Fake Towing Shows... Why?

Replies

• knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Ok. Don't bash me, but my children and I watch Lizard Lick and have met them and been to their shop. They really are nice and funny in person. They are somewhat local to us ( 1 hr away). Just like American Idol. Scotty is from my state and we supported him by voting. (he had my vote anyways). But for the other repo shows, OMG enough is enough! There's only so many repo shows you can watch with getting sick of them.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    idk about u guys...but i LOVE repo games lol

^This. Along with Parking Wars lol
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Tv is dumb. A complete waste and I'm not even sure why I'm still paying for it. The pawn store show that's on e or whatever - shoot me. It's so rediculus that people would behave that way. And don't even get me started on all the housewives of whatever shows. Fake crazy money hungry biatches.
  • dalana84
    dalana84 Posts: 75 Member
    At this rate my life could pass for reality tv ............... What gets me is that all the people that watch these shows are the reason the honey boo boos or whatever are going to be millionaires by 2013.:indifferent:

That's why I stick with reading
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    At this rate my life could pass for reality tv ............... What gets me is that all the people that watch these shows are the reason the honey boo boos or whatever are going to be millionaires by 2013.:indifferent:

That's why I stick with reading
    Yeah, but I can't read though.
  • dalana84
    dalana84 Posts: 75 Member
    They make picture books :happy:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    They should stop calling that channel TruTV.

Worst channel ever!
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    I watch Pawn Stars, I admit that, but mostly because it doesn't have any drama in it. It's just a bunch a dudes haggling over some old stuff. What I really like about it is that it gives history on some of the stuff (though sometimes they're wrong) and a lot of people bring in old guns. I LOVE old guns. And WWII era things. The only thing that bothers me about that show, is that this Chumlee person is obviously not as stupid as the producers for some reason make him out to be on the show. Hardcore Pawn, you hardly ever see anything actually getting bought or sold. It's just people yelling and hitting each other. As far as the towing shows go...I don't get it. I saw one episode with the really ugly woman on it, (think Hatchetface from Crybaby) that my sister had on. It was not long after that Twilight crap got big, and they were towing some guy's silver volvo and the guy came out and tried to bite her neck. Really?! And people believe that ****. Ridiculous.

Not that there's anything wrong with watching mindless television. Sometimes I watch Toddler's and Tiaras and sit there on my couch judging all the parents. Yepp. And Dance Moms too. Just something to take my mind off the day I guess. Though I still don't understand the people that religiously watch it. Too much mindlessness is a BAD thing, people!

ETA: I watch Wipeout on TruTV. Admit it, it's fun to watch people get smacked in the face, especially if they've volunteered for it!
  • GorillaEsq
    They make picture books :happy:
    They do, but nobody buys Playboy anymore. (Ha.)
  • GorillaEsq

Worst channel ever!
    Once upon a time "TruTv" was called "CourtTV." I guess advertisers were afraid people were becoming too educated in the law.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Aw come on now.. I love these shows.

Why? Because it's trashy "reality" TV and they provide comic relief to my other wise boring day.
    I think what bothers me about these shows the most is the marketing... they're marketed as "reality" shows. They're not. I know this because of the legal disclaimer that run at the beginning of each show that states the scenes are "reenactments."

I'm not sure why this even bothers me... but it does.

'cause your a Lawyer?
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member

Worst channel ever!
    Once upon a time "TruTv" was called "CourtTV." I guess advertisers were afraid people were becoming too educated in the law.

I find it sadly amazing how many people know very little about the law and their rights!
  • GorillaEsq

Why? Because it's trashy "reality" TV and they provide comic relief to my other wise boring day.
    I think what bothers me about these shows the most is the marketing... they're marketed as "reality" shows. They're not. I know this because of the legal disclaimer that run at the beginning of each show that states the scenes are "reenactments."

'cause your a Lawyer?
    Well yeah, that.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member

'cause your a Lawyer?
    Well yeah, that.

I think it would bother anyone who is familiar with the legalities of such things!
  • GorillaEsq

'cause your a Lawyer?
    Well yeah, that.

I think it would bother anyone who is familiar with the legalities of such things!
    I don't think you need to have a juris doctorate to have "Operation Repo" make you want to punch kittens.

Dear moderators... No kittens were harmed, physically nor emotionally, during the execution and presentation of this post. Further, the aforementioned post was tendered as an analogy to the frustration evoked by said television broadcasts and their subsequent impact on society, at large. In no way, fashion nor manner was this post levied in the avocation nor promotion of striking kittens, in any manner, whatsoever, hereinafter, in perpetuity.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Thank goodness the kittens are all safe. Grin.

I tend to prefer the historical ones or science based shows only because they are entertaining. I hate anything that claims to be real and feel like it came out of Jerry Springer land. I suspect I have only a handful of shows (that new Sherlock Holmes series on the BBC is really good) that I really watch.

Oh, by the way, I got to meet Jerry S. (be it for two seconds in the line at Starbucks) and he's not a very nice guy. Let's just say that he must hate kittens - he's that grumpy. I had no idea he lived in my area. I knew that Stephen King lives here on the coast in an all glass house (still haven't spotted him looking out to sea while kayaking).

Jerry's show hit a low in history that really, really leaves me disturbed. I always had a fear of those people being real (just think about what that means).
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    To be honest, I think you're missing the true travesties on television. The Kardashians. I would much rather watch Neanderthals in fake, grease stained overalls repossess cars than subject myself to that show and that family in ANY of its many incarnations. Which is too bad for Bruce Jenner, because he was a BAMF back in his day.

Same goes for the Real Housewives of Whogivesafvck or MobWives.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Gorilla, why are you here? Do you think you're encouraging others to think for themselves? It seems like you want to tell us what to think. Go away.....please!
  • GorillaEsq
    To be honest, I think you're missing the true travesties on television. The Kardashians. I would much rather watch Neanderthals in fake, grease stained overalls repossess cars than subject myself to that show and that family in ANY of its many incarnations. Which is too bad for Bruce Jenner, because he was a BAMF back in his day.

Same goes for the Real Housewives of Whogivesafvck or MobWives.
    Agreed. It's been medically proven that watching the Kardashians causes herpes. True story.
  • GorillaEsq
    Gorilla, why are you here? Do you think you're encouraging others to think for themselves? It seems like you want to tell us what to think. Go away.....please!
    Cutting edge there princess... Now get off your mom's computer. My car isn't going to wash itself.