Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options
OspreyVista
OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
I happened to realize on of my friends on FB became friends with one of my ex-friends. I saw that my ex- friend posted pics of her breastfeeding her baby on FB.

Personally I think this should be kept between the mom and her baby, and not her mom, baby, and facebook.

But I wanted to know others opinions of it..

Shoot away!

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Lots of people put up photos of their babies eating. Not seeing the issue.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options

I'm not saying it's an ISSUE. I'm asking for opinions on it because I'm curious.
  • impyimpyaj
    Options

I'm not saying it's an ISSUE. I'm asking for opinions on it because I'm curious.

And I gave my opinion. It's a photo of a baby eating. No big deal.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I think Breastfeeding is a beautiful thing. And that mothers should be no more ashamed of it than bottle feeding. And I know that I posted pictures of my kids eating, they were bottle babies.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I think if it was an issue there would be a lot of mommies registering on the sex offender list. Hopefully people don't make it an issue. That would really suck.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I don't like seeing it when I'm having dinner at a restaurant.

Yes I can look away, but it's the crash scene effect where you sometimes can't help, but look.

I think it should be kept between her and the child, but it's not my call to make as I'm 99% sure it's legal thing to do anywhere.

As for the facebook picture, yeah I don't know why she would post that and think her friends would want to see it... ?
  • impyimpyaj
    Options

As for the facebook picture, yeah I don't know why she would post that and think her friends would want to see it... ?

Meh, I don't really like reading about my friend's drama with her ex-husband, but it's her Facebook page to post what she likes.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Meh, I don't really like reading about my friend's drama with her ex-husband, but it's her Facebook page to post what she likes.

Reading something, and seeing something is different though and i think it should be treated that way.
  • impyimpyaj
    Options

Reading something, and seeing something is different though and i think it should be treated that way.

Ok, I don't really like seeing people's nasty feet in their vacation photos. Or seeing someone with a beer in one hand making out at a club. Again, it's their page, not mine.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    its more for awareness.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    im a new mom and i wouldnt do it. To me its a one on one private thing . :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This wouldn't bother me. I don't understand it when people are freaked out by seeing breastfeeding.
  • Contrarian
    Options
    its more for awareness.

What do you mean?
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with a woman feeding her baby. I kick myself that I EVER nursed my son in a bathroom stall because I didn't want some moron to make a comment.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Providing said people don't have a problem with other similarly naked breasts appearing in similar positions, I have no problem with it.
    If they do, I reserve the right to shout 'hypocrite' and 'get real' :).
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    its more for awareness.

What do you mean?

Alot of breastfeeding Mothers will post pix of them breastfeeding their child on FB because in mass sometimes, there types of photos get flagged at nudity and get removed by the FB admins.

But, pix of almost naked people are allowed to be up.

So, they post for awareness sometimes. There are even whole groups dedicated to it and they stage dates where they all post them over a short amount of time.
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    Breastfeeding is the best thing that a mom can do... about pics on fb... its their choice... but if my baby is hungry in a public place i will feed him.... (or let him dieeeeeeeeeeee) ....maybe some womans need to learn how to be able to do this discreetly covered.... you dont need to take off your clothes to feed your child!!!
  • Contrarian
    Options
    its more for awareness.

What do you mean?

Alot of breastfeeding Mothers will post pix of them breastfeeding their child on FB because in mass sometimes, there types of photos get flagged at nudity and get removed by the FB admins.

But, pix of almost naked people are allowed to be up.

So, they post for awareness sometimes. There are even whole groups dedicated to it and they stage dates where they all post them over a short amount of time.

Who in the world is unaware of breastfeeding?
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Providing said people don't have a problem with other similarly naked breasts appearing in similar positions, I have no problem with it.
    If they do, I reserve the right to shout 'hypocrite' and 'get real' :).
    Men can go topless. Women should be able to as well as far as I'm concerned. As far as breastfeeding goes, if I ever catch anyone complaining about it, I will choke the life out of them without hesitation or guilt.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    While I never fed my son out in the open, that's just me being modest, but I have no issues with others who do it. Your feeding your child the way they were meant to be fed. That's the reason we woman have breast. Don't like it don't look. After breastfeeding my son I regretted not breastfeeding my daughter. It was an awesome experiance. I also don't have a problem with you bottle feeding your child out in public.