5k run times

Options
123457»

Replies

• amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5K on Saturday...just registering and finishing was a major accomplishment for me as I still have 50 lbs to lose and feel SO self-conscious running with people :-) My time was 44 minutes. I am signed up for another one on Thanksgiving morning....hoping that with training and focus I can edge closer to the 30's.
  • soultrain1913
    soultrain1913 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Congratulations! It took me 41 minutes on my first 5K. I'm currently in the 33-34 minute category now...trying to get to 30 minutes! Keep up the good work lady!!!
  • beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 50 and just ran my first 2 5K's. The first was 36:32 and the second was 38:04. My husband and I have just started running this year and are really enjoying it. I was sad that my second race was slower but it was a good run - had a good pace and felt great the entire time. We have another 5K on Dec. 1 and I am hoping to beat my first 5K time! I LOVE running and being in races!!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I've run in two 5Ks. First was 30:20 and the second was 31:00 (my excuse was the miserable weather)
    I haven't ran since baby #2 but would like to eventually break 30.
  • thechimes
    Options
    5K PR (or PB — which I don't use b/c it sounds like peanut butter! :) — 22:08. I want to run a sub 20 5K, but I'm working on breaking my 10K PR first (52 mins). Before that though, I gotta get back from an ankle sprain. Currently running 1-2x a week. Haven't lost speed, but haven't built much either. Avg. pace is 8:30/mi.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to run. My most recent 5K time was 28:01.
  • judcost
    judcost Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My first 5K a year ago was 39 minutes, now im a sub 27 minutes :) Training and effort and youll produce, Have fun running!

Thanks great motivation!
  • judcost
    Options
    My first 5k was 43 mins (Sept 8, 2012), 2nd 5k was 33 mins (Oct 8, 2012). I have my 3rd in two weeks with a fellow MFP member. Can't wait!!!

Wow 10min in a month. Good job.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was just under 30 minutes. My PR from high school is 21:15, but I ran a 21:58 in May... I was the first female in which was a pretty awesome feeling. :)
    Other run times include: 10K 46:15
    half marathon: 1:42:32
    marathon: 3:56
    I really want to improve my marathon time!
    But in the meantime, I am working on doing less cardio and more strength, so we'll see. Good job everyone!
  • judcost
    Options
    I did my first 5K on Saturday...just registering and finishing was a major accomplishment for me as I still have 50 lbs to lose and feel SO self-conscious running with people :-) My time was 44 minutes. I am signed up for another one on Thanksgiving morning....hoping that with training and focus I can edge closer to the 30's.

Good job. Don't feel selfconscious. They're only thinking about finishing the race and it's often a boost to run with people. Makes you get out of that confort zone. You can do it!!!!!
  • Mermaid_135
    Options
    Well done!
    My personal best is 24 minutes (this is 10 years ago), now I manage between 34 - 36 minutes, hope to improve soon
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My time used to be under 28 minutes. Now, after foot surgery, I can only run for 20 minutes at a time. It's difficult to be patient until my endurance improves, but I'll never give up trying!!
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First 5K in June was 31:02. Did one yesterday in 26:55. Not bad considering my goal for the year was under 28! I have a half next week Im hoping for under 2:15...but considering it goes up a mountain (1.5 miles @ 9% grade), I might be happy with 2:30 lol.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My 19:15 PR was just after high school--a long time ago!

I blew my right ACL my freshman year of college and my left one a few years later. I didn't start running again until I was 41. I've been doing some interval training on and off the last few years and ran a 21:26 last November. I would like to get below 21:00 again.
  • krissy0511
    krissy0511 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First 5k was 2 years ago and I finished that 35:30, my most recent one I finished in 26:45. The next one is November 17 and want to finish in under 26 minutes. My first half marathon was in April and finished that in 2:05:35 and I will be running my second here on Sunday and hope to finish in under that time!
  • MMAGZ16
    MMAGZ16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ran my first and only 5k July 14th @ 195lbs (down 90lbs) at 27:48. NOW I have no clue how the heck that happened. Divine intervention I suppose.

JUST RAN MY 2ND 5K, MY TIME WAS 26:21 AT 182 LBS :)
  • scottjohnsonbcc
    scottjohnsonbcc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not running 5Ks yet but I ran my first 5 miles today! I'm really proud because I never thought I'd ever run or enjoy running but I do!

I did my first 5K exactly a month ago - age 44. Time was 26:44 - but I think that course was short - closer to just 3 miles, so it was probably closer to a 27:45 time. Ran a 4K race yesterday in 21:13, and like the above poster, ran 5 miles for first time in my life this morning, though my pace was slower and I'm sorer (about 10min/mile) - but must be some adrenaline to the races, because I always do better in race than my solo jogs/runs :)
  • kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just did my 1st 5k. Did it in 31m14s, which I'm really pleased about. I'm still about 3 stone overweight, so If I stick with the exercise and diet, I can see quite good times being done in the future.

:smile: