Replies

• Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'd hop right in if I drank any soda ))
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i've already done this....like back in January.....i dropped 8lbs in less than a month....the only time i drink any sort of pop is coke zero and its accompanied by rum LOL
    *edit to add that this was regular pop not diet...as i never drank diet pop before just didnt like the taste but i do like the taste of coke zero...not that the tastes matters when rum is involved haha*
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just quit a 24 year habit 10 days ago so I'll join in 10 days ahead of the game. However, we won't really know any long term benefits, if ever. So basically you're just talking cravings, weight, etc. correct?
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    my (water weight) and tummy go down significantly even after only 5 days of no diet-coke.

would LOVE to try it as well, but i rely on a diet coke or seltzer & vodka as an occasional cocktail..

can we say no more than 2-3 glasses per week??
  • 192orbust
    Options
    Sign me up - I ll do my best . . . 30 days to a better me . . .
  • jonilynn70
    Options
    i've already done this....like back in January.....i dropped 8lbs in less than a month....the only time i drink any sort of pop is coke zero and its accompanied by rum LOL

Coke Zero is the same as diet coke though. Just a different taste. Still all the chemicals, caffeine, and artificial sweeteners. And good job for quitting!!!
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....after I finish the 2 liter of Coke Zero in my fridge.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I rarely or ever drink soda. Somehow I'm inspired now to do a drink diet soda every day for 30 days challenge.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    ohh i know its the same it does have a different taste though...thats what always got me with diet ccoke....the taste i have NOTHING against diet pops...i dont think its evil or anything no worse than anything else we put into our bodies and things we are around (fast food, processed foods, cell phones, laptops etc etc the list can go on and on)
  • nahiluoh
    nahiluoh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in...starting tomorrow!
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You'll feel the fat in your bones melt off

You must've been on the other Diet Soda thread XD

I've been pop/soda free for over a month. My go to drinks are water, tea and a very small mug of decaf coffee at work. I wish I had noted how I felt days/weeks before I stopped, but I don't have as many (or even ANY) headaches. I have IBS, so I should've been on the non-pop train a loooong time ago, but I admit I was hooked.
  • jonilynn70
    Options
    I'm one of those who, for personal reasons, believes that Diet Soda/Drinks are poison. I don't drink it, don't buy it and I don't encourage my family to either. But I have nothing against regular soda in general ... other that I know it is packed with sugar and calories. Which isnt the best for those of us who have a tendency to overindulge.

That said, I am an admitted Root Beer-o-holic and decided to cut back years ago when I was on weight watchers ... It's been now been so long since I've had one that I can barely remember how one taste. Thats good I guess.

Also ... I know that if I get a craving ... more for the carbonation than anything else these days, I drink soda or tonic water with lemon. That seems to help and is a nice change from just water. Most soda machines dispense plain soda water, which makes it nice when you are out and you don't want tea

Opting for regular soda over diet soda is only eliminating the artificial sweeteners and is bringing in real sugar. There's no health alternative by switching. It's basically eliminate all or not.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Has anyone who has done this seen a difference in weight or appearance?

I plateaued and cut diet coke out of my diet. I was drinking at least three a day. I dropped 8 more pounds. I don't know if there's any legit science behind it, but it worked for me. Good luck!!
  • SamanthaC1
    Options
    I will do it! How do i join this group?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Drinking soda diet or other wise seems to be a very personal decision and people get all fired up like you started talking about religion or politics.

My challenge to you is stop drinking all soda, diet or otherwise for 30 days. Don't change anything else in your routine. Eat the same, exercise the same and come back and tell me what you experienced.

Anyone game?
    I will not give up Pepsi Max....NO NO NO! :happy: I will, however, give my left arm in exchange.
  • jonilynn70
    Options
    ohh i know its the same it does have a different taste though...thats what always got me with diet ccoke....the taste i have NOTHING against diet pops...i dont think its evil or anything no worse than anything else we put into our bodies and things we are around (fast food, processed foods, cell phones, laptops etc etc the list can go on and on)

Yes I found it to have the real coke taste so I never got into the zero thing after acquiring the taste for the diet. And yes indeed, I agree - I wish I could eliminate all bad from my life! I need a bigger challenge!! But baby steps at least puts us in the right direction.
  • lindsaygettingfit
    Options
    I'm in! I really need to clean up what I drink, because I love soda (diet and non-diet) so much! Water, water, water!
  • Darhep
    Darhep Posts: 25
    Options
    I am also game. I go between Diet Pepsi and Coke Zero. I have not had any since the weekend. Although I drink a lot of crystal light ice tea. Wonder if I should get rid of that as well, or at least limit the amount that I drink. Any thoughts???
  • 1feliciarenee
    1feliciarenee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its going to be really hard for me since I am so use to drinking diet anything. In fact, I am having a diet coke now. However, I am going to make it my business to complete this challange starting after I finish this bottle of course. Here I go......
  • johnsjes
    johnsjes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm game. (Once I finish the alst Diet Dr. Pepper I have for lunch right now.) I've been meaning to get rid of artificial sweeteners, but pop is just so good!