How common is your NAME

Options

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    @Shanna...I never find my name on anything. As a kid I always wanted one of those little license plates with my name on it...could never find one of those either.

If you ever see something with the name "Emilio"...let me know! :)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    No known person in the world has the same first and last name combination as I have.

Me too. I am the only me.

I've never met another person with my same first name either.
  • springb513
    springb513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Rarely do people get the spelling of my name right - it's Barbra, like Streisand. Most people have the extra 'a' in there - Barbara.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oops... posted twice. I need coffee. :glasses: :yawn:
  • missymoga
    missymoga Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My first name is Emma. Becoming more and more popular as time goes on.
  • missymoga
    missymoga Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @Shanna...I never find my name on anything. As a kid I always wanted one of those little license plates with my name on it...could never find one of those either.

This was my problem growing up! Nothing had Emma on it. Now when I am too old for the stuff its everywhere lol
  • d_Mode
    Options
    I don't know anyone else legally named SoDamnHungry.

*laughs...SoDamnFunny!
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    On MFP. I reckon that the most common name on here is ......

Mommy, Momma

I see that a lot, too! lol! I haven't seen many Rogues, though. Maybe I'm kinda unique. :-)

My real name, however, has not been in the top 100 baby names, according to the Social Security Administration, since 1941. At it's MOST popular, it was ranked 39 and that was in the 1920's. From 1986-2007, it wasn't even in the top 1,000. :-P

And that is why I prefer Rogue. :-)
  • d_Mode
    Options
    I wish I had a dollar for everytime I meet someone new they go "Eeeeeemeeeeeeeeliooooooo" like Night at the Roxbury, or when they say...ET...Phone Hooooooooooome!
  • ningggsm
    ningggsm Posts: 202
    Options
    So far, in my 22 years of life, I've only met four others with the same name as I. It's not common I guess. But famous in that old Disney movie, Halloween Town. :)
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I wasn't the only Elaine in my class, but it's not a common name now. Per Google, the name peaked in popularity in the 1940's and 50's. My last name is quite common in New England and Nova Scotia, but our spelling is rather unique.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    my name sucks and it's probably the most common spanish name ever. I would have preferred Andres or Alejandro...
  • cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    According to Google, I am the only one in the US (ya right) with my first and last name. I don't run into too many other Crystals though. At least not ones that spell it normally..
  • PrettynWitty12
    PrettynWitty12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think that my MFP name is pretty unique lol...as for my real name...I don't know too many African Americans named Nanci with an 'i' so I guess that makes me pretty special :)
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

This was my problem growing up! Nothing had Emma on it. Now when I am too old for the stuff its everywhere lol

I do see Emma a lot now! When I named my daughter, hardly saw anything with her name and within a year, I started seeing her name EVERYWHERE....Still no Shanna's hahaha

It's funny b/c if people only hear my name, they assume I'm either a red-headed Irish woman (which I am part Irish but no)
    OR
    I'm black....had a friend that moved to a bigger city when I was kid and when I went to visit her one time, her friends looked at me all funny..."we thought she was black - I mean her name is Shanna....that's a black girl's name" bahahaha

I'd be happy with a coffe mug still...haha Of course I did get the MOM one....
    So far, in my 22 years of life, I've only met four others with the same name as I. It's not common I guess. But famous in that old Disney movie, Halloween Town. :)

I so remember that movie....wasn't her name Marnie??
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Not common at all...lol maybe in my continent it is..but not in America :)

btw my name is Aicha (eye sha)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I believe the OP was referring to our MFP name...
    I've not seen anything similar to mine yet...
  • jessica3479
    jessica3479 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jessica is a VERY popular name!!!
  • ningggsm
    ningggsm Posts: 202
    Options

I so remember that movie....wasn't her name Marnie??
    [/quote]

Yes, Marnie. :)
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I believe JoJo may be somewhat common here (or other places where a screenname is used)...but my real name, upon looking it up never even topped the top 200 names used in the country...so I reckon it is not common at all...especially where I am from.