Replies

• oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    only if we're still allowed to do the hibbity-bibbity

:laugh: :laugh:
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I know anyone personally that lived together after the divorce. IMO, I would just think the drastic shift in moods and emotions would make the environment stressful. Also, how would it work when one person wanted to start dating. Talk about awkward!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of people who had to do this post divorce due to finances or their house not selling quick enough. Talk about misery!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Wait... Have only, like, 3 people understood that this thread is about living with your Ex after the divorce or breakup?
    Basically. lol
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think divorce rates are high because people move in together after marriage!

I think you need to take a look at the relationship between divorce rates and the prevalence of couples living together before marriage. You will find exactly the opposite of what you have described.

And then you have to realize that people who are against "living in sin" are also more likely to not believe in divorce, so the statistics are completely irrelevant.

Umm, I don't believe the statistics would be irrelevant but that other factors (such as those who are against "living in sin") may explain why someone may get divorced regardless of whether they lived together prior to marriage. I think this is what you are saying. And I don't know the evidence is for these other factors or what their coefficients are - but if you have some articles I would be happy to read them to make an assessment. And I do realize this thread is about living with someone post divorce.