Anyone around?

Options

Replies

• brandyss
    brandyss Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I work out at home don't do gym I'm very self concious so don't like people watching e do anything...lol I do a lot of wii exercise,carmen Electra, Jenny Mccarthy, and ab lounge

This was me when I was younger, now I don't care. Don't let it affect your weight loss hun.

xx
    thanks;)
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I hope you're right. It's pretty embarrassing.... BUT, I give what I can :)

Just like you said, don't worry about what other people think. We spend WAY too much time doing that and it's wasted time.

Truthfully, I don't have a very strong upper body either since most of the exercise I do, now and in the past, primarly just uses my legs.
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    thanks;)

Honestly. If anything, people will be thinking good on you for trying to change things :) Add me if you would like a buddy through this.

xx
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    FerryTrip - Are you a Seattle native? You're profile puts in you in MN.

I'm an Irish native, lived in Seattle for 12 years - loved it. Moved to MN to make my Ex happy, now single - want to move back to Seattle. TMI - I know, but there it is. I even worked in Bothell for a while.
  • ferrytrip
    Options
    What do you do ferry?

Sea, I know and I love it too! Honestly, the warm up is the hardest haha. I need to build up the strength in my upper body as I can't hold myself in a press up position and most of the warm up is done in that position lol!

xx

Security & facilities dispatch and internal 911 at a Level 1 Trauma Center
  • brandyss
    Options
    thanks;)

Honestly. If anything, people will be thinking good on you for trying to change things :) Add me if you would like a buddy through this.

xx
    Thanks I can always use help and motivation
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    I'm an Irish native, lived in Seattle for 12 years - loved it. Moved to MN to make my Ex happy, now single - want to move back to Seattle. TMI - I know, but there it is. I even worked in Bothell for a while.

Small world, eh? I'm Washintonian born and raised. I've lived most of my life on the eastside (of Lake Washington). I grew up in Sammamish, which is a relatively new city that used to be unicorporated King County with a Redmond address. I didn't get into Seattle much until I started college.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I had waaay too many calories today for thanksgiving. ****.

Isn't that in Nov, thanksgiving?

ps. why do you guys have thanksgiving??

xx

We do ours in October(Canada.)
    Americans that fled during the American Revolution went to Canada and brought the tradition here. It became a statutory holiday.
  • ferrytrip
    Options

Small world, eh? I'm Washintonian born and raised. I've lived most of my life on the eastside (of Lake Washington). I grew up in Sammamish, which is a relatively new city that used to be unicorporated King County with a Redmond address. I didn't get into Seattle much until I started college.

I lived in Everett, Seattle & Bremerton - hence the nickname I chose. I grew up near Dublin and had the same experience, didn't get to explore it until I was in high school & college. The Eastside is pretty nice, terrible traffice.
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    We do ours in October(Canada.)
    Americans that fled during the American Revolution went to Canada and brought the tradition here. It became a statutory holiday.

Hmmm, never thought of this before. Those of us living near the border could scoot up to Canada, have Thanksgiving in October, then come back home and have another in November. Very tempting!
  • Dying2Live84
    Options
    No worries Brandy :)

Ferry, I bet you see a lot in your job. Do you enjoy it, apart from the hours?

xx
  • Dying2Live84
    Options
    So what is Thanksgiving all about? What are you celebrating?

I would find having it so near Christmas a huge pain in my butt lol.

xx
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    I lived in Everett, Seattle & Bremerton - hence the nickname I chose. I grew up near Dublin and had the same experience, didn't get to explore it until I was in high school & college. The Eastside is pretty nice, terrible traffice.

I have a few relatives living on Bainbridge Island that moved to Kingston, so we use the ferry now and then. Yup, traffic is pretty bad and has only gotten worse. They've started tolling the 520 floating bridge to finance building a wider and safer one. All these beautiful lakes, mountains, and rivers make for difficult transportaion and road planning.
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    So what is Thanksgiving all about? What are you celebrating?

I would find having it so near Christmas a huge pain in my butt lol.

xx

These days, Thanksgiving is all about gorging on turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatos, gravy, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. You know you didn't do it right if you don't have to loosen your belt by the time your done to keep from puking.

The holiday originally came from the first meal between the Native Americans and the Pilgrims that had recently arrived from England.
  • Dying2Live84
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Now I wish I had a roast dinner yesterday lol!!

That's really interesting... I always wondered.

I am SO excited for Christmas :) Only something like 11 weeks isn't it?

xx
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    I meant to add it's not so bad having the holiday near Christmas. In the US, it always falls on the fourth Thursday of November. The day is a national holiday, but most people get the Friday after off as well, making an nice four day weekend. Plus, that Friday is called Black Friday by retailers (meaning there financials go from red/negative to black/positive) and is the biggest shopping day of the year.
  • ferrytrip
    Options
    No worries Brandy :)

Ferry, I bet you see a lot in your job. Do you enjoy it, apart from the hours?

xx

I enjoy my work but I do miss talking to people in person. I've seen alot of stuff that most people would refuse to believe and would call me a liar if I told them about it. I used to work as a Security Officer - I miss it alot but on the plus side - I haven't been bitten in over a year and I don't get daily death threats anymore. Working with the public can be so rewarding :bigsmile:
  • brandyss
    Options
    Sh Christmas I'm so not ready
  • ferrytrip
    Options
    I meant to add it's not so bad having the holiday near Christmas. In the US, it always falls on the fourth Thursday of November. The day is a national holiday, but most people get the Friday after off as well, making an nice four day weekend. Plus, that Friday is called Black Friday by retailers (meaning there financials go from red/negative to black/positive) and is the biggest shopping day of the year.

Flashback - Walmart - Black Friday - Never Again :sad:
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    Flashback - Walmart - Black Friday - Never Again :sad:

So true. Those doorbusters are such killers...literally.