No more McDonald's... EVER!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I used to work at MacDonalds (Summer vacation at college) and by the end of the summer the smell alone made me sick to my stomach! I refused to eat at any MacDonalds again for the next 8 years! As it is, I can only ever barely manage it once every quarter at most! I still hate the stuff, but I for the husbands sake I consent to it now and then, usually while pulling a face of utter disgust.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    For a greater visual impact, view Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me" documentary: http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283

Lol, you mean a movie that's now so old, half of the items he consumed no longer exist, Super Size no longer exists, and McDonald's has changed from processing meats like chicken to... not, and drastically changing their cooking processes, calorie content, etc.

I don't even eat fast food... ever, but goddamn, the people that say, "McDonald's sucks!" seem stuck in 1999--they are one of the FEW fast food places that legitimately tried to change. If you don't like the taste, fine (I always hated Burger King, so even if they changed their cooking practices, I'd still skip it. I get it.)... but don't straw man over a decade old documentary.

I had a McChicken several months ago (in an emergency-type situation) and it tasted just as nasty as ever. I only ate because I was starving and only had $1 and 15 minutes time to eat something. I would have done as well to have had a beef jerky at the convenience store. :tongue:
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,854 Member
    Options
    The last time I went to a McD was a couple of weeks ago and I noticed the calorie counts on the menu.... To say the least left there with only buying my son breakfast... Yeah great mom I am, but I figured his body could handle the fat and calories as he had a figure skating training session and was on his way to do an hours worth of physical therapy.:wink:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    For a greater visual impact, view Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me" documentary: http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283

Lol, you mean a movie that's now so old, half of the items he consumed no longer exist, Super Size no longer exists, and McDonald's has changed from processing meats like chicken to... not, and drastically changing their cooking processes, calorie content, etc.

I don't even eat fast food... ever, but goddamn, the people that say, "McDonald's sucks!" seem stuck in 1999--they are one of the FEW fast food places that legitimately tried to change. If you don't like the taste, fine (I always hated Burger King, so even if they changed their cooking practices, I'd still skip it. I get it.)... but don't straw man over a decade old documentary.

I had a McChicken several months ago (in an emergency-type situation) and it tasted just as nasty as ever. I only ate because I was starving and only had $1 and 15 minutes time to eat something. I would have done as well to have had a beef jerky at the convenience store. :tongue:

Well, yeah, like I said... if you don't like the taste, you don't like the taste.
  • tigertrax3
    tigertrax3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeh it does make me think twice now.. especially after seeing this>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHxRwQqWFo&feature=related

Thats Crazy!! I wonder if its because those fries are so salty! Salt is a natural microbe barrier. But still. I'm really disgusted after watching that.