How common is your NAME

Options
thebigcb
thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
On MFP. I reckon that the most common name on here is ......

Mommy, Momma

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I've got the 2nd most common first name, and tenth most common last name in the US according to one of those "how many of you are there" type website i checked a while back.

There are so many of me that i get anal probed every time I go thru airport security.

I always like to think it's the government doing its due dilligence and getting me because I worked in a locked down, key carded toxicology lab as a graduate student.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Not common at all. So uncommon that people really avoid trying to pronounce it mainly because they don't know how to.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I like to think Icelandic Saga is pretty unique for my name here. However my real name Tara is pretty common. In America at least :) My little sis got the cool name Siobhan. My mom has a slight obsession with Ireland lol
  • thebigcb
    Options
    I like to think Icelandic Saga is pretty unique for my name here. However my real name Tara is pretty common. In America at least :) My little sis got the cool name Siobhan. My mom has a slight obsession with Ireland lol

Never would have guessed
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    No known person in the world has the same first and last name combination as I have.
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My first name was misspelled by my mother so it's pretty uncommon. Even the way is should have been spelled is not a common name either.
    At least my maiden name was pretty normal so growing up if people butchered the first name they'd at least get the last name right.
    And then I got married. Another hard to pronounce name! Now people just butcher both! :)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    No known person in the world has the same first and last name combination as I have.

Cool, so YOU are totally off the grid? Awesome, how'd you do it and still be able to do normal things socially like post here?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Jessica = super... freaking.... common.

My first/last name together = totally uncommon.

My MFP name? Mine. Although I think that a lot of people probably think it means that I think I'm a trophy wife, lol.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    From the little research I've done, nobody has my name (first/last) :) I'm one of a kind.
  • AnnilyiahMarie
    AnnilyiahMarie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my spelling is different but my real name is Sarrah
    i kno fifty other sara and sarah's but not many Sarrah's
  • thebigcb
    Options

Apart from you that is.
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My name is pretty simple, yet not many people (where I live, anyway) have the first name Dawn. I know many people do, but it's high up there in the most common category. My last name, is "White", which is super common.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I really don't know if my name is common or not. My name is Sandra...
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    on here my name is just one i think
    my real life name no one would ever guess it's quite uncommon
  • thebigcb
    Options
    on here my name is just one i think
    my real life name no one would ever guess it's quite uncommon

Is it John?
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I don't come across to many Vanessa's.
  • roi58
    roi58 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can relate to that. I always know when I win a drawing because several people are looking at it with a perplexed look on their face. Thanks mom and dad!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    First Name is very common but there are only 5 people in the US with my name combo. (My hubby actually has a cousin with my same name - however her last name has changed now that she's married)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    My username isn't that common. It's actually my car lol. I have a Del Sol, which means "Of The Sun"

My first name is super common though. Emily. Boring!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    First = uncommon = Rose

Last = major uncommon I am the only one list in the phone book. There are only a total of 3 in my state! oops 4 with my Grandson! :)