High protein breakfast?

Options
124»

Replies

• berkman12
    berkman12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im on soft foods right now since surgery, i used to like eggs, now i get nauseated when i smell them. I need some good ideas too for breakfast. Tired of having shakes 2-3x a day for the protein.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 96% fat free ham steak and 2 scrambled (whole) eggs for breakfast on mornings I want a high protein breakfast. 260 calories, 32g protein, 12g fat.

The ham steak on it's own is 120 calories, 18g protein, 3g of fat, so it's an option and you could eat something besides eggs with it, yogurt, almonds, something.... to add more protein to your breakfast
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of eggs for breakfast either. I make baked oatmeal. I usually add hemp protein powder to it to bump up the protein, but this week I got some shelled seeds instead of powder, so I added hemp seeds to them. I also add peanut butter. Delicious! And I can pre-portion them to take to work. Just grab and go in the morning! :bigsmile:
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having a quinoa stew for breakfast. Its loaded with veggies, fiber and quinoa. I also poach an egg in there to make it nice and creamy but that can always be skipped <shrug>. Sits in me like a brick, much more nutritious than processed shakes, and is 200 calories!

In general, soups are a pretty good idea because one quick batch and your done for the week, plus YOU control the ingredients. Try some homemade minestrone with non-enriched rice instead of pasta or a deliciously creamy butternut squash soup. Man I love soup!
  • cjlapier
    Options
    I drink a Shakeology shake in the morning for breakfast - it is fast and easy and it has 16grm of protein.

Unfortuneately, I have to take out a home equity loan to buy it, but if it works for you....
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Some of my high protein breakfast meals without eggs.

1) TVP oatmeal
    2) TVP pancakes with ground flaxseed for the egg.
    3) Lentil (or garbanzo) flour pancake with ground flaxseed for the egg.
    4) Beans on toast
    5) Hummus and vegetables
    6) Beans and greek yogurt
  • NShapeRunning
    NShapeRunning Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I need to eat protein in the morning to make it through the day but I don't stick to traditional breakfast foods. For example, if I have leftover chicken I'll eat it with something else. Also, I love taking leftovers and making "garbage" eggs in the morning. That's were you take your leftovers and mix it with some eggs, scramble it up, and voila!! Yum.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I drink a Shakeology shake in the morning for breakfast - it is fast and easy and it has 16grm of protein.

Unfortuneately, I have to take out a home equity loan to buy it, but if it works for you....

omg LOL so true. It's sooooo over rated anyways.