Cheat Day: A Necessity or a Setback? Your thoughts?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• btruppert
    btruppert Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think that I agree with those who say it is alright to have a cheat day occasionally as long as it doesn't exceed the BMR for your goal weight. That way even when cheating you are still moving toward your goal.
  • btruppert
    btruppert Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think that I agree with those who say it is alright to have a cheat day occasionally as long as it doesn't exceed the BMR for your goal weight. That way even when cheating you are still moving toward your goal.
  • ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I dont have cheat days, I try to work it in my calorie count,
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't need a "cheat day" because I eat what I want but make sure I build it into my calorie plan. If I do happen to go over one day I will eat less/exercise more the next so that it balances out weekly.
  • six1908
    six1908 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    How do you figure out TDEE?
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    it's necessary to do this occasionally to help keep you on target...I don't set a special day...I just do it when I feel the urge
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    How do you figure out TDEE?

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I dunno why but this forum makes me soo happy :) maybe because i'm realizing that lifestyle is the way to go...
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    For me: As long as it is not often, it is necessary...but everyone's bodies are different :)
  • Ktracy88
    Options
    Personally, I think that if it's a holiday like thanksgiving it's okay to have a small cheat meal to keep the peace in your family (at least in my case where my family who I love but they are a bunch of skinny ectomorphs who don't exercise, eat horrible and don't understand why I'm not like that) but on a regular basis weekly basis, I think it's kind of a recipe for disaster, though some people may disagree, and if it works for them, they more power to them :-).

I'm not a nutritionist, but what worked for me is replacing the crap I used to eat (Reese's bars, pizza, kit Kats, etc) for healthy stuff I love such as strawberries, grilled salmon, chioboni Greek yogurt, natural peanut butter, etc. and I never feel deprived, even when my fiancée eats his cheat meals. I now dread the days that I have to eat lasagna and apple pie because it makes me bloated and tired the next day. It's not about willpower, just perspective.

Good luck !!!