Food you would drive two hours for?

Options

Replies

• fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    There is an ice cream shop 2 1/2 hours north of me that has UNBELIEVABLE homemade ice cream. I'm getting them to cater the dessert for my wedding :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    A nice ghost pepper burrito.

dont know if you are a fan of spicy food like me but were as disappointed as i was when you finally had ghost peppers? with food they are not that hot at all...the only way to really feel them is to eat one raw. even then its not that bad.

i want to try the worlds hottest pepper(trinidad moruga scorpion) hopefully its a lot hotter.

I'm not sure if you knew this, but the heat of the chili depends on the time of year that it is picked. The colder the weather in which the chili is harvested, the more spicy the pepper. You might have tried it at the wrong time of year.... Ghost peppers in the winter are the 3rd hottest in the world, halfway to government-issue pepper spray potency.

i did not know that. very interesting. thanks! ill give them a try a few times every season and see if i can tell. :)
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You have NO IDEA! I moved from Ct to San Fran and I MISS NY STYLE PIZZA SOOOO MUCH!!!
  • TNcrafter
    Options
    Pizza King's Royal feast in Indiana
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    Dude, you can get some good pizza in SF from some thin-crust spots all over North Beach. It's a tad thinner than NY, but close to what you get in Italy.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Skyline Chili. I live in SD, used to live in OH where they have that and would DIE for it.
  • lillypadstudio
    lillypadstudio Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    El Taco Anaheim, CA they have the best green quesadillas (grew up with them) everytime I go to LA I make a special trip to Anaheim.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Chicken and waffles at Roscoe's. I thought about driving up to Oakland for it but found out that they are closed, and the chicken and waffles place up there isn't as good from what I've heard. Roscoe's in Long Beach is so good, you will slap yourself. You will slap your mama.

I SO TOTALLY AGREE. I actually fly there to get Roscoe's and In and Out from Seattle
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    OK two hour drive...well it's almost 3 hours back when gas was cheap, after getting off work at midnight a few of us would pile in my car and drive to Chicago for White Castle Sliders, or over to Rockford to Beef-a-Roos, Then hit Crispy Cremes on the way home. Can't do that now gas is too high...not to mention all the calories..whew no wonder I'm fat.
  • ready4fit
    Options
    A &W Cheese fries or cheese curds! I don't eat at any other fast food restaurants! It's my complete weakness!
  • emmajohnson747
    emmajohnson747 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My fam and I used to go up to Zehnders in Frankenmuth,MI it was a two hour drive for the best chicken dinner of your life!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    BBQ (in a few remote Texas cities)
    Campisi's (in Dallas)
    My moms cooking (near Austin)

That's about it!
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A Googie Burger veg out burger...there's only one Googie Burger...in Hotlanta...and I live in Virginia :sad:
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    PF Changs and thinking about it there is one about 2 hours away and I am due for a treat :P
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My fam and I used to go up to Zehnders in Frankenmuth,MI it was a two hour drive for the best chicken dinner of your life!

Lived in Michigan for a year and was able to go to Frankenmuth. I LOVE that place!!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If I could drive two hours to eat the Strudel I had in Berlin, I would. Unfortunately it would take longer than that.
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Popeye's chicken

Drive to Rochester, NY which was 4 hours away from where I lived just for Popeyes!
  • heater26
    Options
    A dirty water dog in the City
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    In-N-Out currently about a 5 hour flight-Double double please
    Soggy Dollar Jost Van *kitten* half day travel to BVI- Roti of the day please and a painkiller
    Beach Bar St. John USVI half day travel, but worth it for anything on the menu
    Sparky's Landing Marathon, Fl for the fish tacos
    Grills Riverside/ or at the Port near Cocoa Beach-just an hour, but worth it for the food and view
    Ravenous Pig in Winter Park, Fl only 20 min, but feels like a 2 hour drive-shrimp and grits or a Pub Burger with truffle fries
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    None!!!!!!! lol