How common is your NAME

Options

Replies

• Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mama might be common...but Mila? Not so much.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    There are only 7 other people in the world with my first name, and no one with my first and last.
    I love the uniqueness, but hate spelling it all the time.

Hit us with it then?

It it often mistaken as Lawrence.
  • danerrig
    Options
    First name is very common, most likely top 10.
    Last name is not common at all, there isn't anyone in the US that has the same last name as me and isn't related
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    There are only 7 other people in the world with my first name, and no one with my first and last.
    I love the uniqueness, but hate spelling it all the time.

Hit us with it then?

It it often mistaken as Lawrence.

I know what its not now
  • Ella_Bee
    Options
    mine is definitely not common at all (no my first name isn't Ella)
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    No known person in the world has the same first and last name combination as I have.

Me too - there is definitely only one of me!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Username isn't that uncommon thanks to simpsons.

My first name is a very common one in the UK.
    My second name is a very common one in Botswana.
    My surname is pretty unique with only one other person in the world (my mum) sharing it.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    According to namestatistics.com, my name (Jamie) is #233 for the US.
  • Ella_Bee
    Options
    I know there's at least TWO of me, I have a mini me :smile: my friend called her little girl after me
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My first name is the 3rd most common name in Iceland, but im the only one with my first, middle and last name combination. although there are i think 4-6 women with the first and middle name combination :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    My last names (yes two) are both very uncommon. One pops up in the Philippines (with which I have no common ancestory) but is likely from Roumania or Yugoslavia and means "furrow" or "tea kettle". The other last name is Basque. Combined with a rarish first name which, in it's Spanish version is not really used in English -- well, I use the variant names in different countries because most people mispronounce something.

i think if I ever publish a book with my full name, most of my friends would not know it was from me. C'est la vie.
  • JennySmith574
    JennySmith574 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    According to namestatistics.com, my last name "is the #6665 most common last name... Around 5000 people have" my last name. My first name, though, seems pretty unique. namestatistics.com says "RINDA is a very rare female first name."
    Very few females in the US have my first name, and according to a couple of other sites, it hasn't been used since 1885, which could have been my great-grandmother. I'm told I'm named after her.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    three of my cousins have the exact first and last name as I do... thats what happens when you are Italian.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    According to namestatistics.com, my last name "is the #6665 most common last name... Around 5000 people have" my last name. My first name, though, seems pretty unique. namestatistics.com says "RINDA is a very rare female first name."
    Very few females in the US have my first name, and according to a couple of other sites, it hasn't been used since 1885, which could have been my great-grandmother. I'm told I'm named after her.

LOL, I just put my last name into that and it couldn't even give me a statistic. It just said:

"_______ is a very rare last name
    Very few last names in the US are _________
    Be proud of your unique last name!"

Ironic considering I'll be taking my husband's name soon and it's apparently the #4 most common last name in the US. Haha.

"Becca" was also apparently quite popular the year I was born, or at least where I grew up. There was ALWAYS at least one other Becca in every class I had in school!
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    three of my cousins have the exact first and last name as I do... thats what happens when you are Italian.

Greeks too! Sooooo many cousins with the same name. We usually have to throw in middle names or something to differentiate lol
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My first name is common, but i'm not sure about my last name.
  • redstar7
    redstar7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My last name is according to name statistics, is #53542 most common last name in the US, and my first name is #761 most common.
  • JennySmith574
    Options

LOL, I just put my last name into that and it couldn't even give me a statistic. It just said:

"_______ is a very rare last name
    Very few last names in the US are _________
    Be proud of your unique last name!"

Ironic considering I'll be taking my husband's name soon and it's apparently the #4 most common last name in the US. Haha.

"Becca" was also apparently quite popular the year I was born, or at least where I grew up. There was ALWAYS at least one other Becca in every class I had in school!

It said the same thing for mine, lol. I actually did my husband's name and it said his first name is very rare, too. His name is David. U.U So, I don't trust that site now, lol.
  • JennySmith574
    Options
    OK, so I tried whitepages.com and is says that as of February 2011, there are only 782 other people in the U.S. that have my first name, and 4,761 people in the U.S. that have my last name, for 2011. Actual statistics, and it even gives a meaning and origin for some. Mine's English.
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My first name is Catherine and my middle name is Elizabeth...

...and so is Kate Middleton's...