Replies

• ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Cow stomach
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I had a marzipan croissant, and it was so gross.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Smoked mackerel and custard! ................... I was pregnant :happy:
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Balut-which is not that crazy seeing as how im filipino

So i guess it would have to be a dog biscuit lol or a cricket or also kangaroo. That would be the extent of it.
  • Vinyarddog
    Options
    cheeseburger with cheesecake and habaneros
  • ajro0610
    ajro0610 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My son made me a sandwich on Mother's Day when he was 5 (he's almost 21 now). He toasted the bread, spread raspberry jam on one side, tuna on the other, and in the middle he placed leftover pasta bake from the night before. It was laid out on the prettiest piece of fabric he could find, with flowers all around it, and the proud and excited expression on his face as he watched me eat every mouthful was too priceless to ruin by gagging.

I have kept the recipe to give to his kids for Fathers Day sometime in the future.

Wil

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you're keeping the recipe to pass on to his kids...lmao
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My step dad is a big hunter and I used to be as well when I was younger and before open season opened on chasing two-legged ear, with much better racks :glasses: Anyhow, he made a stew one night and told me it was rabbit, but after I was done eating it, he informed me it was a racoon. It tasted good though....so I had some more.
  • Gator tail and deer meat
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    A fish Taco
  • MagicandCastles
    Options
    A white sausage bbq'ed in the rain outside a tent in Germany, no idea what the meat was! Before I went veggie obv.
  • ajro0610
    ajro0610 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No lie:

Warm cow's blood, from a living cow.

Note: No cows were harmed during the process. Also, this was not part of an evil worshiping festival....just a cultural immersion project...lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I ate a dog biscuit one a dare when I was a kid.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Malort. If you know what it is, you know what I mean. If you've never had it, I double dog dare you.

Maple glazed donut with two full strips of bacon on top. I discovered that I like my bacon plain, not on a donut.

Alligator.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    WHen I was 15 we had a Japanese exchange student. She stayed with us for a year. The year after she went home, I went and spent the summer with her and her family. I tried pretty much everything while I was there and it was all pretty good, except for the Rotary Club dinner in my honor. I was seated at one of those little tables that you sit on the floor and it fits over your knees. At the front of a big room with all the important people. There were tables all the way down both sides of the room as well, about 60 people all together. And they were all watching me. Since the dinner was in my honor and it would have been rude not to eat it. But it was a lot of weird stuff. Little shrimpy things with the antenae and eyes still on, quite a bit of sushi, of which I am not a fan, little fried fishie things with the eyes still in..just stuff I really didn't want to eat. I cut them in to small bites about the size of an aspirin, put them one at a time on my tongue and washed them down with Kirin lemon cider without chewing. I ate NINE courses and never chewed once. Took me a good day to recover.

Same trip, her dad speared a squid while we were swimming in the ocean. He cut off the tenticles and gave me one. It stuck to my finger...the little suction cup things still worked..I had to gnaw it off my finger. It was kind of rubbery like chewing gum. I chewed on it for a long time while I was swimming around.

And we raised ostrich and I ate it all the time. I don't think its weird, but others might.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Haggis
    Balut (sooooo nasty, sorry Filippinos!)
    Snake
    Cow heart
    Brain butter
    Calf tongue
    Oxblood soup
    Foie gras (gag)
    Rocky Mountain Oysters

When I was younger and, shall we say, incapacitated, for a dare, I took the bar mat shot-you know, whatever liquid the bartenders spilled in the mat was poured in to a shot glass and I drank it. For $20.
    Balut is an abomination. D: There's another filipino dish that I CANNOT do. My mom lovingly calls it "Chocolate beef" and it's brown due to the blood in the sauce. Another abomination to the tongue that I can't undo. BLARGHH.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Reading this post I realized it is weird, but oddly enough, never thought so before now...

Dog Food. Never wet, but all different kinds of dry. I like to taste what I'm giving my dogs. To be honest, I liked the Carob Chip Cookies and would probably steal some from them in a pinch. LMFAO

Such a fatass answer. I love myself :)

Why am I not surprised in the least, you crazy *kitten* loon!
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Deep Fried Grasshopper (dipped in chocolate)
    Grilled Bat
    Turtle
    Snake
    Dog Biscuits (I was curious)
    Frogs Legs (My absolute favourite)
    Snails
    Snakes Blood and Venom mixed with Brandy (only for the insane among us)
    Whale Meat
    Shark
    Live Baby Eels (yuck)

The list is long lol

And during one 2 week survival exercise in the Jungles of Belize with the Army, just about everything I could find that crawled, wriggled, swam or looked even vaguely edible :drinker:
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've had a few interesting things in my day, and most of it was awesome.

Ostrich
    Alligator
    Rattlesnake
    Snail
    Squid on a pizza
    And when I was a kid I used to dip mac&cheese in ketchup (don't ask)
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Whale, when I lived in Norway. Haggis.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ostrich burger and fried alligator tail which were both YUMMY.

As a kid: dried cat food, yogurt bites for my puppy, and sand. Plus a cricket inside of a lollipop... Oh and let's not forget butter straight from the tub with a huge spoon, or little pats of butter at restaurants.