People who appreciate their significant others!

Options

Replies

• tlmitchell70
    tlmitchell70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can not imagine my life without him.
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My husband and I got married the year after we graduated from high school. That was 36 years ago!! Sure, we've had a few rough times, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. We were made for each other and I can't imagine growing old with anyone but him.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I have not had a significant other in a very long time...but it makes me happy to see there really truly are happy couples in the world who appreciate each other.

:heart:
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Found "the one" in 1995, got married in 1998. 2004...i guess she wasn't the one..lol. I don't know if I'd do it again.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I couldn't imagine my life without my wonderful fiance. Yes, we have our fights but at the end of the day, I love him even more. He is the perfect man for me. I love you Abid, and I can't wait to be your wife. :heart:
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I meet people who enjoy spending time with their friends or going out on weekends to get away from their home and their Honeys... but I think I am one of the luckiest women alive because I love spending all the time I can with my husband and he with me.. going on 5 years and I love the way the Lord changes and blesses my marriage! I can't wait to see what God has in store.. and thank you Honey for my two wonderful kiddos!!! I can't wait to make more babies with you! lol..
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oh I can totally relate. My husband on a weekly bases will say things like "You would never leave me would you?" Since I've lost weight and all that he is scared I'm gonna leave him. I remind him that I have one trained, why would I wanna train another? LOL I kid of course, but I work nights and he has the house cleaned, kids taken care of, does the laundry, the dishes, cooks dinner. Not many men would do all that. I have to say I very much appreciate my husband. He has no idea just how much I appreciate him. I try to do the same for him.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just have to wonder if my fiance wasn't just made for me. Especially when she wonders the same thing aloud. I've been in other relationships, including a marriage, with women with whom I was compatible, but this is something different.

She's not perfect. While I am totally hot for her, she's got plenty of physical flaws which I must constantly remind her that I don't care about. She has no sense of direction and is terrible with money. And sometimes she's cranky. Aren't we all?

Nevertheless, she makes me feel loved and appreciated for who I am in a way nobody else ever has. We can just lay in bed and talk about nothing and everything. She understands and even shares my quirks that have driven other women insane. When I'm feeling low, I look at a picture of her smiling and I feel a little better. She's truly my other half.

Lots of threads are about lousy relationships. Let's make a thread about the great ones.

When you feel like this ^^ grab each other tight and hold. :heart: Married 29 years and he's the greatest husband!
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So today at work my husband made me so angry and I was ready to call him up and yell.. then I came home and he started telling me about things "we" (I) need to do :mad:

BUT!!!

I love love love my husband so much... he's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I wouldn't be the same person without him in my life... even on days like today :laugh:
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have been with my BEST friend for 32 years,4 children and an exciting life...I LOVE him and he completes me. I am wild and crazy and he keeps me out of jail!:bigsmile:
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My wife is not just my better 1/2, she is truely my other 1/2. Best thing to ever happen to me with my kids.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    me me me! I have an amazing husband. In just a few weeks(the 2nd) we will be celebrating 19 years together and 16 married. He is my best friend in the world. We have been through hell and back and refuse to ever quit on each other. Is he perfect, nope, am I, nope but we are perfect together! We have 5 amazing children together and life couldn't be any better :)
  • LittleLessCurves
    Options
    thats very sweet :)
    ive been with my boyfriend for almost 7 years.i know that feeling of being with some who fits perfectly with me, we fight but man oh man i love him!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I hope you all appreciate your significant other's........or you just might be wasting your time! Love and marriages to you all!
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    In six years together (dating and married), my husband and I have between us lost four grandparents. We've planned a wedding, painted two houses outside, and most of two inside (not hired painters, painted it ourselves or with help), moved cities once and house three times, adopted nine pets, rehomed two, and put two to sleep due to illness. I've had four surgeries, he's had two. We've each changed jobs once, visited two other countries and six states together. We've seen my daughter through her teen years together, and he adopted her a few years back.

Through all of these challenges and more, the daily trials of a two-career family, a fixer home, and a large, busy extended family, we've always been able to work together and see eye-to-eye on what needs to be done. He's been supportive through my illnesses, taking care of me, picking up slack when I couldn't do things, and helping me talk to doctors. He is great at encouraging me in all my goals, even when I feel like I'm more talk than action. We have the same warped sense of humor, and a shared set of interests like sailing, reading, technology, and science-fiction. I can argue with him, which is something I can't say about a lot of other people. He's been a terrific father to my daughter. I really couldn't ask for a better partner, and he feels the same way about me.
  • msdeeb
    msdeeb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much live in the atmosphere :-) my husband & best friend for 25 yrs I thank God for him, he prays for me everyday!
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I feel the same way....I know my SO is my soulmate and the perfect person for me. We drive each other crazy but we wouldn't have it any other way. He is my rock. When we first got together I had major surgery, he was by my side every step of the way...holding my hand and encouraging me. He dealt with the grossness, the embarassing side of the surgery and really made me feel like I could continue on. He has been with me through a serious illness that left me in the hospital. He would kiss me and tell me I was beautiful even with an NG tube coming out my nose....The poor man has dealt with so much and each time he says "It's ok babe, we got through it before we can do it again". Just last week I had to have hip surgery and he was by my side yet again and has been taking care of me, encouraging me and I know he will do the same throughout this recovery as he did the last one. Thank you for starting this thread...I'm so thankful to have someone i truly appreciate and I'm glad to share that with others :)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    my husband irritates me, gets on my nerves, and is the total opposite.....but thats why we laugh so hard we cry, he says the craziest stuff to me, and hes so funny. i think thats why we work so well, im loud an crazy, hes quiet and laid back, so we make up for what the other lacks.

I l:heart: ve him, I think hes gorgeous.hes been mine for 16 years, and I will always be his, until Im gone from this place. I couldnt picture being married to anyone else but him.
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    My boyfriend is amazing. We fell for eachother at the most inopportune time, right before we both left for college. Though we had both originally intended to date around in college after ****ty high school relationships, once we fell for eachother, we were committed. We found a way to go to school in the same city, and he's stuck with me through the insane transition of living under your parents roof on their dime, to under my own roof on my dime. And right at the same time, my depressive disorder hit harder than ever. I spent countless nights stuck between either sobbing for no reason or staring blankly at walls for hours, unable to sleep. He stuck with me through it all, constantly being there to promise it would get better. And it did. He really is my best friend and my anchor in this world. I'm still young, and i'm not so naive to be sure that we'll be together forever-- but he will forever have set the bar high for my standards as an intelligent, witty, sexy, down-to-earth, and supportive man. Can't believe what fools I used to go for before him :noway: