Will you log forever?

Options
123457»

Replies

• lauracljc
    Options
    I like the accountability that logging gives me; I will continue to log; not for weight loss but for making good decisions with what I eat. It's similar to logging your spending; when you see where you're spending you're money, you're more apt to start spending it wisely
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I realized today - as I'm now at 110 days logging - that I may be doing this for the rest of my life.
    I never thought of it...but I truly believe that I've seen the success I have seen thus far BECAUSE I am logging.

Is anyone else thinking this will need to be a lifelong commitment?

Forever. I logged my food in 2007 and lost 38 pounds. When I got to maintenance, I let someone else convince me that logging is "weird" so I decided to just estimate in my head. I gained back 23 of the 38 pounds.

In November of last year I started logging again. I lost 40 pounds by May and went on maintenance. I'm still logging because now I realize that if I stop doing what got me here in the first place, it will all come back.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    As long as I have to. I typically manage to gain 20-25 pounds every winter, and then I spend half the summer trying to get it off. I am so freaking sick of it.
    I'm going to log until I can hang out through the holidays without gaining.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Always! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    If you consume 100 calories more than you need per day. You will gain 10 pounds in a year. Before logging I was easily eating 200-300 more than I needed. I plan on logging and being active forever.

Wow now that's sobering! X
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I probably wont log forever. Doing this has given me a good understanding of portion size and whats high or low in calories. If i see that i'm gaining a couple of lbs then i'll log again until im back where i want to be.