Will you log forever?

Options

Replies

• Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I expect to log food and exercise indefinitely. I am ok with that. The app makes it easy.
    My BMR goes down as I age, calories burned decrease as I become lighter and fitter, I try new food and recipes ......so I have lots of good reasons to log forever while Mfp is free.
  • Carrma77
    Carrma77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will log for life. I had a therapist once who was 250+ pounds at one point in her life. One day she decided to start making a list of everything she was going to eat and she not only lost weight, but keeps it off after decades. I will log for life and enjoy a longer, healthier one as a result. I disagree that it feels like jail...it makes you accountable and we do other things that are less rewarding everyday, so why not something that benefits us?
  • Carrma77
    Carrma77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's the best free thing we can for ourselves for sure.
  • blasiansrus
    Options
    I hope not. I've been logging since July 2011 (i got to 390 days logging & missed a day sadly), but I honestly would love to begin eating intuitively once more. Once I reach my GW or graduate(whichever comes last), I'll probably eat intuitively & just log after the end of the day just to be sure I'm not overdoing it. The only reason I still log daily is because I have to for my senior project (this or write everything down & estimate calories...uh no thanks, too much effort)
    If not for school, I'd be obsessively using this sight to feed unhealthy habits (eating just enough to get my macros right, but still eat as little as possible on top of exercising way too much), so I'd like to let that go & leave it behind in high school
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A few years ago when I lost 60+ pounds, I quit logging and gained most of it back. Lesson learned... if I'm going to keep it off, I need to log. It's very easy to slip back into bad habits after a year or two of weight loss and no tracking; a few chips becomes an entire bag all too easily. o.o
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging forever....
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I definately will be for as long as I am able to.
    I know myself too well to quit logging. It is what keeps me on track, and for me it definately works.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yup I am 10 lbs shy from my ultimate weight loss goal. I do not plan on to stop logging after I hit it. I enjoy knowing what I am eating and how much I've eaten for the day. There is a reason I was over weight before, there is a reason I was obese before. I ate carelessly and I refuse to let myself go back there and by not logging I'm saying "Oh you are done, you can now do what you wish with food." no I am in control over what I eat and the only way I can really have control over that is knowing what I have ate. I enjoy logging my food before I start the day and at the end of the day then clicking the button to post to all my friends, it's a game for me to see if I can stick with what I naturally logged in at the start of the day, I will not push the button till the last meal is eaten or in process of being eaten.
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    yes, I will log forever. I have to. Even the bad days ... I have to log every day.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I've logged 350 and will probably have the same habits for a good part of my life. I've been tracking my calories and food for the past 3 or 4 years
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not
  • vcrn2004
    Options
    I agree. I believe I would not have been as successful in my weight loss journey without logging in each day. It has kept me on track. It is such a habit for me now. Not sure what I will do regarding log ins when I meet my goal, however it is something to think about to help maintain your goal.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and plan to keep logging. I don't want to wake up fat again.
  • jabbajazzie
    Options
    Logging on to MFP has now become so routine for me that I don't even second guess it. And I've only been doing this for 35 or so days. I've had better success in weight loss by using MFP for the past month than I've had on my own for the past 3 or 4 years. It keeps me grounded and aware of what I'm eating and how much I'm working out, and I know it's working; 7lbs down in 4 weeks?! Amazing! MFP for life! lol
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes in one way or another. It's a huge weight loss tool for me!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I am a creature of habit and very routine-oriented. Being a routine-oriented individual is what has allowed me to lose my 130 lbs without motivation being much of a factor (as they say, Motivation gets you started but habit is what keeps you going). Reaching a level of fitness I can be happy with won't change the fact that I've fallen into a routine and it puts me at ease to keep at it.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've lost and regained more than 100 pounds twice because I knew how to diet but not how to eat. I feel like logging is teaching me how to eat and I may just need the security blanket of knowing where I stand day to day. I don't find it a hardship or like a punishment, but like it's something that keeps me from lying to myself. Reality rocks.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you consume 100 calories more than you need per day. You will gain 10 pounds in a year. Before logging I was easily eating 200-300 more than I needed. I plan on logging and being active forever.
  • leafry62
    leafry62 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep logging is for me the only way to go. Whenever I have tried to lose weight and have logged I lose it when I stop eventually it gets away from me again. Logging keeps me honest even when I am a bit naughty. Woo hoo got to love logging.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Most likely. If I keep up with logging long enough to lose my weight, I will log forever probably. Or at least every time I start noticing scale creep.