Mom jeans.

Options
TeachTheGirl
TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
http://www.graspingforobjectivity.com/2012/07/gap.html

I'll admit, I probably commit many jean sins. You?

Replies

• lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nope. I am not a mom, nor do I buy mom jeans.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No mom jeans sins committed here. I really pay attention to the way things are supposed to fit.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm fat. So yes, I do. It's that or look like a marshmallow being squeezed out of a toothpaste tube.
  • brennsie
    Options
    Nope. Mom jeans are just not flattering generally; people should pay attention to how jeans should fit :P
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    i am a mom and i do not do mom jeans…ew just ew
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Interesting reminder to pay attention to how your jeans fit.

adding - Stretch jeans need to die in a fire.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Gloria Vanderbilt jeans are the worst.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I wear Gap Long and Lean and they do NOT look like mom jeans on me. I have a 36 inch inseam, and they sit on my hips, still below my waist. Not every pair of jeans are supposed to fit every body type. For one I can't stand ultra low rise jeans that show buttcrack and pubic bones. Happy medium people, happy medium.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    NO. HELL TO THE NO. I do not do mom jeans. That is one rule I abide by. :)
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love this blog, and I know I commit some of these crimes, but I know how I like my jeans to fit and I don't care about the placement of the pockets. If I cared enough, I'd rip them off and move them.

Also, a lot of the jeans shown won't fit me as I'm not that small yet and they cost more than I want to spend on a pair of jeans.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I thought I was just too picky about my jeans! Now I know that there's only select brands that fit well! And OMG I hate when my jeans stretch out an hour after I put them on! It's ridiculous! They need to take the damn stretchy material OUT of the jeans!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it. I'm probably guilty of several of those sins! And here I thought that GAP jeans would be THE jeans for me. :sad: :sad: I better write down the names of the other brands and see where I can find them around here. I want at least one pair of kick *kitten* jeans! Just ONE. That isn't too much to ask for, is it?? And I am a mom. Two girls, 14 and 15!!
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I needed this blog! I've went from a 22 to an 8 and sometimes I have no idea how to dress myself!! I'm saving the names of these jeans and going to check them out.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have several comments about brands of jeans and fits posted in the comment section of that blog. I love denim!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Gateway" mom jeans --LOL. I need this chick to come sort out my denim collection!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I needed this blog! I've went from a 22 to an 8 and sometimes I have no idea how to dress myself!!

This is how I feel too! Things I used to wear just don't sit on my 'new' body the way they used to.

I'm taking advantage of a free personal shopper event at a local thrift store to see if the assistant has any advice!
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Dang! I just bought new jeans yesterday. Going upstairs to put them on and see if I've commited any of these offenses!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Nope. I am not a mom, nor do I buy mom jeans.

this!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I thought I was just too picky about my jeans! Now I know that there's only select brands that fit well! And OMG I hate when my jeans stretch out an hour after I put them on! It's ridiculous! They need to take the damn stretchy material OUT of the jeans!

agree 100%