People who appreciate their significant others!

Options

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    So, all these amazing guys you ladies are talking about...any of them have brothers?

on a more serious note, congratz on the happiness!

Mine does...but I certainly wouldn't recommend him.:noway: I got the good one!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    He lets me cook vegetarian food even though he'd rather be eating steak. He buys me beer.

I tried very hard to love a girl who kept bringing me steaks to cook. Failed.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'd easily take a bullet for mine in the rear......Just hope she's not the one holding the gun! :happy:
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore my man friend. He's definitely the perfect compliment to me. Where I "fail" (IE: money handling, the remote and cooking) he prevails. Where he fails (sports, car repairs, cleaning and laundry) that's where I come in.

We have a very good partnership. He brews beer, I'm in charge of quality control :drinker:
  • Maebull
    Maebull Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I married my high school sweetheart, 21 years later we're still together. I can't imagine life without him. He is my everything!
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    So, all these amazing guys you ladies are talking about...any of them have brothers?

My boyfriend is amazing :love: , but his brother is a train wreck, so be careful what you ask for. :laugh:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Been married to mine for 5 years, been together a total of 12. :) I don't think I could ever have the kind of relationship I do with him with anyone else - not in a million years. He is the sweetest man in the world to me, takes care of everything I need and is an amazing father to our son. I know there's not anyone else out there for me but him, and certainly no one else out there who would put up with my crap and still love me! :laugh: I think it's crazy sometimes that even after 12 years I'm still incredibly attracted to him both on the physical and non-physical levels. He is in a word amazing. :heart:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds cheesy but my husband really does complete me. First and foremost, he loves me for exactly who I am, and that is pretty unbelievable. He has loved me when I was heavy, when I am mean and ugly and sad and sick. He has seen me at my worse, and loves me as much today as the day he married me, thank God for that.

We can look at something and be thinking the exact same off the wall thing, that is still really weird for both of us, and we have been together over 14 years. We march to the beat of a different drummer, but we both hear the same one.

We were truly made for each other, no doubt in my mind. I believe he is the most handsome man on the earth and the love I have for him can not be expressed through words.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I am as crazy about the Hubs nearly 15 years after meeting him as I was back then! He is my biggest supporter in this too! Always telling me to go for a run when I'm on the fence about it and bragging to all our family and friends about my weight loss and fitness progress.

Funny story about that - about a month ago his Mom stopped by and we were talking about exercise and he says "did you know Min does marathons?". LOL! Sweet hon but they're 5ks - big HUGE difference!
  • katies71123
    Options
    After I lost my first husband to a heart attack, I never thought I'd love again...until I met Buddy (yep..that's his name). He is the true definition of amazing. He has not only been a wonderful husband to me but has stepped up to being a wonderful role model and "new" dad for my 2 sons.

PS ~ LOVE this thread!! =)
  • LiveLoveHunt
    Options
    Sometimes I think I don't deserve my guy, Zach.

Although he is 9 years younger than me, he is so supportive in my weight loss journey and will start joining me at the gym soon. (He cleans windows for a living so he is very active daily anyway). He is my sensible side of spending. I keep track of the spending but he helps me not spend too much. He acts so much older than he is (sometimes) and he is just the best thing in my life and I don't know what I would do without him.

So then I think, I DO deserve him or we wouldn't be together. God love him for putting up with ME. <3
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I don't have the words. He lets me be me, and I let him be him. We don't try to change each other in any way...I did make him learn how to separate laundry though. We both are vocal in our appreciation and love of each other multiple times a day. We don't take anything for granted. His longest relationship had been 8 months, we have been together 7 years now. One of his long term female friends (not ever girlfriend) commented after she had watched us for a few hours...."you 'get' him like no one else has". He 'gets' me too. :love:
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. Positive vibes :)

My boyfriend is amazing on so many levels. He's calm to my manic...he's smart in different ways than I am. He's well spoken and kind to everyone he meets. He like snothing more than to meet people and learn from them. He can tell my mood by the words I speak with. He is always there for me. We communicate, we don't let arguments fester. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at me and that's something I've never felt. I don't even have the words for him.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is my best friend. When we fight, I know it's not "if" we make up, it's "when". He really understands me and loves me, even if he has a hard time expressing it sometimes. I love him more and more every day.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thank you for posting this. I was just having a "negative" afternoon, and realized that I have it pretty damn good. I love my man to no end. Even when I don't like him some days.... :happy:
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    First of all, OP, that was very beautiful! As is your wife, very gorgeous gal indeed!

I really wonder all the time if we weren't just fated to be together. The way we met was so random and different, I think we worked out the numbers once and it was 1 in 100,000 or something like that chance that we would meet. If I had waited 3 more seconds, or if he had decided not to click on something, or if I had gone to my friend's house after all, we would have never met. Both of us were instantly head over heels :) Two days after meeting, we both decided we wanted to be in a relationship, but "boyfriend and girlfriend" felt too shallow.

Anyway, he is absolutely my everything. I always say I couldn't have dreamed up a better man, and I really couldn't have. He completes everything that I find to be a flaw in myself. He's very good at getting around by memory, I am really, really awful at it (I tried to drive us to the mall today from our house and almost ended up in Massachusetts. The mall is a 5 minute drive -.-) I'm awful with money, he's very good at it. He keeps me in line when my head's in the clouds, and I let him know it's okay to be a child every now and again. We compliment each other in a lot of ways, and I don't know what I'd do without him, and don't intend to find out. He was my "first", and I was his first everything! lol (kiss, gf, partner...literally everything!)

Sometimes I take him for granted, but then he does or says something that pulls me back to reality. Today we were in JCPenney's and he tried on a leather jacket...that pulled me back to reality real quick! Yowza. My baby is smokin' :glasses:

In all seriousness, this is a lovely thread. It's nice to hear others are as happy as I am! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My wife is awesome. Great mother to our kids, supportive of me in grad school, and took good care of me when I was sick recently (I'm a big ***** when I'm sick).
  • lamoursuffit
    Options
    My wife is awesome. Great mother to our kids, supportive of me in grad school, and took good care of me when I was sick recently (I'm a big ***** when I'm sick).

Aren't all men?! :P

JK, guys!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

JK, guys!

Pssh, I don't care. I know I'm pathetic when I'm sick!
  • lamoursuffit
    Options

JK, guys!

Pssh, I don't care. I know I'm pathetic when I'm sick!

lol good for owning up to it! My Nick turns into a 4 year old little girl when he's sick, and refuses to admit it! He's lucky he's cute! :laugh: