Husband don't like skinny women

Options
So my Husband is the type of man that don't like skinny women. He likes his women with a little meat on them. He don't like them fat or anything but def. not skinny. I have gotta lose weight for my health, me, and our future baby (so I can have a healthy pregnancy). Its still in the back of my head that he won't like the new me. And I know I shouldn't worry about this but I don't wanna lose him. He says he will still love me but I don't want it to change things between us.

Am I the only one that feels this way? Has anyone else has this problem?

Replies

• Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I feel like in general people resent me for trying to lose weight...it''s a subconscious jealousy thing.

My boyfriend is the biggest sabotage of all...making incredibly unhealthy (delicious) dinners that I can't have.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My fiance loves me for me and supports me in all I do. I also need to lose weight to have a healthy future pregnancy and he and I would do anything to have a healthy child, if that means me dropping 100 pounds, he's right there with me.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    So don't get skinny. Get thin and healthy and preserve your muscle mass.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just read that you were diagnosed with diabetes too. If he can't support you losing weight to better yourself and lengthen your life then it doesn't seem like a great situation.

If he loves you now he will love you when you're fit.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your hubby thinks you look beautiful and wants you to know that he likes you this way :)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    wow.. if he married you, he shouldn't want to divorce you because you got skinny. Good God... My husband doesn't like skinny chicks either but I'm not afraid of losing him. If you're afraid of it, are you sure YOU really want to be with HIM?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    A lot of guys say the "no skinny" thing because they just can't deal with the hassle of watching calories, etc...
    Do what you need to do, skinny doesn't happen overnight, I am sure you will find some common ground.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If he loves you, he will love you for you. Skinny or large :)
    It shouldn't change just because your size has :)
    If it's for your health and your babies health then that is a pretty good reason to get healthy!

xx
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You should do what's best for you your baby's health... If losing weight is what is needed, your husband should support that. If he is not supportive of what is best for you and the baby, you have bigger issues than your weight.

I would suggest that you talk to him about the reasons why you want to lose weight and ask him to help you. Good luck with your pregnancy! :smile:
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My ex was the same way, but he was supportive of my weight loss. He knew that I wanted to look a certain way and that it made me feel better about myself. Even though he preferred me a little heavier, he was still attracted to me and felt the same way about me.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think he's going to love you no matter what! You're going to have a certain amount of weight gain from being pregnant -- but if you're under your doctor's supervision to lose while pregnant .. kudos to you!

You must do what's best and healthy for YOU .. and I believe your husband will accept the HEALTHY you and love you just as much! :heart:
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i know OP is serious...but still, this is so silly!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I think if you're hubby truly loves you, size won't matter!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Don't get "skinny". I just read that you have diabetes so definitely need to get that under control before considering getting pregnant. Jut eat well, exercise to maintain muscle and get healthy and fit, that is the aim, not skinny.

Good luck
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Even if you lose weight you are still YOU. If he finds you unattractive because now you're healthy then he's a poor husband that doesn't want the best for you. In which case, you should leave him. He sucks.
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Looking at your "goal weight" I would think that unless you're about 7 foot tall you'd still have lovely curves and you will be healty inside and out :-)

One question though:
    When he asked you "will you marry me?" was it conditional, eg "Will you marry me, but make sure you stay a size [whatever] and your boobs don't sag and you don't get too wrinkly please once you hit retirement age?"

Cos I'm pretty sure that most people don't get a conditional proposal.... so I'm going to go ahead and just assume that your husband loves you for you.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers bigger women... However, he loves me regardless of my size weather its 100pounds or 1000 .... He wants to me to be healthy and thats it oh and he says to keep my boobs lol.
  • Flyered_Up
    Options
    i know OP is serious...but still, this is so silly!
    This!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you have to do what's right for you. My wife is jealous of my success at weightloss. But ya know what I'm doing it for me!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Don't get "skinny". I just read that you have diabetes so definitely need to get that under control before considering getting pregnant. Jut eat well, exercise to maintain muscle and get healthy and fit, that is the aim, not skinny.

Good luck

I agree totally! And I also would encourage you to speak honestly with him about your feelings before you bring a child into this crazy world! Good Luck!