Women - are you walking or jogging at 4mph?

Replies

• pouncepet
    pouncepet Posts: 72 Member
    Im 5'5 and that is a fast walk. By 4.2-4.45 I am jogging (depending on the way I feel that day-some days are easier than others). I generally stick to 3.5mph (occasionally bumping up to 3.8) and walk fast comfortably
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    4 mph is definitely a jog for me. With only a 29 inseam, I'm pretty short. And it's painful to try and "walk" at that speed, so i turn it into a jog
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    I'm walking briskly at 4mph, walking very briskly at 4.5mph and that's as high as I've gone so far. Below 3mph is uncomfortably slow to walk at, 3.5mph is my most natural walking speed.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    I start jogging at 4.5 and run at 6. I prefer walking at 3.5.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    I am 4'11" with short, stubby legs and that would be a jog for me. I am not a fast runner but I do my best! My son is much taller than I am and when we do hill work, I am running as fast as I can while he walks comfortably beside me~no fair!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    I can walk at 4.5mph, but it's really fast. 4.0 is a normal fast-paced walk for me. 5'5, but I don't have very short legs.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    becauserthe treadmill are set at km per hour Im not surer I know I run at 8.5-9 km !:smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    walking. i dont reach jogging level until i get to 5.1

i'm 5'5 and more than half of that is leg
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    I'm 5'2" with very short legs and 4 MPH is a slow jog/trot not a full on run. I comfortably walk up to 3.5 - 3.8
  • 05suu
    05suu Posts: 90 Member
    Depends if the treadmill measures in Kilometers or miles???
    Ours are in kilometers so at 4 would only be 2. something miles....:smile:
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    I actually run quite a bit at a good clip, but must admit that at my 5'1" height, 4.0 has me jogging already. It probably has a lot to do with my stride, but when I try to walk it, I'm tripping. :)
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    i start jogging at 5. but that kind of half/half uncoordinated jog.
    anything below 5.5 is too uncomfortable.
    i usually run at around 6.

but im 5'8. (i had to convert this all from km lol)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    this is a fast paced walk for me :)
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    This is a fast paced walk for me.I fluctuate from 4.0 to 3.5,changing the incline.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    I'm 5ft and 4mph is walking for me, very quick walking though!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    (i had to convert this all from km lol)

Same!
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    I am 5'0", short-waisted, so my legs are proportionally long. I've done 4.0 at a fast walk. I don't think I could walk at a much faster rate than that. I have maintained the 4.0 at most for 30 minutes, then I have to slow it down to 3.8 or 3.6.
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    I'm 5'1.5" and 4.0 is a fast walk. I'm still walking at 4.2. It's around 4.3 that I would have to jog. But, I currently jog at 4.5, except when doing intervals. Then I jog at 6.0. And I have short legs and a long torso. However, I think everyone is obviously different. And if you are jogging at 4.0 you will burn more calories than if you walk 4.0.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    4pmh is no man's land for me, LOL.
    I almost can't jog that slow; it feels so awkward. But it's painfully difficult to walk that speed for any length of time.

This! X
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    I'm 5'11 so I have long legs and 4 mph is a just normal comfortable pace for me (i.e. 99% of the time; not a leisure walk,). If I was doing power-walking or really pushing it I would probably get up to 4.5, possibly.

My last boyfriend actually complained that I "made him walk": I never knew if he was complaining about the walking itself or my pace. :laugh:

Addendum: it seems most of the ladies who have answered this question are all under 5'5--I feel like an amazon being almost 6 feet tall! :laugh: