Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Don't lose hope.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Two days is a drop in the bucket of 365..... get back on it tomorrow! You can do it! It's the first day back that's the hardest, but you can do it. You're the only person standing in the way of what you want to accomplish! :)

Exactly. The only way you fail is if you give up.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    No willpower ?

They really need to make the fat tax. This days people only seem to care about money, so that will save healthcare spending and will yield extra taxes from obese.(who obviously have money for food)
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You can choose that attitude or look back on that statement a year from now and be happy that you stuck with it, through THICK and THIN!! Your choice! I am sure glad of my choice :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooo! Do not give up! I felt the same way at times! Take things one day at a time! Create and stick with healthy habits and you will be shocked where you can be in a year!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've been at this since March of last year and I'm still not at my goal. I am 60 lbs down though, which I wouldn't be if I just said "screw it" the first time I had a bad day or two. If you keep trying, you'll get there eventually.

Amen. One or two or even three days isn't going to wreck everything unless you allow it to. Just pick yourself up and keep trying again. Obviously you can do it if you've already lost weight (which according to your ticker, you have! And that's great!!).

I'd like to meet one person who has had a perfect diet and workout every single day. Then I would tell them to loosen up ;).
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've been at this since March of last year and I'm still not at my goal. I am 60 lbs down though, which I wouldn't be if I just said "screw it" the first time I had a bad day or two. If you keep trying, you'll get there eventually.

every word was the exact thought I had. I've been stuck for 2 months, waffling between 50 and 60lbs lost. I've had days where I've been bad but I NEVER thought of giving up. A bad day is a bad day - but if you want it, you do it. It's that simple.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I should mention, it's feeling impossible because I can't AFFORD healthy food. I can't AFFORD a gym pass. All I can do walk, I can't run because I don't have a proper bra, which I need. I can't afford one. Don't even have runners. All the food I have is salty and bad...

If you are looking for someone to give you permission to quite you aren't going to find it here. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and looking for excuses. Either take responsibility for yourself and do this or don't.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Okay my love first things first...stop making excuses! You don't need an expensive gym pass or over priced 'healthy' foods. Walking for 60 minus a day at a pace that makes you breathless but you can still talk can burn up to and over 700 calories.

Gym memberships are over rated. Want to lift weights..get a couple cans of soup. Want to use the elliptical..go up and down two or the same steps for 15 minutes. Want a treadmill..go outside and walk.

As for the not being able to afford healthy foods..that is bull. I feed my family of three very healthy well balanced meals on a budget of $200 a month. It all comes down to wise spending. Instead of fresh veggies go with frozen..same for meats. Store brand is just as good as name brand but a whole lot cheaper.

If you can't afford a good bra, wrap them girls up tight in an ace bandage. Make yourself a workout jar. Each time you workout for at least an hour drop a dollar in it. If you do it every day for a month..get a good bra. Same for shoes.
    Workout shoes don't have to be expensive but have to be comfortable.

Until you stop feeling sorry for yourself, and quit making excuses, this will be hard.

I love to help people any way I can. Feel free to friend me. Also check it my pages for a little help.

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/MommyWeighLess?ref=stream&__user=663949770

Mommyweighless.Blogspot.com

Liz

I love this comment. <3
  • Cortln
    Cortln Posts: 5
    Options
    Love this reply, I'm in the same boat as the girl who started this convo. I'd looooove to know how you have a $200 a month budget on groceries!!!!
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    We all have those days! I lost a total of 40 pounds and gained 7 back. I went off the site for a while and felt sorry for myself. But I'm back again and refuse to give up so now I'm back on the wagon and losing again. You can too.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ate like a cow today, second day in a row...Losing motivation.

I honestlyjmight just give up on the whole weight loss thing and admit I will be fat forever.

You choose to be fat or fit. You are not cursed with it. Make the right choice.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I should mention, it's feeling impossible because I can't AFFORD healthy food. I can't AFFORD a gym pass. All I can do walk, I can't run because I don't have a proper bra, which I need. I can't afford one. Don't even have runners. All the food I have is salty and bad...

If you are looking for someone to give you permission to quite you aren't going to find it here. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and looking for excuses. Either take responsibility for yourself and do this or don't.

this.

if you found money to buy crappy found, you can find money to buy good healthy food.

and who doesn't own even one pair of sneakers?
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This is only going to happen when you want it to happen, is that today? When that time comes, you will STOP making excuses!
    YOU CAN DO THIS!
    Okay my love first things first...stop making excuses! You don't need an expensive gym pass or over priced 'healthy' foods. Walking for 60 minus a day at a pace that makes you breathless but you can still talk can burn up to and over 700 calories.

Gym memberships are over rated. Want to lift weights..get a couple cans of soup. Want to use the elliptical..go up and down two or the same steps for 15 minutes. Want a treadmill..go outside and walk.

As for the not being able to afford healthy foods..that is bull. I feed my family of three very healthy well balanced meals on a budget of $200 a month. It all comes down to wise spending. Instead of fresh veggies go with frozen..same for meats. Store brand is just as good as name brand but a whole lot cheaper.

If you can't afford a good bra, wrap them girls up tight in an ace bandage. Make yourself a workout jar. Each time you workout for at least an hour drop a dollar in it. If you do it every day for a month..get a good bra. Same for shoes.
    Workout shoes don't have to be expensive but have to be comfortable.

Until you stop feeling sorry for yourself, and quit making excuses, this will be hard.

I love to help people any way I can. Feel free to friend me. Also check it my pages for a little help.

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/MommyWeighLess?ref=stream&__user=663949770

Mommyweighless.Blogspot.com

Liz

^^^YOU ARE AWESOME^^^
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'll play devil's advocate..... Yep, go ahead an quit, reverse any positive effects of anything you've done right so far. Have a bad attitude, run up your medical expenses too. Might as well start smoking if you don't already too. Heck, for two bad days, when you have a lifetime of bad habits to change... quitting is SO the right thing to do!

I grew up being told "Excuses are like A**es, everyone has one!"

Before you can change your behavior, you have to change your attitude.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Ate like a cow today, second day in a row...Losing motivation.

I honestlyjmight just give up on the whole weight loss thing and admit I will be fat forever.

Stop choosing to eat crap food and too much of it....thus stopping this whole "I'll be fat forever" mentality.

The only thing keeping you fat is you.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

this.

if you found money to buy crappy found, you can find money to buy good healthy food.

and who doesn't own even one pair of sneakers?

She's better of just quitting. Go ahead hon, you didn't really want it anyway, did you? It's okay. Just quit.

::shrugs::
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    You will do what you want no matter what we tell you

bottom line

If you want it bad enough you will do this...... You will find a way . Its not going to magically happen .
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I read this on your profile...

Why I Want To Get In Shape:
    To prove to myself that I am worth it, that I can succeed and that I deserve to be healthy and to feel beautiful.

Don't you still believe all those things? You should. I'm sure the people that love you, your family and friends, would totally say you are worth it!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Vegetables, eggs, bread, and peanut butter. Beans and rice.

Squats, lunges, situps, dips, pushups.

Repeat!

You can do it!