Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• RonitMig
    RonitMig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 year old Havanese that I rescued. He is the best and LOVES going for walks which is motivation itself (although we have a fenced in backyard too). We are thinking of getting another one too :)
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    All of my dogs are rescues. I will never own any other type.

I have two pug/chihuahua mixes, a schnauzer mix, and a schnoodle. All of them are great dogs.
  • Bella_Bea
    Bella_Bea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a puppy Chihuahua :) she isn't a big fan of walking though!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    We have a cane corso, a cattle dog, and a german shep/pit bull mix. The cane corso loves to go running with me. I have a soft spot for the pitties, bulldogs, and mastiffs.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have two English Springer Spaniel brothers, Newton & Pascal, and my mum has their sister, Dalton. Plus she has a goofball lab mix named, Skillet. My two and I are on the left below, mum and her two on the right.

My boys and I typically run just about every day to every other day. At least once a week we do long runs, sometimes pavement sometimes trail. They easily complete 13 mile trail runs with me, but they often do more since they're off-leash and off exploring. They're very good at leashed, pavement running too (after lots of practice). They can do 13-16 pavement miles with me. I'm sure they could (and would) do more. I will say that they need to work up their mileage slowly so that their pads and cardio aren't stressed too much too quickly. They will run themselves into dead-dogs since they want to please you, but you have to pay attention and be the boss.

_DSC9361_zps9605dc55.jpg
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 yr Shih Tuz that is the love of my life even though she is so high maintenance She Thinks we should come to her every barking demand.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Chocolate labbie, named Rolo. She is an older gal, and we adopted her just this past winter. The first time I took her to the dog park, a little whippersnapper of a dog stole her ball, and wouldn't give it back. So now at the dog park, I get to throw it once, and she carries it the rest of the way, covering it with drool as she goes.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I have two mini-wiener dogs and no they don't go walking...way too spastic
  • FoodyGal
    Options
    I love duck tolling retrievers, they are beautiful!
    My next dog will be a minature schnauzer though, gotta keep with the German theme!
    All these doggy pics are making me "broody".
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A Boston Terrier named Bella...a fawn pug who is 90% blind and had PU surgery named Amos....and a black pug we rescued through MAPR named Auggie :)
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A Black Lab named Aspen. She keeps us motivated to walk and be active.
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have a 90ish lbs. labradoodle named Max. On my non-gym nights, I do walk with him. The other nights, my son roller blades with him. Poor Max has about 20 lbs to lose also so he fits right in at my house :-)
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a pug and a Saint Bernard/ English Mastiff mix. and no i dont get much exercise with them the pug is 12 and pretty much blind.
  • davidjohnb17
    davidjohnb17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    English Springer Spaniel
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a German Shepard/Blue Heeler mix.... he's such a cutie!!!!
  • grae45
    grae45 Posts: 2
    Options
    1- 90lb German Shepherd named Maximus, and 1- 100lb German Shepherd named Sieger. Best dogs ever!

"Dogs own us, cats are prisoners!" :tongue:
  • jligon92
    Options
    I have a mixed chihuahua with long hair, and he loves to go running. We are lucky enough to live by a huge lake/park and we go twice a day!
  • cheesehead8
    Options
    We have two Great Danes, Rocco the "Rockstar" and "Messie" Bessie!
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    a 100pound golden retriever/st bernard/great pyrenees mix (rescued) and an 18 pound lhaso apso (rescued last week). they are so awesome. definitely keep me moving to keep them exercised! when i use the bicycle to run them, the lhaso ends up in the basket hitching a ride!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I have a Dachshund, her name is Mia!