My "shocking" story

Options
124»

Replies

• rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Loved the post! Very funny and great to hear your jeans success story. I think Sir Mix Alot may tell you to stop at the size 14 but you keep going until you hit your goal! Best of luck to you on getting into that next size!:bigsmile:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Congrats!! :)
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have never posted a success story, because i am FAR from finished, and i dont feel like i am "successful" yet, because I still have a long way to go... but, this is my "shocking" story. lol

I hate clothing. always have. Im a country gal. I own one pair of jeans. (yep, one) and some sleep/lounge pants, a pair of cotton shorts and about 8ish t-shirts... one hoodie and NO button up or "dressier" shirts at all. I dont even own a coat. I own one pair of boots for when it snows, one pair of black tennis shoes for winter, and one pair of white tennis shoes for summer. I bought my very first pair of flip flops this year, but have only worn them twice.

Im far from a girly girl. I dont wear makeup, and my idea of having my hair done is a ball cap and braids... :laugh:

Anyhoo.. back to that one pair of jeans... Its the same size 20, tight jeans for 8 years now. I started here on MFP on June 28th of this year. I noticed lately ive had to pull them up more and more when i go out. they tend to hang on my hips. Hubby finally told me i HAD to buy another pair of jeans... *sigh* okay... :indifferent:

I took some target gift cards i had aquired using swagbucks (did i menton part of the reason i dont like clothes is because im cheap? lol.. for myself. I will spend tons on others, but hate to spend on myself) so i took my gift cards and went to target. (the price of jeans has doubled in the past 8 years.. geeze!!!) so i grabbed a size 18 off the shelf, hoping i could squeeze into them and be comfortable... :ohwell:

hmm... a little loose. Well, as comfortable as they are, im not done losing weight, should i dare try a 16???

WOW~! a PERFECT FIT! Im on cloud 9!!!

Excited to tell hubby, he said to me.. "Why not try a 14? i mean, those fit right, but in 2 weeks, will they be too loose?"

a 14? loose? on ME? Is that possble? :bigsmile:

Well heck., why not? Lets try them on for shiz & giggles...

OH MY GOD, BECKY, LOOK AT MY BUTT!! :noway:

THEY FIT! A little snug, maybe a little more snug than i prefer, but they fit. buttoned up, zipped and not at all uncomfortable! and in a few weeks, they will be the PERFECT FIT!!!!!!!

new goal? 30 DAYS.. A SNUG SIZE 12.

Go me. *does the cabbage patch.. because, thats still cool, right? *shrugs*

:drinker:

hahah how cute are you!?!? right on!!! wow a size 20 to a 14 is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE NSV !!!!! right on.. I love it.. i myself was a TIGHT 18 when i started mfp in july.. now I also bought a pair of 'looser fit' 14! but they fit! was excited!!!... ps: ROSS is the best place for Jeans...$10 or $12 bucks.. but you did have gift cards to target so thats good.. hehehe =)
    pps:not one hoodie??!?!?!?!? man i own like 15.. LOL. so you just freeze when its cold huh? lol
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    fabulous! rock those new jeans....
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Loved your story. Made my day and made me smile. You go girl!
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! What a great NSV!! See what you've accomplished but didn't even realize??
  • theamia112
    Options
    Wow!! thats something to write about! i remember those days! Absolutely positively on the right track. Do tell what you did to gshake off the lbs???? I'm ready!!!
  • rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!
  • Mrgruntysmom
    Options
    Way to go!!! How exciting. :bigsmile:
  • Sarahwillow
    Sarahwillow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    From one country girl to another YOU are awesome!!!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That story impresses the heck out of me and not just because you lost the weight, which is awesome in and of itself. You have a great attitude!
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    Great story and well written. You're funny and entertaining. Thanks for sharing and keep on dancing.
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    Great story and well written. You're funny and entertaining. Thanks for sharing and keep on dancing.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Yall are so great!! So it was asked what ive done! Well, My preference (you dont have to do this, and i didnt do this every day) but i like protein shakes for the nutrition. The reason i like them is because i typically wouldnt eat breakfast or lunch. Now, that my medication is leveled out (i have several health problems.. stroked, blood clots to the brain, fibromyalgia, COPD, anxiety.. blah blah..) i do eat breakfast and lunch, but its not at breakfast or lunch "time" lol

But anyway, when i DONT do the shakes.. this is my basic day: (im not going to include any "times" because that dont matter..

When i wake up, i take my meds and pee, make breakfast. this consist of one apple, 4-5 strawberries and half a pound (8 ounces) of mixed fruit. Honeydew, cantelope, grapes, pineapple. Now, i like fruit. I dont care if its 8 ounces of watermelon... fruit is good for you! thats just the types i prefer..

after that, i do my normal stuff.. facebook, MFP, log my food & recipe for my families supper (which reminds me to lay out whatever needs to thaw.. lol) then i go clean the house, ect. i always put in my ipod or turn up the tunes & try to shake it a little here, and shake it a little there... just to move a little. I DO NOT log anything unless i INTEND TO RAISE MY HEART RATE or, i do something extra, like for instance.. if my bathroom floor is super grimey.. and i clean it n my hands and knees.. then i log 10 minutes of cleaning, vig. effort.. but that is the ONLY time i log cleaning. I also do not log food prep. I mean come on, will you log your sleeping calories too? *eyeroll*

after cleaning, i usually fix myself a "treat drink" this is something other than water (which i havent mentioned... i keep a gallon jug in the frig, and i drink it all day. i drink on average one gallon per day. this is good by some, bad by others. drink at least HALF of it. if you dont feel like drinking more, dont, but you must drink at least half. that is 8 glasses. i measure 8 glasses into a gallon and mark it with a sharpie. i know once ive drank that, im good... if i want more, GREAT! i consider that a NSV. when i first started, and i drank more than the halg gallon.. for every 2 glasses over that i drank (which is one full red solo cup) i got to eat one M&M out of the jar. LMAO. honest truth!

Okay, so back to my treat drink... its a zero calorie flavored water. some treat. LOL, but thats what i call it. Its flavor & anything wwith flavor is a plus! Its all how you think of it!! So, i have that, check on facebook & make sure them people aint gone mad yet...

Then, I run. Thats what i cal it and you cant change my mind!! I use Mr. Elliptical. (Cover your ears, children....)

Oh Mr. Elliptical.. We meeet again. I walk over to you, and my heart skips a bear. it seems as its ben forever since ive been with you. My lungs get heavy just thinking of you. Why do you make me feel this way. Its like the minute i see you, i want to banish you from my life, but oh, when im with you.. you take all my cares away... and the way you make me feel.. oh.. the way you make me feel... strong, fierce, wild.. free.... empowered.

I place one leg over you and my foot slides into your special spot. firmly i press. and we start to move... a little clumsy at first, but in no time we are in a rymthic movement together, like we have been one for years... my hands grip you. tightly, then a little looser, they start to sweat. I start to sweat. my breathing turns into a slow pant.

the music fills my head, the words, they speak to me, make me push harder, faster and soon the sweat drips off of me, onto you, as i see the wetness from my body run down your hard, thick rod i throw my head up and moan.. panting, wanting release from you but i know i can go longer than you. I WILL NEVERGIVE UP. I want this MORE than ever before!!!

Silence......... our time has passed. My legs tremble. My arms weak, sweat pours off of me and I cant help but smile as i wipe you down... I conquored you. :blushing:

Okay, so that was my first hard core 20 minute workout... do you need a minute to get a drink? I sure do!!! lol

So, I so that 4 times a day. I run as hard and as fast as i can for 20 minutes. If i get tired, i slow down for a few.. then i get back at it hard. 4 times a day works for me, and TYPICALLY i do 20, but i started at 5 minutes. work up to what you can. When i FIRST started, i went for endurance.. and made it to an hour.. but geeze.. how boring!! I switched it up and picked a few songs that REALLY get me pumped. After that, i find myself kind of nodding off. lol.. ADHD much?

So inbetween the runs, i do things like squats (every day, i do 15 squats, 3 sets) and i do toe lifts and heel lifts (same.. 15 times each, 3 reps) and i do this thing where i put a 2 liter bottle (full) behind my head and lift it up (again, 3 sets of 15) and i do some crunches (well kinda.. these are difficult to explain, because of a broken neck.. they are only "kinda" crunches.. but whatever.. lol) and basically, thats it. I eat whatever else i want, using portion control!

I believe in living 100%. I wanna do exactly what ive done before. I dont wanna alter my life in a way that im NOT going to keep up with the rest of my life.. whats the point? if im not going to do it, ill just gain the weight back!

Oh, and on saturdays.. i drink beer, and LOTS of it! I love me some Bud Light. :drinker: LOL! Saturdays are my cheat day. I drink beer, eat whatever, whenever and how much of it. My rest days are Saturday (but i usually end up doing something, i just dont run) and some other day of the week... most of the time, Sunday if my hangover is bad enough. :laugh:

So thats basically it! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!