A NEW ME: Weekend check-ins

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Sounds good to me! This is just what I need! Weekends are my reason for failure! Plain and simple!! I almost had a good weekend last weekend, if I had drank less alcohol! but this weekend is my first good one! i can feel it!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
    My idea of a "good" weekend is staying within my calories. I was SO proud of myself last weekend. I succeeded and we ate out twice! I think the trick is to research/plan ahead of time and stick to it, no matter what! That helped me, I'm sure it will work for everyone else too!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,996 Member
    GOOD WEEKENDS

Katie L - 1
    Victoria - 1
    Kathy - 1
    Heidi - 0 (Glad I found this thread)
    Kim- 0
    Jill - 1

We're going with friends tonight to a hockey game (Seattle Thunderbirds), so I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to handle it. I think I'll go ahead and eat dinner first, although it will have to be an early dinner, so I'm not tempted to eat junk from the concession stands. I may splurge and have a beer or two. It's also my rest day today, but I'll probably burn a few calories cleaning house. I'm in such a "house" mood lately, having fun buying new goodies and spiffing the place up (new sinks and faucets for the bathrooms, new hampers, new red can opener to match my coffee maker and toaster).
  • MissKim
    I weighed 198 this morning!! so there is no way in heck that I'm going to mess up my weekend!! Still without my cord(at my friends house checking in)! but i plan on eating healthy today and tomorrow! and going to the gym both days!!! Working hard to have my 1st awesome weekend!! Good luck everyone! text or call if you need support!
  • MissKim
    I weighed 198 this morning!! so there is no way in heck that I'm going to mess up my weekend!! Still without my cord(at my friends house checking in)! but i plan on eating healthy today and tomorrow! and going to the gym both days!!! Working hard to have my 1st awesome weekend!! Good luck everyone! text or call if you need support!
  • PJilly
    That is fantastic, Kim! What a great motivator to keep you on track for the weekend. Perfect timing. I am so happy for you!
  • HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    You go Kim! I'm doing "so far so good" myself. Hoping it stays that way!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Yes Kim that is SO awesome and will be a great motivator to be "good" this weekend! You can do it, I have faith in you! :heart:

So all the stress of the multiple illnesses in my house, trying to keep up with my work for my job and the bomb that apparently went off in my house is finally catching up with me! Last night I wanted to go off the deepend! But I know those feelings are what triggers me "falling off the wagon" so I just went to bed and I stayed "good". I feel a little better today and I'm dead-set on staying on the path I"m on for the rest of the weekend. I know I can do it, no matter how hard it is!

Hopefully you all are doing well with this weekend!
  • PJilly
    I did better than expected today. Tomorrow brings another challenge: a party at Hooters! LOL. I'm beat and going to bed now. G'night.
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Just checking in. Had a great day yesterday! Stayed within my calories. Got a Heart Rate Monitor and can track my calories burned better. Ran 3 mles on the treadmill and did 6 loads of laundry. Burn, burn burn! Sunday I wash the car and do my shopping.
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Awesome!
    so glad i found this thread, monday to friday i have pretty much nailed it, I stick to my daily menu, exercise every day for at least 30 minutes drink plenty of water and im generally happy with plenty of energy. Then it gets to the weekend....

It amazes me how oblivious i was to the fact that almost everything we do at the weekend somehow revolves around food! and not just any food but the really fatty, calorie laden stuff! When we go out in the day, we normally end up grabbing a take out on the way home or stop in a fast food restaurant, then theres alcohol, we arent big drinkers in the slightest but we will usually have a couple on a friday or saturday night which soon adds up, even staying in and watching a movie involves chips n dip or take out etc. And with all that extra time on my hands its hard to resist the temptation to snack out of boredom sometimes.

So this weekend check in is really what i need to stay accountable and keep up the motivation not to be tempted by junk!

Connor.

BTW this weekend has not been great so far, although im not worried by it, the scales showed i was +3lbs but i suspect that will drop off again in the week and there's still a day to go so plenty of time to turn it around!

Edit: Ooops, in my eagerness i neglected to realize this is a thread for members of A New Me..... i feel kinda dumb now can i join up to that as well?
  • HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Katie L - Great positive attitude! You can do it! One more day, that's what I keep telling myself.

Jill - Hooters! YUM! Stay tough. As I've been told... drink lots of water :bigsmile: and keep your eye on the prize (goal)!

Cheryl - I can't wait to get a heart rate monitor! I feel like i'm working a lot harder sometimes and burning more calories than my elliptical or exercise tracker are giving me credit for. I have actually ordered a Fit Bit. Mine should be in the 1/31/10 deliveries. I'm hoping! Sounds like you've been a super busy lady. Great job on burning burning burning!

Connor - I jumped into the board last weekend. I wasn't smart enough to realize they had their own group thing already going on. They've welcomed me with open arms :blushing: These are a great and motiviating bunch of ladies,but boy do they like to chat :wink: . Good luck with the rest of your weekend! Glad you're not discouraged about the +3 lbs and staying focused. It's imortant to know why yo're up and it sounds like you do and know how to turn it back around.

Happy Sunday everyone!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Connor – This thread is for anyone! Some of the members of “A New Me” were struggling with the weekends so we have this separate thread going for that particular reason. You’re not the only one posting on here not in that group and this is perfectly fine! Hopefully this will help you stay accountable on the dreaded weekends! At the end of each weekend we tally how many “good” weekends we’ve had. You’ll see. Until this was started I can honestly say that I NEVER had a “good” weekend. As you said, we eat out a lot on the weekends also. But I’ve started researching my choices before we go out and have been successful thus far. I’ve found that finding a plan and sticking to it works wonders! :bigsmile:

Jill – Have fun at Hooters, and remember that you’ll have to report back to us! :laugh:

Cheryl – Way to go! Sounds like you’re really rockin’ and rollin’! That’s awesome, keep it up! :drinker:

Well everyone, only today and then the weekend is officially over! This weekend I've been doing great. Eating and exercise wise. I'm proud of myself especially since this week was particularly challenging and those weeks tend to bring "I don't care" weekends for me. Not this time though! I'm sticking to my plan and its working beautifully! Have a great day everyone!
  • PJilly
    I'm so happy to see all this activity here!

Cheryl, glad you're having a good weekend so far! I'll be interested to see if you think having a HRM makes a difference. When I first joined here, I decided I didn't need one since what I was doing was working. But now that I've plateaued for three weeks or so, I am reconsidering. (Although, in all fairness, I did have a body comp done and discovered I have lost fat and gained lean, so I suppose what I'm doing is still working. Why do I let the scale bug me like that? And I KNOW better!)
    Connor, welcome!!! This thread isn't just for our group. The title was just a way for the people in our group to find it! Good luck finishing strong today!

Heidi, I WILL drink lots of water! It's funny how I rarely go anywhere that makes eating tricky for me, and this weekend, I'm doing it twice! I feel much more confident after having survived the hockey game unscathed. I'll let you all know how I do today, but I can tell you right now, I'm going to be fine. :-)

Katie L, I'm proud of you for doing so well. It helps so much to have a plan!

I plan to have a butt-kicking ab and cardio workout this morning. I am so looking forward to it! Yesterday was my rest day, and while I appreciate those, I'm always a little antsy to get back to sweating. I love that it's harder NOT to work out than to do it. Of course, I know a little rest is important, so I make sure to do that every so often.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone, and keep up the great work!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Jill - Thats awesome that you can't stand resting! Shows where your priorities are. YOU ROCK WOMAN! :drinker:
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Many thanks for the welcome, weekends have been a struggle for me and this one hasnt been any different! A new week starts tomorrow and hopefully by this time next week i can chalk up my first 'good' weekend :0)

Good work folks you're truly an inspiration!
  • mszSHOGAN
    We're here for you ANY time you need us! Get yourself in the right frame of mind and you will be successful!
  • PJilly
    I made it unscathed at Hooters too. I drank a couple of diet sodas, and I had a nonfat yogurt stashed in a cooler in my car that I went out and ate when I got too hungry watching everybody else eat wings and drink booze. It wasn't easy, but I did it. I hope I just stay home all next weekend. That was too hard!!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    GOOD WEEKENDS

Katie L - 2
    Victoria - 1
    Kathy - 1
    Heidi - 0
    Kim- 0
    Jill - 1

Jill I think you did awesome at Hooters! I was laughing thinking of you hiding in your car scarfing down soe yogurt! :laugh: But hey, you have to do what you have to do!
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    I had a great weekend! I'm proud of myself.

Katie L - 2
    Victoria - 1
    Kathy - 1
    Heidi - 0
    Kim- 0
    Jill - 1
    Cheryl - 1
This discussion has been closed.