No more McDonald's... EVER!

Options

Replies

• atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    McD's had nothign to do w it IMO.. i like their food, I dont eat it all the time .. but i love my occasional Big Mac

but if u mix up any combination of foods, its gonna taste/smell bad..
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    One hangover cure = 1 McD's Double Sausage McMuffin ( minus the egg even though I am an egg addict but do not like how McD's cook them) with a Hash Brown, plus a Tropicana with bits in it. Not often I have a hangover so not often I eat it, but when I do I wolf it down. Also like the Quarter Pounder with Cheese but the calorie count makes me cringe so very rare I have one of them.

One thing that did put me off was the spoof that went round years ago about the McChicken Tumour Burger. Supposedly someone bit into a one and thought it was mayo but it was a tumour. Yes it was all a hoax but I have NEVER eaten processed chicken ANYWHERE since that story.
  • Icedberry
    Options
    I haven't eaten at McDonald's for years. I use to love their Big Macs, but there came a period when I would eat them, and then not feel well physically. After one such meal, I decided to stop eating there, and that was that.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    cool. more mcgriddles and chicken nuggets for me.
    their burgers are gross though. then again i think all beef is gross
  • malicent
    malicent Posts: 127
    Options
    A McChicken sounds pretty good right about now.

Heck yes.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    For a greater visual impact, view Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me" documentary: http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283

Then watch Fat Head and decide Spurlock is an idiot.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    to be honest..i work at mcdonalds - the food is all real. whether you believe it or not. also the conditions are much more cleanly than you make thing too. i know there are tons of calories and it's not healthy, but it's definitely not as disgusting as some people are saying. it won't kill you. any food would look gross all mixed up in a cup of soda. obviously.

Yes! It's all about choices... And obviously healthy food mushed together would look nasty too... *pictures green goo in blender that is sometimes referred to as a smoothie...

Great thing about MFP is that people that like McDonalds can fit it into their diet...and those that don't love it so much (and I'm one of them) don't have to. No need to try to gross people out. Let people make their own healthy choices.

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't mind McDonalds at all, especially since I've been watching my food intake. It's consistent and transparent. Here in New Zealand it is anyway. Plenty of food choices for less than 400 calories. Current favourite is Seared Chicken Salad.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    So you switched to Burger King!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    mommyshortlegs: "For a greater visual impact, view Morgan Spurlock's 'Super Size Me' documentary: http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283"

DeadVim: "Then watch Fat Head and decide Spurlock is an idiot."
    I've never heard of "Fat Head," but I'm always up for a solid opposing view (assuming "Fat Head" is such). In my opinion Mr. Spurlock would have to border on idiocy already to consume McDonald's every day, even in the name of science. ;p But that's just my uneducated gag reflex talking. ;)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You can make good choices at McDonalds. I don't get the hate.

They have grilled chicken salads and grilled sandwiches. Just skip the mayo and get apple slices or nothing instead of fries.

I like food that tastes good. I hate food that tastes gross. It's pretty simple. :laugh: :wink:

You say "skip the mayo," but it's the *meat* that tastes bad, not the mayo. The mayo just tastes like mayo. :laugh:

And for the record, their fries are one of the few menu items that are decent. They used to be the best fries around, but when they switched to vegetable oil for the grease, even the fries went downhill. :ohwell:

:smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    A McChicken sounds pretty good right about now.

Heck yes.

Eww! :laugh: :laugh:

I'll have a Wendy's spicy chicken please! :flowerforyou:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Never say never and never say always. Lol. I think all foods would look nasty once digested in tummy :-/. Everything in moderation.

My thoughts exactly. If I stopped eating foods based on what they look post-digestion, pretty sure I'd be cutting all food out of my diet. It never looks very appetizing as poop.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Yesterday I discovered something wonderful to disgust me from McDonald's for ever :tongue:

A friend of mine took a menu (while I was resisting the temptation). At the end, as we discussed, we were asking ourselves what does a McDonald's Menu looks like in out stomach. So we put all the leftovers (~6 fries, a bit of burger and about a spoon of Sundae) in his coke and mixed a little..... that was an olfactory apocalypse, I fell really awful and my friend went to throw up :sick:

Simply imagining that my stomach would smell this every time I eat at McDonald's has really cut any desire of burger :laugh:
    (If you are addicted to McDonald's, try this... :tongue: )

Try chicken, asparagus, milk, peanut buter, and broccoli......Hint......it still looks like crap.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    For a greater visual impact, view Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me" documentary: http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283

Lol, you mean a movie that's now so old, half of the items he consumed no longer exist, Super Size no longer exists, and McDonald's has changed from processing meats like chicken to... not, and drastically changing their cooking processes, calorie content, etc.

I don't even eat fast food... ever, but goddamn, the people that say, "McDonald's sucks!" seem stuck in 1999--they are one of the FEW fast food places that legitimately tried to change. If you don't like the taste, fine (I always hated Burger King, so even if they changed their cooking practices, I'd still skip it. I get it.)... but don't straw man over a decade old documentary.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    picture, or it didn't happen!

(ooh, this is my 100th post, thank god it's a meaningful one)
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA love it :D
    The famous chef, Anthony Bourdain once said the grossest thing he ever put in his mouth was a chicken mcnugget. He puts it up there with warthog rectum!

Anthony doesn't have my recipe for Beer battered warthog rectum. Which to say the least, is quite divine. :wink:
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Met my ex at Mcdonalds which was a good enough turnoff for me :tongue:
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    LOL everything you eat ends up like that, only throw some acid and saliva in there. mmmmm! :wink:
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I swear that if I eat McDonald's regularly it aggravates my asthma. Don't know if I'm just imagining it or not. But it feels like the grease is in my lungs lol.