Craziest thing you ever ate.

Options

Replies

• Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Reading this post I realized it is weird, but oddly enough, never thought so before now...

Dog Food. Never wet, but all different kinds of dry. I like to taste what I'm giving my dogs. To be honest, I liked the Carob Chip Cookies and would probably steal some from them in a pinch. LMFAO

Such a fatass answer. I love myself :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    At a super bowel party one year I ate bbq goat, deer and bear amongst some other weird things. They actually did not taste bad. I tried them because my uncles dared me. I have also had fried pickles at a fair. Which is good for me because I am not a pickle fan.

Deer is nice, very low in fat, high in protein, better than beef
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm too grossed out by things so different. I'd love to but I know I won't get it past my lips without throwing it back. Sorry, I'm such a party pooper. Grossed out thing I ate was steak, hate the texture of steak. I can't imagine eating head cheese or snails or, yuck...my stomach is turning now...Love to try a fried twinkie though.
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    Goat brains... I was in India, it seemed like a good thing to do.
  • MangoAndCat
    Options
    Frog + seaweed soup

Boiled pupa of some insect

30450485.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Mussels. I'm terribly unadventurous.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Haggis
    Balut (sooooo nasty, sorry Filippinos!)
    Snake
    Cow heart
    Brain butter
    Calf tongue
    Oxblood soup
    Foie gras (gag)
    Rocky Mountain Oysters

When I was younger and, shall we say, incapacitated, for a dare, I took the bar mat shot-you know, whatever liquid the bartenders spilled in the mat was poured in to a shot glass and I drank it. For $20.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Mussels. I'm terribly unadventurous.

lol

I lvoe them
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Armadillo. Used to eat it often. Got it at a kitchen in the back of a Mexican market in Birmingham, AL. Had it at least a couple dozen times. Don't ever do this. Armadillo can carry leprosy, and there is NO safe source to get armadillo for consumption. It tasted great, and I will never eat it again. The only armadillo farm in the US is in Teas, and it is not for food.
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Cuban blood sausage. Had a hard time getting past the coagulated consistency! Not one I will try again.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it, but my little brother loves to eat Mustard on his Vanilla Ice Cream *GAG*.

I am utterly boring when it comes to trying things, but the weirdest for ME was eel, YUCK! NEVER EVER AGAIN.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Haggis
    Balut (sooooo nasty, sorry Filippinos!)
    Snake
    Cow heart
    Brain butter
    Calf tongue
    Oxblood soup
    Foie gras (gag)
    Rocky Mountain Oysters

This....never again...very traumatic experience

When I was younger and, shall we say, incapacitated, for a dare, I took the bar mat shot-you know, whatever liquid the bartenders spilled in the mat was poured in to a shot glass and I drank it. For $20.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Some people think alligator and crawfish are crazy… two of my favorite foods to make meals out of!
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Onion Ring... or so I thought was at Jimmy Chungs..

Turned out to be a deep fried Octopus ring in batter.

I am not ashamed to say I spat it back out everywhere...

Oh and people will think Haggis is strange, but I love haggis!
    Amazing... haha!
  • mike4him
    Options
    Varmint Stew at a Wild Game Dinner at my church..Don't ask what they may have thrown in that stew..I don't eat much meat anymore...
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Shark Fin soup ... in Taiwan. It was really good till I ask my husband what was floating in the main soup bowl I had taken my cup from....I thought "Shark Fin Soup" was just the name .... LOL....
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add Elk and Wild Boar to my list.
  • LotsOtots5
    Options
    Peanutbutter flavored toasted squid- on a stick. The only "weird" thing I ate when we lived in s. Korea
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    shark jerky. and octopus. thats about the craziest i get. lol
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Tuna Tar Tar... which is basically raw Tuna... It doesn't sound that adventurous, but it was for me :p