said it's probably all in the OP's head. Rather than assume they were laughing at a joke (as I would assume), she assumed they were laughing at her. Just because SHE thinks they are better than her, doesn't mean they think it.

wow you sure proved me wrong. That response was not the least bit bit-chy at all.

either way around it dear (op), i say either the kill them with kindness was the best advice.

and agree with AnnaMC above ^^^
  • Dub_D
    Options

wow you sure proved me wrong. That response was not the least bit bit-chy at all.

either way around it dear (op), i say either the kill them with kindness was the best advice.

and agree with AnnaMC above ^^^

No it was not, you're just assuming it was, as you couldn't hear my tone. Asking the condescending question "Have you ever met a female" could probably be taken as being b!tchy (without hearing your tone).
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Actually I want to change my response. Just murder them.

Bahahaha! I would want to, as well, but I bet prison is full of mean girls, so best save murdering for people it's worth doing 20 to life for.
  • Mrsjay27
    Options
    I would see about having a one on one training session....high school days are over, you don't have to put up with this treatment as you may have to in school..if you find you start working out less I'd look into something else...exercise should be a positive, non high school experience...
  • wrevhn
    Options
    I would see about having a one on one training session....high school days are over, you don't have to put up with this treatment as you may have to in school..if you find you start working out less I'd look into something else...exercise should be a positive, non high school experience...

i agree that you should not let this affect your working out. it should be a positive thing.
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    Let me make this very clear..I wouldnt have posted this if I thought it was in my head. There are 6 girls in this boot camp and I'm the 6th person. When I come in the room they giggle and roll their eyes. So I know for sure its directed at me, so believe me when I say its not in my head. I know bullsh!t when I see it. At first I thought it was because they make it very clear they have a crush or something on the trainer and he was now helping me...but that doesnt matter. These "women" are in their 30's and there is NO reason to be mean and rude.