Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    We have a boxer named Tabatha and a chocolate lab named Diezel. Tabatha is the best running buddy ever. She ran 9 miles with me on Saturday and still chased the squirrels when we got home. I have to be careful of her in the summer time because she over heats. Diezel is more of a walker than a runner though! :laugh: :laugh:
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have four dogs. They like to keep me busy :)

Here are Dory (Valley Bulldog), Kali (Newfoundland/Retriever cross) and Tasha (Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver/Labrador Retriever)
    IMG_9269-2.jpg

and here is my boy! He is my babe.
    Brynx4.jpg
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    This is Izzy. She's a smooth-coat collie which just means she doesn't have the really long coat. She's brilliant.
  • Judyndisguise
    Judyndisguise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a giant golden doodle. He is about 100 pounds and very tall. We go walking twice a day :) and he keeps me motivated no matter what the weather.
  • naschulze
    Options
    I have one fluffy pomeranian named Spike :) I have him as my profile photo right now.

He loves walks but goes crazy when he sees an airplane, which is annoying because I live near an airport.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    We have 3 dogs. A 130 pound Mastweiler named Mast'r Dudley (my gentle giant), an almost as big Black Lab named Deuce (who is too smart for his own good) and a Bichon Toy Poodle Cross named Skeeters (my velcro dog because he's attached to my hip).

Dudley and Deuce were rescues and Skeeters found us as a lil pup - he ran in front of my son's bus 12 years ago, and jumped into his arms.
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Zoe - Pembroke Welsh Corgi

Chickenlegs.jpg
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Labs...in case you couldn't tell from my profile pic and user name. :smile: They are 6 and 11, and are distantly related (cousins, sort of). We do competitive agility and other dog sports - they keep me active!
  • Crystalclear22
    Options
    I have an 8 month old Rough collie named Maeby.

And when I met my boyfriend, he came with an 11 year old mini pin/corgi mix named Gizzy. I get a lot of my exercise walking these 2 monsters! About 30 mins in the morning and 30-60 minutes every night. Love it!
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have a rescue Pit/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. Her name is Sidney and she acts like a person. We got her from someone my husband used to work with, who only had her for a week before asking my husband if he wanted her. When we got her, she was 3 months old, covered in fleas and ticks, puking up hotdogs, and had the runs. We took her home, cleaned off the fleas and ticks, took her to the vets the next day, and she's been happy and healthy ever since. She has bursts of energy and will run full speed in our yard in a circle, then plop down on the grass. Since the weather is starting to cool down, I plan on taking her for walks again, usually 20-30 min because my 4 1/2 yr old daughter comes with us.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Plott hound!!!! Best dog I ever had. Very difficult to train, but worth all the trouble. :)
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I have a Beagle :) His name is Fred, best breed of dog EVER!

Haha Beagles are awesome. I have one. Sammy Shmeegles. Also have a blue merle Amstaff. Amstaffs are definitely my favorite breed.
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have 2 yellow labs.

Boudreaux, & Ella Marie. 

Boudreaux has been with me for 4.5 years, & is the most noble dog around! He's my heart. I rescued him when he was a baby. He goes jogging with me 4 times a week, & he will run 2-4 mikes each day with me. Depending on his day. He gets me though my longer runs.

And as far as Ella... She's a recent rescue. We got her almost 2 weeks ago from an animal shelter. We lucked up, not often u see a pure breed yellow lab in the shelter. She's the new girl around the house, & acquiring nicely to the change!
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Zoe - Pembroke Welsh Corgi

Chickenlegs.jpg

What a cutie!!!! 
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a black lab-pit mix named Archer. He is absolutely the best dog ever!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I've got a Rottweiler, he is the best dog I've ever had I'll never have another breed
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have three dogs currently

Sally -- Black lab/golden retriever mix. She is 11 years old so she doesn't want to go walking just lay there.

Sally.jpg

Jamie Bear -- 1/2 boxer, 1/4 chow, 1/4 husky. She is 9 years old and is not as active as she used to be. The hot weather of the South tends to drag her down. She has really thick fur.

Jamie.jpg

And last but not least Maisy who is a Feist and is 6 months old. She's a little monster. I've been thinking about taking her for walks but we live rurally and you would think it would be easy to go for a walk but there are no sidewalks out here and the roads have a tendency to drop off on the sides so if you walk you have to walk ON the road. Problem is that people fly. Anyways I have to PLAN outings such as those so that I'd drive in to town to walk her and thus I do not take her for walks because of work schedule, children and the cost.

maisy.jpg
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 13 years old male bichon. He goes on short walks with me 3 times a day. He is blind and deaf - so the walks are not as fun for him. I also have a 2 years old male Chihuahua. He is extremely small. Just over 2 lbs. He loves to walk and goes with me for up to 12 km. Now, I have him hiking with an off-leash dog group.
  • fritzi75
    fritzi75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Previous beagle owner. Now
    I have bichon frise name "Chuey"!
    Both dog rescues. We been very fortunate
    having both dogs!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have a golden retriever. Gus...he's my baby. :heart: