Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• tmohr63
    Options
    I have 3 Boxers! Love that breed.
  • determined136
    Options
    My pug Leilo is a crazy walking freak! She gets so excited when I get home because she knows that it is social hour!!!
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just Jemima!
    She spends most of her time sleeping these days. For her a ride in the car is the new walking. Running is not happening. She has very strong opinions on these things!
    Luckily I'm happy running on my own.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my exercise when I walk my dogs. I was just wondering what type of dogs you all have and if you walk them as part of your daily excercise.

I have to beagle girls, Molly and Vazzle. Both are rescues from shelters. Vazzle has a funny name but that is what her previous owners named her. They LOVE to go for walks of course.

cute thread!!!

aww yep I have one doggy a 4yr old miniature pincer named Shylo! and oh yes ive always walked her...but lotta times was just to park for her to play (random longer walks) .. but NOW.. since mfp.. I walk her EVERY morning before work! 20-30 min.. and lunch break short walk (I work at home) AND after work too!! :drinker: and on the weekends /days off I'll do a longer fast walk/jog for 45-1hr walk! she loves it.. and I stop to let her have water at the park! :heart:
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have 2 rescued mutts...My baby is a rescued black lab pitbull mix and shes the biggest sweetheart. Our other one is a rescued pug chihuahua mix which apparently a specialty breed...a chug. I've never been one for status symbols ;) and she is essentially the devil in dog form. But there is no playing favorites in my home. I love them both equally...because I have to hahaha!
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    DH and I have two - a cockapoo and then we rescued a miniature poodle. Love those doggies.
  • dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We have a mini schnauzer and we are also dogsitting another mini schnauzer. interesting to see them together. We also have a Belgian Malinois.
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    <3 this.

tell us your story dog woman!!ps : hi friend! hhahahah
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    We have a rescued lab shepherd (??) mix. We're guessing here! lol! She's a big baby who thinks she's a 45lb lap dog. Loves to run, but I prefer to walk due to a bad hip. She's smart, but stubborn. She's approx. 3 years old, we think... no one knows much of her history since she was dumped :/. Really THE best dog I've ever had. She's good with my boys, and puts up with a lot. She wants to be with people all. the. time. If the kids are outside without me, she has to be out and watching them. If its time to get out of bed, she'll herd everyone out ;). And LOVES hugs.
    We have plans to get her a buddy next year. Husband wants a pure bred German Shepherd, and so I've asked for a new puppy for my birthday. I really hope she does well!

IMG_4092.jpg
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    I have two pug mxes (pug/cocker spaniel) who are blood brother and sister - Ellie and Rocco (7 yrs old)
    Leo who is a shih-tzu/poodile (6 yrs old in may)
    Max chihuahua/shiba-inu mix (5 years old)
    Molly Shih-tzu/terrir (4 years old)
    Monte chihuahua/min pin (age unknown- humane society from where we adopted him thinks he is around 8 or so)

Oh, and I have walked all 6 of them before with a friend of mine who takes her two dogs along so we each have 4 to walk. We get some strange looks. :) I also love all 6 of them like children and I have their names tattooed on my leg. Dog crazy?? Yes, I think I am! HA!

now i see this! hahahah omg u have a grip of poo at your house!!! hahahah
    cute.. mad love for the dogs.. names tatood on huh??!! hahaha wowzers.. mad love
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Mine's a Thai Ridgeback. My husband's is a mix: maybe beagle/staffie/bull terrier. We also have a foster girl right now who is a thai ridgeback/bull terrier cross.
  • Ncrocker
    Options
    I've got 2 - a lab/husky mix (Sebastian - 11 years) and a shepherd mix (Beau - 1 year). I walk them both, but the lab/husky is getting older and is only happy to be out for about a mile before he's done. The pup loves to run with me - and needs to! I volunteer at a local shelter where I adopted him and he was once shy and fearful. The running outside helps us both get exercise and it's helping him gain confidence and not get scared of every sound or person outside on the sidewalk. He's becoming more and more confident each time we go, I love to see the transformation!
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Our rescue turned out to be 50% Aussie Shepherd, 50% Australian Cattledog.

Born to run, work, train train train.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Beagle and a lab/chow mix. The mutt is my lover boy. Sweetest dog EVER. The beagle, pain in my butt, but I still love her. More personality than any other dog I've known, that is for sure.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I have 3. Chow/German Sheppard mix, Black Lab/Newfie mix, and a Siberian Husky puppy!
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    My Favorite kind of Dogs is either Full Breed Weinheimer or Chocolate Lab/Weinheimer. Boy do those dogs got some energy and they make me want to go out and walk them so I know they are calmed down later for the night. haha
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    We have a borderdor! Black Lab/Border Collie mix, his name is Ares, and he is awesome. :)
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    A German Shepard Puppy Named Penny she's 3 months old and smart as a whip and funnier than a small car full of clowns
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Two dachshunds! Dexter and Wednesday, they're litter mates and turning 4 on Halloween.
  • LeeLee0415
    Options
    I have a Pit Bull (blue nose). He loves to go for walks. This breed needs plenty of excercise so whenever i go for my daily walks I take him with me. I live in an apartment so I feel bad if i don't take him along to get some fresh air lol.