Being played by a guy?

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    ummm, it looks like you are in High school? He is a normal teenage boy and don't worry about him.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    There is this guy I met, who I really like. He says he feels the same way.
    However, he goes from talking to me one day to acting like I don't exist the next. I initiate almost all of our conversations, and he will go from talking to me one day, to completely removing himself and not responding to any texts, calls, etc. Then he comes back and starts talking again, then disappears. He also says he wants to spend time with me, yet I am always the one making the effort. I told him I wanted to go to the fair that is in town, and he went (no problem), but didn't bother inviting me or even mentioning it at all. Yet he wants to spend time with me?
    I'm trying to figure out whether or not I'm being played, or if this guy is just fickle.

And you are very pretty.....Do you use lotion because your skin looks great.

Thank you! Nope, lol.
    Does your hair smell nice.....It looks like it smells nice.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I'm trying to figure out whether or not I'm being played, or if this guy is just fickle.

Does it matter? move on.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    He's being a jerk because it has worked in the past. And in a way it's kind of working now since you have a mix of confusion and a tiny bit of intrigue which means you are interested in him.

To hell with his crap. I grow tired of idiots like him screwing everything up for men who don't do that. I don't care how "fine" or how he has "arms" . Teach this nimrod a lesson and blank him.

Totally agree with this!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    but i thought nice guys finish last? girls like the ****heads, right?
    i think it must be YOU. i think he should move on...clearly his bad-boy charm is lost on you.
  • six1908
    six1908 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Always remember... you should be pursued by a guy.. not played. You're worth it. If you're not a priority to him then he shouldn't be an option to you.
  • this_is_my_year
    this_is_my_year Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You only have a short time on this earth, best not waste it on d-bags and people who aren't worthy of your attention.
  • AndiJoy812
    Options
    I'm going to tell you the same thing I told my daughter, and wish someone would have told me: Why would you give some guy the power and opportunity to have you feel that way? You are worth more than that, and if you are getting so caught up in a situation where you are allowing yourself to feel less than - move on!!! Do not settle just because he's the only one that is paying attention to you right now - there are amazing young men out there! Go out and meet them and quit wasting your time on this boy!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    There is this guy I met, who I really like. He says he feels the same way.
    However, he goes from talking to me one day to acting like I don't exist the next. I initiate almost all of our conversations, and he will go from talking to me one day, to completely removing himself and not responding to any texts, calls, etc. Then he comes back and starts talking again, then disappears. He also says he wants to spend time with me, yet I am always the one making the effort. I told him I wanted to go to the fair that is in town, and he went (no problem), but didn't bother inviting me or even mentioning it at all. Yet he wants to spend time with me?

You dictate how people treat you. If you don't like it, keep it moving. I wouldn't let anyone treat me that way, friend or guy. He is not interested or a d!ck....move on.
  • april_khalia
    april_khalia Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We accept the love we feel we deserve...
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he has his hand in many cookie jars. Better move on.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Move on hon. You're worth more than that.

If a man wants to be with you, he'll make the effort. Make him woo you. Make him initiate. Stop making yourself so available. Even if you are. You'll see how important you really are to him. You're young, you have plenty of time to have fun and find Mr. Right. :)
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Was having a great time with this guy I've known for years this past spring til he just disappeared on me. Two months later, he made contact again for about 3 weeks. Three months later, not a word. Save yourself the heartache I'm still going through and confront the situation now. If he wants to be with you, he will make the effort. If not, move on for your own sake. Good luck!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    He's not playing you, but it sounds like he's just not that into you. If a guy really wanted to be with you, he'd make the effort to do that. There are better fishes out there in the sea.

Completely agree. Who knows if he is "playing" you but he's clearly not that interested in being with you. When two people are interested in each other they BOTH want to see each other and make the effort for that to happen. If he's not initiating anything, he's not interested. Harsh but true.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I say give him another shot. I figure everyone is saying not to....and if you do and it works I'll end up being a genius! WOOT!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You know you're being played. It's accepting it that's the problem.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I tend to follow one simple rule in relationships, any relationship, friend, male, female, etc. If I start noticing that I am the one that always texts you first, or calls you, or in essence ALWAYS initiates contact.... I stop. All relationships should be two way streets. If that person wants to be your friend or a part of your life.... then they will contact you. If they don't? Then there's your answer.

So, make yourself a rule that you don't contact him for a week, maybe two weeks, you are not the one to initiate the contact. If you don't hear from him? There's your answer. If you do and it's more a 'hey, lets hook up', well there's your answer too.
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    He's not "really" interested. Move on to someone who wants to spend time with you.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    He's not playing - but that's just his level of interest. You seem to fall in a category below most other people but above occasional boredom.

That doesn't make you a horrible person or him a douche. You can't assume someone is a **** just because they don't like you but at the same time you're wasting your time.

Also the fact that you are making all the effort further reinforces his lack of interest in you. If you had been as unavailable as him then he would have likely had more interest in you but you have shown him that he is high up in your interest list so he subconsciously knows he doesn't have to work for it.