Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options

Replies

• Sirxx99
    Sirxx99 Posts: 43
    Options
    Expressing milk was a disaster for me, I went back to work when my little one was 11 weeks old and my supply depleted so much I could not feed him naturally anymore. For some expressing milk is not an option. There is also something called nipple confusion. You can google it if you want to know more about it. I really struggled with breastfeeding because I just did not produce enough and I find it sad that there is even a debate about it. It is the most natural thing in the world. I wonder how we ever survived before the invention of bottles and formula.

I dont think the debate is because it is gross... I think more that it is something that could and should be done in private. In the 50's it wasnt acceptable to whip it out in a grocery store. Ladies also stayed home or fed in private then went out to run errands. While I am not offended by someone breastfeeding. I see people compairing restrooms to restraunts. I dont find either of them acceptable. I hope you dont think that washcloth was freshly washed and clean that they just wiped your table down with spreading around all the dirty water and germs it has on it or the guy who is coughing with the flu spreading around everywhere is more clean than the bathroom.

Every situation is different with every baby. Mothers know what they are and should know how to work around them and the time schedule. So why is there an excuse as to why it is ok to be lazy?
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Expressing milk was a disaster for me, I went back to work when my little one was 11 weeks old and my supply depleted so much I could not feed him naturally anymore. For some expressing milk is not an option. There is also something called nipple confusion. You can google it if you want to know more about it. I really struggled with breastfeeding because I just did not produce enough and I find it sad that there is even a debate about it. It is the most natural thing in the world. I wonder how we ever survived before the invention of bottles and formula.

I dont think the debate is because it is gross... I think more that it is something that could and should be done in private. In the 50's it wasnt acceptable to whip it out in a grocery store. Ladies also stayed home or fed in private then went out to run errands. While I am not offended by someone breastfeeding. I see people compairing restrooms to restraunts. I dont find either of them acceptable. I hope you dont think that washcloth was freshly washed and clean that they just wiped your table down with spreading around all the dirty water and germs it has on it or the guy who is coughing with the flu spreading around everywhere is more clean than the bathroom.

Every situation is different with every baby. Mothers know what they are and should know how to work around them and the time schedule. So why is there an excuse as to why it is ok to be lazy?

Did i misread or did this person just say breastfeeding in public situations was lazy? I don't want to tap dance all over his *kitten* if i misread. Just saying.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Ladies, do yourself a favor and don't even dignify that with a response.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Did i misread or did this person just say breastfeeding in public situations was lazy? I don't want to tap dance all over his *kitten* if i misread. Just saying.

Tap dance away. :mad:
  • Sirxx99
    Options

well you can read my prev posts. As well.. I never said it was wrong but in most people and most situations it is laziness. Not taking time to plan ahead. Maybe not every situation but most can be done in private. My original post was also about the women complaining about people looking when they are the ones in public. So tap dance away it is my opinion. I have had 2 kids and I was able to plan thier bottles out BEFORE I did what I wanted or needed to do. Babies have a pretty regular time schedule.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am actually speechless, my husband is in shock haha but seriously..... I will take the advice of the guy who said it doesn't require a response. Kudos to all you ladies who choose to breast feed and kudos to all who bottle feed also! We all do the best we can for our children regardless of how we choose to feed them in the end!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

well you can read my prev posts. As well.. I never said it was wrong but in most people and most situations it is laziness. Not taking time to plan ahead. Maybe not every situation but most can be done in private. My original post was also about the women complaining about people looking when they are the ones in public. So tap dance away it is my opinion. I have had 2 kids and I was able to plan thier bottles out BEFORE I did what I wanted or needed to do. Babies have a pretty regular time schedule.

You are very lucky to have babies with regular schedules. I have 8 children and have not had that experience. We are all different. I try to be discreet. I have had children that have no problem allowing me to use a drape or a blanket over them but I have had some that are screaming maniacs if I try a drape. If people stare that is their problem. I also dislike it when people want to bf in public and then complain if someone looks.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I think more that it is something that could and should be done in private.

thedude.jpg

Fortunately, the law isn't on your side. Looks like you'll just have to deal with all those lazy women feeding their babies in public.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Breast feeding is a natural thing. So is pissing and sh*tting.
    Just because it's natural, doesn't mean it should be made public.

If you want to breast feed at the restaurant, the family bathroom is over there.

If you feel that is mean, then fine - I'll start taking a dump on the table in the restaurant and you better hold your tongue.
    Your food is in the toilet. Go eat.

So you can't differentiate a toilet from a bathroom?
    Wow, I'd hate to clean your house.

public toilets do not have lids. Everytime you flush a fine mist of fecal matter and and urine are thrown into the air and on to everything around. The bathroom is no place to be feeding a baby. If you are offended by my breastfeeding go eat your meal in the bathroom.

I love how all of you have said eating in the bathroom is bad because people are dirty. Do you not understand how idiotic your arguments are? You are all proving my point. I love it!

proving you are an idiot is all I see!

Well some people just can't see that good.

Your last statement should say well not good. Some people don't know proper English either.

Okay now you are just being nitpicky

She had no choice in a losing battle. Just look at all of her poor grammar that preceded it.
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It seems as if this topic has veered off the OP's original posting .. The OP was asking about opinions on Breastfeeding Pictures online.

Personally I think that there are too many creepers online to trust that an innocently portrayed photo won't be used for less than innocent purposes.
    What if it was some stranger who snapped a photo of a random woman breastfeeding and then posted it for all to see. Would it still be considered alright?

Breastfeeding IRL in public doesn't bother me, btw.

Breastfeeding is a natural thing, it's part of life. Have photo's in your house of your bonding breastfeeding moments. Feed your baby in public when it's hungry.

Maybe keep the online posting down though. It's unrealistic to expect to post all over FB and have Everyone think it's a beautiful sight to see.

Besides, plastering photo's of this beautiful, personal thing on FB makes it less about a beautiful mother baby bonding moment, and turns it into an attention seeking 'Look at me' moment. It's not about the baby at that very moment that you are post a photo for FB. It's all about you and the good and bad attention you'll get from it.

That's only my opinion though..

I happened to realize on of my friends on FB became friends with one of my ex-friends. I saw that my ex- friend posted pics of her breastfeeding her baby on FB.

Personally I think this should be kept between the mom and her baby, and not her mom, baby, and facebook.

But I wanted to know others opinions of it..

Shoot away!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options

She had no choice in a losing battle. Just look at all of her poor grammar that preceded it.

I do apologize for that. I was breastfeeding while typing.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind... No different to your naked pic on the profile.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

On webcam?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Oh look, people who are admittedly insecure with their own bodies grow insecure over others. Take out baby and insert "bikini photos" or "cleavage shots" or "shirtless men vs. shirtless women" and you have the same underlying issues.

It's just sadder that a facet of evolution that's been around before humans can bring up any sort of debate.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options

On webcam?

I should look into that. Maybe I could do a pay site and make some money? (JK)
  • Sirxx99
    Options
    :brokenheart:
  • Sirxx99
    Options

You are very lucky to have babies with regular schedules. I have 8 children and have not had that experience. We are all different. I try to be discreet. I have had children that have no problem allowing me to use a drape or a blanket over them but I have had some that are screaming maniacs if I try a drape. If people stare that is their problem. I also dislike it when people want to bf in public and then complain if someone looks.

This was all I was trying to say. I never said at any point it was unacceptable. I guess I look at things differently and offend people if it didnt come out right over the several posts. I would do anything for my kids at any time they need something. I was always able to time manage my kids for the most part. However the times I wasnt able to I was able to figure out the next possible thing. Dad's cant just breast feed on the spot and it takes a lot of work to plan things out. I wasnt saying it was ok or not ok by any means just dont complain if people look.
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Women have breasts to feed baby's end of story!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options

[/quote]

This was all I was trying to say. I never said at any point it was unacceptable. I guess I look at things differently and offend people if it didnt come out right over the several posts. I would do anything for my kids at any time they need something. I was always able to time manage my kids for the most part. However the times I wasnt able to I was able to figure out the next possible thing. Dad's cant just breast feed on the spot and it takes a lot of work to plan things out. I wasnt saying it was ok or not ok by any means just dont complain if people look. [/quote]

^agree! You sound like a good dad. Keep it up!
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I often wonder how many of the children portrayed in breastfeeding photo's posted online will grow up and sue their parents for 'ruining their life' or 'really screwing them up'. *lol*

Hey, it could happen..
    ... maybe it'll be a hour long special on the Jerry Springer show. *lol*
    "How Boobs Ruined My Life Forever.. a Breastfeeding Story" tonight at 10.:laugh: