Fake Towing Shows... Why?

Options

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Aw come on now.. I love these shows.

Why? Because it's trashy "reality" TV and they provide comic relief to my other wise boring day.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    You seem to be surprised.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options

Why? Because it's trashy "reality" TV and they provide comic relief to my other wise boring day.
    I think what bothers me about these shows the most is the marketing... they're marketed as "reality" shows. They're not. I know this because of the legal disclaimer that run at the beginning of each show that states the scenes are "reenactments."

I'm not sure why this even bothers me... but it does.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, I was starting to think I had lost my mind. Makes me wanna toss my TV out the window sometimes. Of course, then I'll miss all the cool shows on my DVR so I'm glad that I control my distress.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I can hear one of those fake crap shows behind me. Got to love my hillbilly hubby!!

(BTW, he's not Honey-Boo-Boo hillbilly, just stupid-humor hillbilly ... I also must clarify, that I have watched maybe 10 minutes of that Honey crap before I felt my brain turning to mush)
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I can hear one of those fake crap shows behind me. Got to love my hillbilly hubby!!

(BTW, he's not Honey-Boo-Boo hillbilly, just stupid-humor hillbilly ... I also must clarify, that I have watched maybe 10 minutes of that Honey crap before I felt my brain turning to mush)
    Don't get me started on Honey-Boo-Boo. I WISH that show was fake. Those are the worst human beings on the planet.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

I think what bothers me about these shows the most is the marketing... they're marketed as "reality" shows. They're not. I know this because of the legal disclaimer that run at the beginning of each show that states the scenes are "reenactments."

and least it is cheap reenacted crap. What about movies?

They say some movies are "based on true events."
    They'll be like "here's a movie about a guy named Frank who is an undercover cop and he bombs orphonages while wearing a chicken suit" and the only connection is that there was a guy who lived once and his name was Frank. Basically 0.001% of the story matches a real event that occurred somewhere sometime.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

So it's a reenactment about a reality event then..

Bother you less now?
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow...I had no idea these shows existed. I cut off my TV when I had my daughter, and now I'll watch the occasional show online, but I've completely lost track of what's playing these days. Well, we can't say we weren't warned before/during the writers' strike a few years ago...
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    im not into the towing shows.

but,seriously.
    i like the storage wars show..
    and the cajun pawn show.
    but thats the only types of shows on the history channel i like ...
    besides swamp people and cajun justice.

but,cajun justice is my favorite &&
    my uncle shrimps down there so! there's an actual chance of me meeting those people! yay!
  • RitaMarie88
    RitaMarie88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    idk about u guys...but i LOVE repo games lol
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    there may be some trash on tv now but television is far and away better now then it has ever been. shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men...so much awesome tv.
  • RitaMarie88
    Options

so true! its entertaining. that's what tv is for. if you want something educational or something that doesn't turn your brain to mush...read a book :)
  • RitaMarie88
    Options

so true! its entertaining. that's what tv is for. if you want something educational or something that doesn't turn your brain to mush...read a book :)
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I don't get it! I watched one of them once because I have friends who capital L.O.V.E. those shows. Jerry Springer meets tow truck drama? Ehhh. Makes me kind of rethink my tow-truck show loving companions. :huh:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Quite simply, stupid sells.
    This makes me sad.

Someone started packaging and selling air guitar strings. :ohwell:
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i've only watched long enough to notice the bad ***** with the sharpie brows drawn on like commas.

Hahahahahaha!!! Oh, I'm rolling! That's good! oh, my sides hurt!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Brain junk food. These shows also make people feel better about their own lives. It makes me terribly depressed.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I have so far been able to avoid even a commercial with the tivo and boxee box as far as honey boo boo goes. YAY!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The dumbing down of America.