A NEW ME: Weekend check-ins

mszSHOGAN
mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
The intention of this thread is to help the members of A NEW ME to stay accountable over the weekend and prevent un-doing all of our hard work throughout the week. Even if you are not a member or A NEW ME please feel free to post if you would like to. I think it'll be beneficial for us to share when our "hard" times are and for us to realize what "triggers" us to make bad decisions on the weekend when we've been good all week. Realizing the problem will help us to change it!

I know for myself, eating out is the biggest thing. When we eat out I go crazy and probably eat over my recommended intake in one meal! No joking! My new goal is that if we MUST eat out, I will make healthy choices. Believe it or not, that IS possible! I'll be back here over the weekend (it's JUST around the corner)! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    OK ladies...if I don't check in this weekend you can bug me....have Catherine call me:laugh: :laugh: whatever. I NEED to have a a good weekend!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Don't worry Kathy....... ME TOO! We'll be on you like white on rice!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    :grumble: okay - I'm in - you guys can hunt me down if I don't post (but you may not see me this weekend if W2's print)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,996 Member
    I'm in too!
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Whoo Hoo! I'm in. Weekends are tough. I have had company since the first week in December. HELP me stay on track! :tongue:
  • mszSHOGAN
    I guess this "officially" starts today :angry:

WE CAN DO THIS! I'm praying that Greg doesn't suggest going out to dinner! But....if he does, I'm prepared to demand to ONLY go somewhere that has healthy options. I'm sticking to this this weekend. And when next weekend comes, I'll deal with that. Maybe if I think of this as 'one day at a time' it'll be more manageable??? YEP, thats my new motto for the weekend curse! Hope you all are well! :bigsmile:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Arghh....It's a 4 day weekend for me!!! I have 4 instead of 3 days to stay on track....And it's been hard enough to stay on track for 3!!!
    So far today is good...but it's still morning:tongue:
  • mszSHOGAN
    BOO! I have a regular weekend this week (MLK and Columbus Day are floating holidays here and we can only chose one, I opted for Columbus). You can do it, I'm here for ya and so is everyone else!
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Come on ladies, we can all do this! I got on the scale this morning and was up 3 lbs. It's because I just started back working out again this week after my foot surgery and I am pounding the treadmill. I'm going to forget I ever weighed in. :grumble: I'll be looking for ya'll!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Don't let the scale get you down! It's evil! As long as you know you're on track then don't even worry about it. I'll be here!
  • mszSHOGAN
    I DID IT, I DID IT! I survived Round 1 of the weekend tempation! Since I worked late, and hadn't taken any meat out of the freezer to thaw, Greg suggested we order out. So..........I checked in the food database what my best choice would be. I got a gyro, but had to cut it in half. To help fill me up though I ate it over lettuce, since I love gyro salads anyways! It was ssssssoooooo good! And the best part is that I still have half a gyro in the fridge so I can eat it all over again tomorrow! I am SUPER proud of myself! :bigsmile:

I hope everyone else is doing well!
  • PJilly
    Why am I so tempted to be bad tonight? I don't usually feel like this, but I feel like this now!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Because it's the weekend, and since we're supposed to be "off" from everything else we think we should be "off" from being good. you'll get through Jill, you've been doing SO well lately! I have faith in you! :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    Thank you! I don't usually have a harder than usual time on weekends. Yesterday was the exception. However, finding "bugs" totally preoccupied my time and mind, so it was easy to forget about splurging!
  • Mamakatspokane
    :laugh: Katie - Congrat on surviving round one of the weekend

I think my saving grace this weekend is that we are planning the vacation and I broke out old summer clothes and I have a ways to go to get into someof them.....The thought of being in a swimsuit just 2 months and a few days from today....that SHOULD be enough motivation...right?
  • mszSHOGAN
    Jill - See.....those bugs were good for SOMETHING! Hope today is better for ya!

Kathy - Oh yes, that is GREAT motivation! Luckily for me the trip to Hawaii isn't until October, so I've got a little more time than you. You can do it though, just stay with it. And everytime an unhealthy food calls your name just think of squeezing into those clothes! :wink:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Argh.....Not sure what I ate today...for lunch I finshed off part of kids grilled cheese dips in tomato soup then tonight I made crock pot chicken noodle soup and I didn't reallymeasure what I ate so hate soup...I never know even if I figure out the recipe...you never get the accurate broth, veggie, chicken, pasta ratio.....grr..... I think I ate too much...I'll workout extra long tonight to make sure I'm in the clear though.....
  • PJilly
    Kathy, it's hard to figure out what all you're getting when you eat things with multiple ingredients. I have the same problem. I still try to track it, but it's pretty much a wild guess. I had to do that with the spaghetti sauce I made yesterday.

Today I get to eat more because it's my rest day, and that's how I roll. Maintenance calories for one day, baby. It's the little things that get me all excited! :tongue:
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    I find that during the week my schedule is such that i eat regularly. I stay on task, but the weekends.... Whew! No schedule and at the end of the day i am no where near the calories I should have. Missed meals, maybe ate the wrong thing, who knows! I am thinking of putting a big Eat At These Times reminder right on the frig.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Today I get to eat more because it's my rest day, and that's how I roll. Maintenance calories for one day, baby. It's the little things that get me all excited! :tongue:
    Jill your a wild woman:laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.