Do you get along with your inlaws........

Options
Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
Every time I have to visit them, which is every second Sunday, I want to claw my eyes out.

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Yes..... My husband's mothers side is super fun... his dad's side, more quiet and kind of boring. lol But all quite nice.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Yes! Mine are great, I love them, and they are such wonderful grandparents to my son.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Love my mother in law. She's a warm, caring woman.

My father in law? Not so much. :laugh:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Not in the slightest... I do my very best to be polite and to expect nothing from them at all. Other alternative is get drunk and avoid them as best i can. lol
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,725 Member
    Options
    dull spoon to my eyes, spleen, kidney, whatever
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Yes! we get along famously...but his stepmother is a different story...for everyone.:huh: Not that were buddy buddy, we all just avoid her...shes too up-a-boojie for us. not thats she rich, she just cant go in a 99 cent store, its beneath her.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yep! They're great! :heart:

It helps that they live 200 miles away, though.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I really, really disliked my mother-in-law (now EX). One year at Christmas she was telling me that mimosas where the only way she got through holidays with her in-laws. Once I learned that secreat things got a little better!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    NO. I tolerate them, at best. Thankfully, they're not a close family. Close in proximity, only, yet we only see them at holidays and maybe one other time during the year.

When we were first married, I made all kinds of attempts to get together, visit, throughout the year. I felt like I was banging my head against the wall. They won't plan more than like a day in advance. Or they cancel last minute. So I just gave up. The last 3 or so years, I see them at holidays and maybe one other time in the summer.
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    NO!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Love my in-laws! It's a good thing we do get along so well, they live just down the road. :smile:

My mother-in-law is a fabulous human being and they're great grandparents to Squirt.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Yes and no, I guess.

I only get to see my mother-in-law and she's really difficult at times. She seems really sweet at the outset, but it's not long before you see through the guise. Lately she's taken to asking my husband about every little thing. It's like she's trying to rein in the apron strings a little more. -_-
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nope. My MIL is bi-polar, so I never know if I'm going to get happy, fun MIL or "I don't think you like me very much" whiny MIL or "Everything you say offends me and I'm going to stop speaking to you for 6 months" angry MIL. Therefore, I dread talking to her.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Every time I have to visit them, which is every second Sunday, I want to claw my eyes out.

Me too ;). Mine are very passive aggressive. I could go on and on. The holidays are the hardest.:grumble:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am totally FOR families getting along and working together,
    However, I am with you on this.
    I had to laugh because I felt the same way.
    If it is not productive for your own family (you, your wife, and children), then, I say, feel free to skip it!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    My wife's parents re divorced....have been for many years. Her dad....great man. Kinda guy you can go grab a beer with and just talk. Her mom....not so much. I tolerate her. That's the kindest thing i can come up with.
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    YES! I LOVE my inlaws! They are the only older couple I know that are still happily married, so I really admire them for that. Plus they are wonderful grandparents to my children!
  • strongershell
    Options
    I could not have asked for better in-laws!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yes. Always have. Even before marriage. They were not a tight family before I came around and was pregnant with their grandchild ...and after that our daughter brought the family really close. Yet Sometimes like your own family you wanna scream 'shut up" or "r u serious" but with in-laws its tough to say things you would to your own mother/father...:)

Yet we always get along and they always wanna help when we lived in Ohio...now that we live outta state again we don't see them very much.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my in-laws!!! :)