Mom jeans.

Options

Replies

• Susie_Ot
    Susie_Ot Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure what mom Jeans are. Anyone cares to explain?
  • Susie_Ot
    Susie_Ot Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment!!!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't get it at all. I wear mom jeans. I like mom jeans. And for the life of me and I can't understand HOW they became unfashionable. I go to the mall and see the muffin tops and the awkward looking bodies and I don't understand WHY people like the jeans that are popular today.

Honestly, I thought the problem was the obesity epidemic. I thought girls had just gotten THAT lumpy and their figures had gotten THAT unnatural and it was a health problem. I thought that the reason the girls looked frumpy in their jeans was because of some really horrible changes in our country's food. I thought maybe hormones in foods caused young girls and women to have muffin tops and scrawny thighs and droopy butts and awkwardly large rolls of fat hovering on top of their waist bands.

And then I went shopping for jeans.

It isn't the girls/women. It is the pants! Hardly anyone can wear those low rise jeans with the button flap pockets and the too long, wide leg pants legs and not look weird.

High waist. Modest sized non-pocket-flapped pockets. Zippers that don't end right where the stomach bulge (if you have one) starts. Tapered legs.

This is what I want.

I agree that I hate jeans that stretch out after an hour. That part is right on. And the part about the way too big, wide spaced pockets, I'll go with that, too.

But I thought some of the jeans that the blogger declared horrible were the best looking.

I'm a national embarrassment, perhaps, but I want my stomach covered, even if it means a longer zipper. And I don't want details on my butt that call attention to the wrong angles.

I'm betting that in 20 years, if that blog post is still out there, people will read it and howl.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm very very VERY picky about my jeans. No sins commited here
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The 7 FAM Bootcut Happy Butt picture in the blog is a perfect demonstration of what I consider a fairly unattractive fit for a pair of jeans. The mom butt beside it is round and girly. The happy butt is strange looking, awkward, and just all around unnatural. That is the look that made me wonder if our food was ruining our female hormones.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm totally wearing mom jeans :laugh: but i still have 2 sizes to lose before i'll spend the $$ on nice fitting designer jeans like rock n republic and true religion that will make my *kitten* look great!

in the meantime i'm OK with spending $20 for jeans that make me look OK. i'm hoping people are too busy being dazzled by my fabulous boobs to even notice the crazy ON back pockets :laugh:

i found this quote hilarious :
    So even if they don’t look like Mom Jeans when you put them on, they will before the next episode of Dora the Explorer is over.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options

mom-jeans.jpg
    lol these are mom jeans:)
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That's a great article. I'm gonna try those Express jeans, most definitely.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

mom-jeans.jpg
    lol these are mom jeans:)

Those are horrendous, it looks like she's wearing a massive adult diaper under those jeans....Maybe she is?! Ugh, yuk! I stick to Seven for All Mankind, J Brand or Blue Cult.
  • Wasecagirl
    Options
    What are these mom jeans? Where do you buy them cuz if they r comfortable, count me in! I want comfort. And are you all thin & fit enoufh to wear non stretch jeans?does your stomach lap over the waistband like mine? Please don't be a snob to those who aren't into tight, regular jeans. . I LOVE the stretch Jeans, and they don't look like they r stretch and are not cheap. I am heavy and look like a sausage in regulate jeans. I also have a foot long scar down my belly and they are comfortable. SO STRETCH JEANS WORK FOR SOME OE US!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What an awesome blog! Thanks for sharing that! I think I love those Express Rerock jeans, and I they are even on sale right now!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Best to wear skirts and dresses unless you're in a bikini or workout clothes. Or a belly dance costume.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mom jeans should be outlawed. Shame on manufacturers for making them!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My daughter started me on my diet, even though it's been successful I can Just Say No to Mom Jeans - she makes sure by giving me HER handmedowns
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    My daughter started me on my diet, even though it's been successful I can Just Say No to Mom Jeans - she makes sure by giving me HER handmedowns

LOVE THIS!! :) I have always been very good about buying classic pieces for work, and am even good about picking my jeans. But, since I've started bringing my daughter shopping with me, I've found that my tops and accessories have gotten a little more fun. She just knows how to mix it up a little cuter than I do. :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I found the BEST mom jeans ever at Goodwill the other day. They had PLEATS! The zipper was about 16 miles long and the little tapered ankles were so skinny that I probably couldn't have gotten a foot through them. They looked like diaper jeans, they... were.... awesome. lol.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm fanatical about pocket placement.

At the risk of sounding vain, I have a great tush. I work really hard at it. So if a pair of jeans makes that tush look bad... that's the jeans' fault and I will NOT buy them.

Even when I was chunky, I would not wear jeans that didn't flatter my rear. I don't have cleavage. Unless I'm in high heels and a short skirt, I have short legs. My *kitten* is all I got.
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump. I love all of the "good styles" in the article. My mom gets 7 FAM, and I will when I loose all my weight. Each pari is $100 and there is no way I will pay that for pants I will only wear for a month. But still NO mom jeans here. :)