Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• truckers_wife
    Options
    I have an American Eskimo....Jack, and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel....Elizabeth.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    kiddosleepininthevanwiththedog-1.jpg
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    3 beagle mixes. love my rescue babies! sadly, i am gonna have to move and will have to get rid of 2 two bigger ones. :(
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I bred and showed English Bulldogs for 20 years but no longer have any at all. I miss them--particularly the babies. I now have a very spoiled miniature wired hair dachshund named Grizzle (really Grizelda). I hate to walk. How do you insert a picture?
  • academy73
    Options
    Sheltie named Shelby :)
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    6 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Moose that is spoiled rotten!!!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My best friend - black Cocker Spaniel - Solomon He's 8 years old and has new problems with his back legs and he was just getting used to going for our walks. I just broke down and ordered him a doggie wheelchair so he can GO with me again.
  • Mommyfate
    Mommyfate Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love all animals! I have a whippet mixed breed dog. He is the best dog I've ever had. I found him when he was two months old, dumped on a busy highway, with what i assumed was his mother. She wasn't so lucky, she had been hit by a car. This little puppy was trying desperately to wake her up, and when she wouldn't move, he would curl up next to her and tremble. I picked him up and took him home with me. And now, two and a half years later, he is a well trained, well behaved dog. Everybody loves him and his crazy antics. Other than my Lou baby doggy, my favorite breeds are large breed dogs. Doberman in particular, I hope to get one a few years from now. I love the bull breeds, and great danes and saint Bernards! Love the giants. I guess I have a thing for large animals, cause I have also owned giant constrictor snakes lol love dogs, snakes, and just about all animals =)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Redbone coonhound/whippet mix named Topper.
  • sarapie
    sarapie Posts: 12
    Options
    I have an 11-month old Boxador named Drake. He exercises ME! Daily walks are more like runs so he's like my personal trainer. :)
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    We are dog people and have had all kinds of purebreds and mutts.

Our best dog ever was Purdy,our white German Shepherd. She was incredibly bright, loving, and just a real joy to live with. It about killed us when we lost her. :sad:

We also had a Cairn Terrier (think Toto). She was pretty awesome. We lived in the country, and she was a worker. never had a mouse or vole in our house.

We had a guy named Hanson who was a rescue- half Cocker Spaniel and half Schnauzer. He was a very sweet, gentle guy, had the BEST face. He was only with me for about 8 months. We had a few rescue dogs that we were helping find homes for. Someone came to meet one of the other dogs, but Hanson fell in love with the guy....I HAD to let him go with the guy. I cried for a week- I adored that dog....But he really did well at his new home. he became a farm dog and loved it.

When we moved back to Ohio, I got a Basset Hound puppy. Dear GOD I loved that dog....He was sooo sweet, and learned a lot of tricks, and was a momma's boy all the way. But when our old Purdy started to get really bad sick, I couldnt afford to take care of them both, and I found him a wonderful home where he has been spoiled to death. We visited him once, about 8 months after he went to his new parents. We were there over an hour before he would come to me (he made the rounds to all the kids and my hubby, though). When he finally got in my lap, he would NOT move....When we went to leave, he jumped into the car. The new dad had to take him into the house....he was howling when we drove away. I cried all the way home. No, I dont think for one minute he's unhappy there- they really dote on him- but he still loved me best :heart:

Now we have an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler), she found us. A Standard Dachshund/hound dog mix, he found us. And a purebred Piebald Dapple mini Dachshund, I got her from someone who had to get rid of her.

The cattle dog wandered into my hubby's work....She hung around a couple hrs, and was 'herding' everyone...Chewed a hole in one guy's work boot LOL. hubby brought her to me to babysit....she never left. She's a total spaz nutcase, but we love her.

The Dachshund mix, I found him and his brother dumped at a park, in October, in the rain. He was 2 lbs, vet was convinced they were full blooded dachshunds. Found a home for brother, kept Sam. He is such a love, momma's boy, and a real clown. I love him so much. If I am sick, or upset, he is right by my side. He loves walks, he runs with me (hes good for about 3 miles). I will be a wreck when his time comes.

The mini, her name is Daisy. She's very sweet, and springy, and just a lot of fun.

We've always been big dog people, but these Dachshunds have really won us over- even the hubby.

If we ever get to the point of having another dog, it will be a German Shepherd and/or a Standard Dachshund....I'd have another Basset if they didnt stink so damn bad. I think part of why Ilike Sammy so much is he's very hound-like.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have a Puggle (beagle/pug).
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    An English staffy and an English bulldog, Stanley and Artie:

DSC02550-1.jpg
    picture6116-1.jpgDSC00472-1.jpg
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    white german shepherd, her name is kodah
    22709143_7302.jpg
    22709143_8794.jpg
    still a little puppy
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I work with a dog rescue organization. My doggies are mixed breeds. dog #1) Max...boxer/australian cattle dog; #2) Lucy...boxer/basenji; #3)Jack...jack russell terrior/beagle.
    Jack was not meant to be kept but fostered and adopted out except he became my husband's "buddy". Jack is the funniest, cutest, most energetic, snoopiest, stubbornest pain in my tushi. LOL I love them ALL
  • reedylor
    reedylor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a boxer and an Am Staff...love them!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    We have a Bichon/Maltese named Max...

Maxwell-2-1_zpsbc7cfc04.jpg
  • chezhdchick
    chezhdchick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A Chocolate Lab and a Black Lab mix. Both adopted! One from a shelter, and :heart: one from a family that was about to dump her at a shelter.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    A Chihuahua Rat Terrier X named Minnie and our puppy is a Chihuahua Satan X named Maddie. Funny thing is I'm not a small dog person but these two picked me and when a dog picks you that's it. Game over. Heart melted.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    A Jack Russell and Chihuahua mix. SO adorable and smart. Learned 5 commands in one week that boy :heart:

[img]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/SugarShed/Latest work/d804cf8a.jpg[/img]