Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    We have 2......a 130 lb black lab, and a 100 lb blue great dane puppy.
  • Bulldogmomma3
    Bulldogmomma3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have 3, all rescue dogs. We only intended to have 2 but we're foster failures =)
    My 2 bulldogs can only walk short distances and then they're ready to nap. My pittie mix is the one who can give me a workout, she'll go for miles.

Ace (4) Olde English Bulldogge
    Riley (6) English Bulldog/Boston Terrier mix
    Maya (2) Am Staff/Mountain Cur mix
  • Gabe351
    Gabe351 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Jack Russell Terrier & Austrailian Cattle Dog Mix. She's about 25 lbs and very intelligent and active. She loves going for long walks with me no matter what time or what temperature it is. I call her my exercise buddy. Dogs rock.
  • rshaw316
    Options
    buying another after moving pit bulls 4-ever
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    I had a Boston Terrier before we had to euthanize him @ 10 years old. He remains the best friend I ever had....
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We have a German Shepherd/Lab Mix named Harley, and an Old English Mastiff named Lexus. We usually call her moose though. 10 Months old, and 130 pounds.

Best. Dog. EVER.

Honestly, I will NEVER own another breed other than an English Mastiff. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have a boxer mix, Millie, and normally a foster dog. Before I hurt my knee we walked every day, hopefully we'll get back to our walks by next month when I'm completely healed from knee surgery. Thankfully I have a friend thats a dog walker and she gave me a great deal to come and take Millie on long walks once a week.
  • czikuscarriere
    Options
    I have two Tibetan Terriers. One is 9 years old and the other one is 10 months. They are the reason I walk: need to be fit and healthy for my two dogs (and a cat)
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've had a mix of a terrier and lhasa apso he was my best walking buddy ever, and also with my Springer Spaniel, they were the best motivators..

Now I have a German Short Hair and cannot walk him at all, he drags me and it is not fun....So my Hubby has to walk him...
  • Jbjammin
    Options
    We have a pitbull and he has been absolutely loving our new fitnesse routines, plus it gets some of that energy so he can SNORE extra loud at night!
  • claregill85
    Options
    A gorgeous black and white Siberian husky. I love ALL dogs. As you can imagine my boy needs a LOT of walking xx
  • lnnptrck
    lnnptrck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We've had labs, shephards, chows, etc. but nothing has ever beat our boxers! We had a 12 year old white boxer die recently. She was my walking buddy. R.I.P. Fancygirl!
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Your gonna laugh ...I have a female Chorkie named Bella, she weighs 3.2 lbs and I walk her with a pink leash. It was the ex's dog > she moves out and I get the dog, I think she thought it would be the biggest inconvenience she could throw at me. But now I love her little furry face just like she was my own daughter. The ex didnt think this one through because my puppy is one bad-*kitten* chick magnet ..woo-haa
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    We have a Chocolate Boston Terrier named Eddie :) He's the sweetest, funniest dog ever. He loves going for walks!!!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I had a Boston Terrier before we had to euthanize him @ 10 years old. He remains the best friend I ever had....

I have a Boston, too, and this makes me sad :( He's 10 months so hopefully we have at least 10 more years with him!
  • pacagirl
    Options
    A boxer/pitt mix rescue; a great pyrenese/pitt rescue and two pure breed pyrenese pups to protect the 'pacas! Love them all!!! The Pitt-oxer is the smartest dog I've ever met; the great pitt'renese mix super loving, cuddly and LOVEs kids; and the pyr pups a HANDFUL, but super loving and sweet - totally forgot how much work puppies were! :o)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    We have mutts.

My favorite breed is "rescued" :)

We had a black lab/pit mix, an australian shepherd mix and a (possibly) greyhound or whippet mix.
  • sarahm0412
    Options
    I have a Irish Wolfhound X Lurcher
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    A spoiled Sheltie who is afraid of loud noises. Can't convince him he can't fit up my pant leg LOL:laugh:
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    <<<< I have two rescued Puggles (Pug and Beagle mixes). We walk at least an hour everyday. I love the week-ends when I can get another hour out of them. :) My daily walks with my doggies is the favorite part of my day. So relaxing and a great bonding time.