Zero Points Plus CAKE! :)

Replies

• kathrine90
    kathrine90 Posts: 89 Member
    bump
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    What is this angel food? Is it American? I've never heard of it.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member

I can't tell what country you are from but if you are Aussie the supermarkets sell boxes of them. It's a low fat cake mix.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    It's a flavor of cake. It's white and spongy.
    angel-food-cake-plain.jpg
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    My two cake mixes are mixed together (angel food and chocolate) and I keep them stored in a mason jar in the pantry. When I'm in the mood for something sweet...3-2-1...waalaa!!
  • koonmom
    koonmom Posts: 9 Member
    I'm on WW too. I've gotta have this!
  • The 3-2-1 cakes on WW are either 2, 3, or 4 points, depending on which flavor cake mix you add to the angel food. For lowest points, choose one with no pudding in the mix (2pts.)

I love cooking a chocolate / angel food mini cake in a custard cup, remove onto a small plate and slightly cool. Add a dollop of fat free cool whip and a little drizzle of chocolate syrup! Wow! Looks just like a restaurant dessert.
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    bump
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    29386022_8661.jpg
    I just made this with a chocolate cake and the angel food and it was excellent. I have to get some low cal frozen yogurt to go with it and this will be my go to treat for when I need a reward. Just need to be careful to not reward myself to often. LOL

Betty Crocker low fat angel food and Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake worked out to 131 calories per serving. I'm sure I could find lower calorie cakes but this combo was so good. I thought even better than regular cake. It was so light and fluffy.
  • Mmmmmegan
    Mmmmmegan Posts: 50 Member
    bump. 150ish for an individual treat is perfect!
  • JLjmckesson
    JLjmckesson Posts: 31 Member
    bump
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Thank you so much for posting this....tried it a couple of days ago and it was AWESOME, especially with some fat free cool whip. Problem was - it was so good, I had 2 lol...but still stayed within my cals for the day:)

I figure even if it's 150, it's still so much better than some little 100 calorie granola bar/snack which doesn't even compare....
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    bump
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    bump for later :)
  • katemiller7
    katemiller7 Posts: 3 Member
    What if u use sprite 0?
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    bump for later

sounds delicious
  • brianburkett
    brianburkett Posts: 32 Member
    I just made up a batch with angel food and fanfetti cake mix but the calories are 120 per cake(thats three tablespoons)
    IT'S NOT VERY LOW CALORIE AT ALL!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks for sharing! My hubby is always asking for cake. While I enjoy cake once in awhile, making a whole one for the two of us is too much (especially since we both should be cutting back!) :happy:
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Thanks for posting!
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    I make this all the time! I love it. Its perfect when you want a little something sweet.