Craziest thing you ever ate.

Options

Replies

• tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    various bugs at the end of my entomology class. I'm not a bug person, but it really was a fun class! The only eek moment came when the spider skin was passed around. I was taking notes when it landed on my paper and jumped a mile and eep'd. I was in the 2nd row and the professor laughed(nicely).

squid & octopus, roe and various sushi/sashimi. yummy! i love sushi!

I'm not a big fan of the state fair, so I haven't tried the krispy kreme burgers or the fried kool-aid or various fried concoctions.

I'm sure that I will think of more crazy foods later.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I think her name was Li...and she was in Hong Kong.

Food wise...you name it...is been tried.

some did not stay down.....

Calf Brain is decidedly good...
  • tsmith8
    tsmith8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    At an authentic Chinese restaurant, had chicken foot soup! yucko
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I do not think any of this falls under "crazy" foods, but elk, deer, moose, rabbit, quail, calamari, octopus, wasabi leaves etc. Saw similar things listed… I think these would be at least semi-normal...
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was pressured into eating a PEANUT WORM by some guests that invited us to eat with them after a gig in Busan, S. Korea. If you have never seen one of the nasty things, they're horribly awful looking penile type creatures that float around the live tanks in some restaurants there. I would be horrified every time I saw one and realized AFTER I ate some that that's what it was. I don't think it had many calories, though. EW!
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My fam loves to hunt! And there was a rule that my Mom made thinking that it would stop us from shooting things.. "If you kill it you eat it." As a result I've eaten many different types of wild animals, which doesn't seem weird to me at all but some of y'all might find them odd...

Duck
    Goose
    Pheasant
    Raccoon
    Squirrel
    Deer
    Frogs
    crayfish
    Many, many types of Fish

Now Venison (deer meat) is a large part of our diet. While it can be a bit gamey it is very lean meat and only costs a bit of time and a hunting tag to get each year. Huge money safer!
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    used to watch my Mom eel fishing when I was a kid, that was gross in itself !
    Those slimy things hanging from the cord. Then my Mom trying to wrestle them off with her eel rag, OMG! YUCK!!!!
  • Danayle
    Danayle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tried cat food, glue, and grass (not of the THC variety) as a kid. Also tried a peanut butter and banana sandwich and a peanut butter and pickle sandwich. Dipped a sugar wafer in salsa once. Have had a peanut butter hamburger, and tried a dog biscuit, and have also had a bacon maple bar. I tried duck once. None of this is too weird, really. I'm too squeamish to try other things.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Questionable buffet sushi

ETA: I live on the edge
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Pick one

Turtle
    Musang (wild cat)
    Deep-fried garlic locust
    Iguana
    Wild mountain goat
    Frogs legs
    Sheeps eyeballs
    and the worst was Faseekh .. Egyptian fish dish that defied the words rank and vile.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Rocky Mountain Oysters (Calf Fries)...won't be doing that again anytime soon...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    9 live goldfish
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Escargot.
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hippo, crocodile, impala, zebra, giraffe, lots of interesting game meet - comes from living in kenya for 7 years. The best by far was Impala with redcurrent jus (loved that meal!!!)
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni pizza covered in Ben & Jerrys Caramel Choo Choo

I was pregnant....
  • datderboy216
    datderboy216 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JELLYFISH. DONT EXPAND YOU HORIZON, DONT BE OPEN, DONT TRY NEW THINGS. DO NOT EVER EAT JELLYFISH
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Camel steak in Saudi Arabia.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I want to try the donut burger, but I need someone to go halfsies with me 'cause I don't think I can finish the whole thing by myself. :<
  • asdaysfade
    Options
    Frogs legs at a Chinese Restaurant, didn't taste bad but the texture was awful. And a Tuna salad sandwich with chocolate in it. Don't know why I put chocolate in it but almost made me throw up it was so bad.
  • Ellie3990
    Ellie3990 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Unaware, cereal with indian meal moth pupae :sick: yuck yuck yuck, have no idea how they've infiltrated my plastic cereal containers . Thrown away all the cereals now. Sticking to toast at the moment. Seems to have hindered the weight loss this week! Little buggers!